Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How Disgusting Are Big Corporations?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    do you believe that very rich individuals control and use governments to their own ends?
    The certainly try. That has been demonstrated time and time again.
    It is not the only influence in government, however.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

no. hillary was for tpp. and she screwed over bernie. these are facts. stop lying. if you can never truthfully acknowledge why trump won, you will never win again.
    Hillary is not running, Sanders is. That is a fact, You know what that are?
    TPP was actually a good plan. It was a trade agreement with Asian countries that dealt China out. Not all international trade agreements are bad.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

"How Disgusting Are Big Corporations?"

Wait for it...

Just a moment for effect...

-Some of them supported Donald Trump for President.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-11-2019)

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Hillary is not running, Sanders is. That is a fact, You know what that are?
    TPP was actually a good plan. It was a trade agreement with Asian countries that dealt China out. Not all international trade agreements are bad.
    just in general, there's too much sending capacity overseas. "consumer society" or "post industrial" are stupid globalist concepts. its it creates lopsided nations that are too dependant, and have too few jobs. of course some are ok. like ones in our favor.

6. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Corporations are as evil as we permit them to be. The founders chartered them with the understanding if they did things damaging to society, they would lose their charter. Many corporations of today would lose theirs. The corporate heads started back then to slowly take power and control. The idea that corporations are people is a terrible decision that the court never really made. Corporations should be under the power of the government.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (11-09-2019), PoliTalker (11-09-2019)

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Corporations are as evil as we permit them to be. The founders chartered them with the understanding if they did things damaging to society, they would lose their charter. Many corporations of today would lose theirs. The corporate heads started back then to slowly take power and control. The idea that corporations are people is a terrible decision that the court never really made. Corporations should be under the power of the government.
    yes, as long as that government isnt also controlled by bankers or corporate oligarchs. the devil is in the details.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yes, as long as that government isnt also controlled by bankers or corporate oligarchs. the devil is in the details.
    It is the function of the voters and people to select leaders who work for them. Not people like Trump. The government can fight corporations. You cannot. So it is incumbent on you and other voters to choose wisely. The old saw about crippling regulation is a great example. Corporations will turn the environment into a swamp to increase profits. There is almost nothing a person or people can do against their power. Those regulations were installed to protect the people and the environment. Yet many have been convinced that regulations are bad. It is a constant refrain sung by wealthy and corporations until many people have learned and sung the same lyrics. The government can be your friend and will fight for you. Corporations will not.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is the function of the voters and people to select leaders who work for them. Not people like Trump. The government can fight corporations. You cannot. So it is incumbent on you and other voters to choose wisely. The old saw about crippling regulation is a great example. Corporations will turn the environment into a swamp to increase profits. There is almost nothing a person or people can do against their power. Those regulations were installed to protect the people and the environment. Yet many have been convinced that regulations are bad. It is a constant refrain sung by wealthy and corporations until many people have learned and sung the same lyrics. The government can be your friend and will fight for you. Corporations will not.
    we agree man. Im saying the government has to also not be also controlled by corporations. its just basic anti corruption. chill out.

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dirty greedy corporation trick number 4736:

Severance packages used to be a nice perk for dedicated workers who gave years of their lives to a corporation. They were offered as a benefit package in addition to a respectable salary in order to lure the best talent to work at a corporation.

But these days you don't see too many jobs that have a severance package. It is becoming unheard of any more. And worse, the jobs that do offer a severance package in reward for years of work, now only give it up with strings attached. It now frequently comes with a non-compete agreement and a NDA. The worker is not allowed to talk about the job done, nor contact any former workers who are still employed at the corporation, nor any of the customers or clients. The worker is also prevented from working for any competitors for a number of years. If the worker does not sign then the severance package is withheld. If the corporation determines the agreements have been violated it can sue the former worker to recover the severance package plus attorney fees and court costs.

The worker is essentially poofed from existence in the former working world. Any friendships which may have arisen out of years or even decades of work are erased. All for something that was once given with no strings attached.

That is how disgusting big corporations are.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (11-10-2019)

14. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Dirty greedy corporation trick number 4736:

Severance packages used to be a nice perk for dedicated workers who gave years of their lives to a corporation. They were offered as a benefit package in addition to a respectable salary in order to lure the best talent to work at a corporation.

But these days you don't see too many jobs that have a severance package. It is becoming unheard of any more. And worse, the jobs that do offer a severance package in reward for years of work, now only give it up with strings attached. It now frequently comes with a non-compete agreement and a NDA. The worker is not allowed to talk about the job done, nor contact any former workers who are still employed at the corporation, nor any of the customers or clients. The worker is also prevented from working for any competitors for a number of years. If the worker does not sign then the severance package is withheld. If the corporation determines the agreements have been violated it can sue the former worker to recover the severance package plus attorney fees and court costs.

The worker is essentially poofed from existence in the former working world. Any friendships which may have arisen out of years or even decades of work are erased. All for something that was once given with no strings attached.

That is how disgusting big corporations are.
    In a sense, when you are not being paid by a company, they still own and control you. You are working for them for free.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-10-2019)

16. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

In a sense, when you are not being paid by a company, they still own and control you. You are working for them for free.
    Corporations want to be treated as people, but they treat real people as possessions.

If real people acted like corporations, their victims often seek court-mandated restraining orders.

17. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

18. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nordberg,

Corporations want to be treated as people, but they treat real people as possessions.

If real people acted like corporations, their victims often seek court-mandated restraining orders.
    In no way do I understand the corporations are people concept. Except it gives the corporations and their execs undeserved powers that continue decade after decade. They lobby and bribe for something. The house and senate change and die off. The lobbying and bribing continue. Eventually, they slip in what they wanted all along. That is what allowed Gramm to slip the Banking deregulation laws in which gave us a 2nd great depression to fight off.

19. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In no way do I understand the corporations are people concept. Except it gives the corporations and their execs undeserved powers that continue decade after decade. They lobby and bribe for something. The house and senate change and die off. The lobbying and bribing continue. Eventually, they slip in what they wanted all along. That is what allowed Gramm to slip the Banking deregulation laws in which gave us a 2nd great depression to fight off.
    Well the good news is we are going to fix that.

It is already happening.

The bad news is the fix is going to take a long time.

But that is understandable. Lots of meaningful change took a long time.

Here is how we are doing it, and you can help:

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

21. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

public funding of elections means only the largest companies which run the government will have any say.

this just focuses corruption at the very top.

22. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,625 Times in 9,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?