Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Threat America Has Ever Faced: the GOP?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default The Greatest Threat America Has Ever Faced: the GOP?

The Mother of All Messes By Paul Craig Roberts

"Republicans are sending around the Internet a photo of a cute little boy whose T-shirt reads: “The mess in my pants is nothing compared to the mess Democrats will make of this country if they win Nov. 2nd.”

One can only wonder at the insouciance of this message. Are Republicans unaware of the amazing mess the Bush regime has made?

It is impossible to imagine a bigger mess. Republicans have us at war in two countries as a result of Republican lies and deceptions, and we might be in two more wars--Iran and Pakistan--by November. We have alienated the entire Muslim world and most of the rest.

The dollar has lost 60% of its value against the euro, and the once mighty dollar is losing its reserve currency role.

The Republicans’ policies have driven up the price of both oil and gold by 400%.

Inflation is in double digits. Employment is falling.

The Republican economy in the 21st century has been unable to create net new jobs for Americans except for low wage domestic services such as waitresses, bartenders, retail clerks and hospital orderlies."

http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts07232008.html
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah and 28% still think Bush is doing a good job.

A nation of idiots. Majority wise.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Well it will probably be more important to vote Democrat in congressional elections then for President. A fillibuster/veto proof majority is needed.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nope lets look at the root causes. Stupidity , laziness and greed.
    that is what enabled the Republicans to get in power in the first place.

We do need some good conservatives in govt to balance out the extreme left, but this neo stuff is pure crap, and people were stupid enough to buy their crap.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

The filibuster and veto should be abolished... they are privileges that are abused far too much in the modern world.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

The certainly have been misused in the past by self serving politicians to protect the interest of a few.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

“The mess in my pants is nothing compared to the mess Democrats will make of this country if they win Nov. 2nd.”
    Isn't anyone finding it hilarious that the GOP is saying 'hey, at least we're better than a $h1t$st@in!!!'

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

The Mother of All Messes By Paul Craig Roberts

"Republicans are sending around the Internet a photo of a cute little boy whose T-shirt reads: “The mess in my pants is nothing compared to the mess Democrats will make of this country if they win Nov. 2nd.”

One can only wonder at the insouciance of this message. Are Republicans unaware of the amazing mess the Bush regime has made?

Does anyone ever question the bullshit?

It is impossible to imagine a bigger mess. Republicans have us at war in two countries as a result of Republican lies and deceptions, and we might be in two more wars--Iran and Pakistan--by November. We have alienated the entire Muslim world and most of the rest.

Republican lies and deceptions ?

Need I post the infamous Democratic quotes that show (prove)them saying EXACTLY the same things Bush said?....and show they were repeating these same warnings about WMD and Saddam since 1995 on into 2003....so there are no lies or deceptions...incorrect conclusions, in hindsight from D's and R's I can buy, but nothing sinister at all ....

Two wars the fault of R's....bullshit again...for the information of complete idiots, WE WERE ATTACKED .... and the Resolution for entering Iraq was passed with Dem. assistance....

The dollar has lost 60% of its value against the euro, and the once mighty dollar is losing its reserve currency role.

More bullshit....at least according to CBS News...
    CBS News....7/6/08
    The dollar has lost roughly a quarter of its purchasing power against the currencies of major U.S. trading partners from its peak in 2002.
    http://tinyurl.com/6594nr
    Last time I checked, a "quarter" was 25%....

The Republicans’ policies have driven up the price of both oil and gold by 400%.

Republicans control the price of oil and gold ? Thats too freekin' stupid to warrant a response...

Inflation is in double digits. Employment is falling.

Inflation is about 5.02 %....data released 7/16/08 for June 2008
    Employment varied from 5.7%(2002) down to 4.6%(2007) and now stands at about 5.5%....so yes, technically, employment is falling (big woop)

The Republican economy in the 21st century has been unable to create net new jobs for Americans except for low wage domestic services such as waitresses, bartenders, retail clerks and hospital orderlies."

Just plain liberal rant bullshit
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

"Need I post the infamous Democratic quotes that show (prove)them saying EXACTLY the same things Bush said?....and show they were repeating these same warnings about WMD and Saddam since 1995 on into 2003....so there are no lies or deceptions...incorrect conclusions, in hindsight from D's and R's I can buy, but nothing sinister at all ...."

- Downing Street memo
    - Powell's aide saying he was given a "chinese menu" of intel & told to make a case
    - blatant lie about Curveball & bio-weapons labs in state of the union only days after they were debunked in a PDB
    - British intel memo saying intelligence was being fixed around the policy
    - Paul Wolfowicz quoted saying that WMD's were the reason "we decided on" to convince the country to go to war, to pursue their agenda
    - Senate report (bipartisan) concluding that intel was manipulated

Need I go on?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Iraq war is a fake war Bush made up because he didn't believe a president could be great without war and he was obsessed with his legacy.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    "Need I post the infamous Democratic quotes that show (prove)them saying EXACTLY the same things Bush said?....and show they were repeating these same warnings about WMD and Saddam since 1995 on into 2003....so there are no lies or deceptions...incorrect conclusions, in hindsight from D's and R's I can buy, but nothing sinister at all ...."

- Downing Street memo
    - Powell's aide saying he was given a "chinese menu" of intel & told to make a case
    - blatant lie about Curveball & bio-weapons labs in state of the union only days after they were debunked in a PDB
    - British intel memo saying intelligence was being fixed around the policy
    - Paul Wolfowicz quoted saying that WMD's were the reason "we decided on" to convince the country to go to war, to pursue their agenda
    - Senate report (bipartisan) concluding that intel was manipulated

Need I go on?
    [b]Why go on?
    None of what you post is relevant to what the Democrats were saying about Saddam and WMD from 1996 and on into 2003....
    Are you telling me the Democrats were lying all those years about Saddam and WMD...or are gonna claim it never happened...

Are you gonna tell me Congressional Democrats didn't vote for the War Resolution is sufficient numbers to pass it....?
    Maybe you wanna claim that Bush was just too smart for the Dems...
    Conclusions reached in hindsight are useless....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

You said there were no lies or deceptions; you were wrong. There were plenty, and they are documented.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And the wussy democrats caved in to the antiamerican and unpatriotic rhetoric of the right. Plus some of them had sold out to the same beast.
    Bus as Oncelor points out this does not diminish in any way the lies and deception that Bushco spun to get their war going.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    You said there were no lies or deceptions; you were wrong. There were plenty, and they are documented.
    The claims made by Bush are literally identical to what Democrats were saying about Saddam and WMD from 1996 into 2003.....
    The same claims made by intell. agencys from all the major countrys including our own CIA.....those are the facts of history, not cherry-picked accusations on "Monday morning after the game...."

If you want to consider them lies, have a ball....thats an awful lot of liars covering those 8 years and every intell org. in the civilized world...

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

bush apologists all thave the same lines.
    and love to call me a partisan hack for despising anthing bush related.