Members banned from this thread: evince

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYT: Major Swing States do not support removal - Democrats completely self owning

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default NYT: Major Swing States do not support removal - Democrats completely self owning

Voters in the states likeliest to decide the 2020 presidential election support the impeachment inquiry that House Democrats began last month, but a majority still opposes impeaching President Trump and removing him from office, according to a New York Times/Siena College survey.

In the six closest states carried by the president in 2016, registered voters support the impeachment inquiry by a five-point margin, 50 percent to 45 percent. The same voters oppose impeaching Mr. Trump and removing him from office, 53 percent to 43 percent.

Support for the impeachment inquiry is largely consistent with recent national surveys, which show registered voters backing the inquiry by an average of nine points over the last three weeks, or a margin four points higher than the one in the Times/Siena poll. In 2016, the six battleground states were about four points more favorable to Mr. Trump than the rest of the country was, a pattern that persisted in the 2018 midterm election.

The results suggest that the president continues to be stronger in the top battleground states than he is nationwide. This is keeping his narrow path to re-election alive and insulating him and his party from national political opinion — to an extent.

A few high-profile national surveys, including a Fox News poll criticized by the president, show a majority of voters support impeachment and removal. But many surveys have not shown support for removal.

An NBC/WSJ poll, for instance, found that adults opposed impeachment and removal by a six-point margin, 49 percent to 43 percent, nearly the reverse of Fox’s result of 51 percent supporting and 43 percent opposed. Other surveys — from Marist College, Quinnipiac, CNN/SSRS and Monmouth College — also found more opposition than support for impeachment and removal. The Times/Siena results are fairly consistent with those surveys.

New developments could sway public opinion as well. The Times/Siena survey of 1,934 respondents had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points and was conducted from Oct. 13-20, largely before the acting White House chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, acknowledged that aid to Ukraine was conditioned on an investigation of Democrats. (He later retracted those comments).

But more time doesn’t guarantee a shift in public opinion. The rapid increase in support for impeachment after Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s announcement of the opening of the inquiry last month has clearly slowed and perhaps even ground to halt.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/u...nds-Trump.html

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-31-2019), Truth Detector (10-31-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

1 more day huh? impressive.. I smoke a tiny bit each night,but a good cleansing always works wonders

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-31-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

im fucking loving this. This is going to blow up in democrats faces. All the major swing states are decidedly against removing Trump. Quoting national polls means jackshit, we don't have a national election. Trump is winning where it counts, and democrats are decidedly fucking themselves over. This wont play well in michigan, or Pennsylvania. Democrats are kings of unintended consequences. Your arrogance will be your own undoing, and the funniest thing of all is you can't even see it coming.

Bring on impeachment. I want some popcorn. You'll never convict him in the senate and you'll continue to be politically impotent. We'll keep winning.

---

Grind is basically right

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-31-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

the "process argument" is starting to win out as the "high crime and misdemeanor" just isn't there
    and Schiff is so damn shifty about it all
    Ya i think it blows up in their faces the more this is exposed as pure partisan hatchet job, without due process

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-31-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Yeah but Domer and Jarod have a Fox News poll that says 50% supports impeachment so...........

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Sailor (10-31-2019), Truth Detector (10-31-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Yeah but Domer and Jarod have a Fox News poll that says 50% supports impeachment so...........
    im starting to think that fox poll was.. seditious... something just seems really off about it. In the article I posted, it actually mentions it was a major outlier and lists many other polls that said the opposite. I dont' know if fox was just making a play to seem more centrist, if it was a result of a salty paul ryan on the fox board of directors, or what.. but I think there could be some deep state mechanics at play because they knew that them reporting that would kickstart a different vibe... and it doesn't line up with any other poll.

But I don't even care about national polls. Liberals can have their fucking popularity contest. I care about winning. As I have said before, liberals can number themselves in the billions if they want, if they all live in LA it means jack shit. Trump is still polling way ahead in swing states vs. national polling, that does not bode well for democrats.

---

Grind is basically right

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

still relevant

---

Grind is basically right

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is highly possible that the reason the liberals wanted to hold this in private; is that they wanted to see which Democrats were going to be implicated, so they could begin their own defense.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Sailor (10-31-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    It is highly possible that the reason the liberals wanted to hold this in private; is that they wanted to see which Democrats were going to be implicated, so they could begin their own defense.
    That is a really good point.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

The presentation of your post isn't entirely accurate, they don't support impeachment, majority of the country doesn't, but they do support the inquiry into impeachment, in other words, they want what is occurring now to continue to see where it goes

The Democrats feel they have a case to make, to put the Senate on the bubble, obviously Mitch is going to kill it, but he is going to have to do it in public, if they bring out enough damaging evidence in the House it is going to make the Senate look bad and aid the Democrats next Fall

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

The results suggest that the president continues to be stronger in the top battleground states than he is nationwide.
    color me surprised......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Is that the demagogues latest play?

Currently it is being conducted in private cause the majority of most Congressional investigations are done in private, and thanks to the past GOP Houses' revisions of the rules, they can pretty much do as they like.

As Goudy himself said, public hearings accomplish next to nothing, actually labeled them a "circus," which we all know having seen them over the last ten years.

If articles submitted, they will be fully debated on the floor of the House for all to see

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    if they bring out enough damaging evidence in the House it is going to make the Senate look bad and aid the Democrats next Fall
    and if you continue to find NO evidence?.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (10-31-2019), USFREEDOM911 (10-31-2019)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

So they are measuring pro rump people. Cuz Trump committed flat out treason.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    So they are measuring pro rump people. Cuz Trump committed flat out treason.
    You make it clear every time you post how there is no way in hell you could be a lawyer.