Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: TAYLOR elicited GASPS/SIGHS in long open'g remarks +DEM's most disturb'g day in CONG

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Taylor testified that that the money and meetings were held up for dirt on Biden.

So, while you don't need it... you got your Quid Pro Quo.
    except they were not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (10-25-2019)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    TAYLOR'S OPENING REMARKS WERE JUST RELEASED... (QUID QUO PRO all over the place and Taylor knew better than anyone. He's still a diplomat using words like IRREGULAR,concerned, alarm to mention a few. Screw over Biden or no mulah! My dog could understand this).

https://www.scribd.com/document/4315...oad&from_embed
    Funny how they haven't released the Q&A. I wonder why.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Earl (10-25-2019)

5. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,673 Times in 17,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    This must just make Trump's day.
    Actually, Thumper, his day will be made when this bogus impeachment arrives at file 13 in the Republican controlled SENATE.

Remember when the sexual predator, old Bill Clinton's impeachment arrived in the Senate...same thing will happen.
    Last edited by Earl; 10-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.

6. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's envoy to testify that 'no quid pro quo' came from Trump
    https://www.washingtonpost.com › world › national-security › 2019/10/12
    Oct 12, 2019 - Sondland plans to tell lawmakers he has no knowledge of whether the president was telling him the truth at that moment. ... The White House and its defenders have held up Sondland’s text, which included “no quid pro quo’s of any kind,” as proof that none was ever considered

7. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's DOJ clears president of violating ... - ABC7 News
    https://abc7news.com › trumps-doj-clears-president-of-violating-campaign...
    Sep 25, 2019 - The Justice Department evaluated whether President Trump's call with the ... Further explaining the DOJ's handling of the referral, the official said the ... law because nothing "of value" was clearly promised or exchanged as a result of the call.

8. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello jbander,

No, it is not stupid at all. It is actually very wise.

There are different ways of looking at most things.

Tailgating is wrong. It is against the law, for very good reason. It's dangerous.

It doesn't matter what another driver does, nothing justifies tailgating.

Some people do it as a part of aggressive driving in order to intimidate other drivers.

Others do it only if somebody cuts them off, reasoning that the other driver 'deserves it.'

They feel justified in doing something they know is wrong because the other driver wronged them first.

It doesn't matter. If a cop sees them doing that they could get a ticket. That would be a legitimate ticket.

They could take it to court and try to argue in front of the judge, "But the other driver cut me off so that made it OK to tailgate him!"

And the judge would say no it does not.

And the reason goes back to a very simple lesson most people learn very early in life.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
    I told you either respond to my simple question or your done here. Tail gating has no part at all in what we are talking about . So this goofy crazy conversation is done. Unless your willing to respond to my question. There is no other way to go any further with this conversation, to me it is dead on stupid and I won't go there , I tried to be reasonable but that has now ended , No more gibberish if you have nothing as a response to my question You will simply disappear from here. Its a waste of bandwidth and straight out nonsense.

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Actually, Thumper, his day will be made when this bogus impeachment arrives at file 13 in the Republican controlled SENATE.

Remember when the sexual predator, old Bill Clinton's impeachment arrived in the Senate...same thing will happen.
    First the house has to keep this investigation going a lot longer while leaking testimony and lies about the testimony every day of the hearings. Knowing that the senate won't impeach even if they find him quilt of raping a 13 year old . That will then be the straw and this hate group will simply disappear faster then demographics would make them disappear and there is nothing better for this country and the patriots of this country then the total demise of this organized hate group they call a party,

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't need to be partisan to realize and say that scum bag is a pile of shit. A pile of shit is a pile of shit.

11. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello jbander,

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    I told you either respond to my simple question or your done here. Tail gating has no part at all in what we are talking about . So this goofy crazy conversation is done. Unless your willing to respond to my question. There is no other way to go any further with this conversation, to me it is dead on stupid and I won't go there , I tried to be reasonable but that has now ended , No more gibberish if you have nothing as a response to my question You will simply disappear from here. Its a waste of bandwidth and straight out nonsense.
    You have a right to feel any way you wish. I am powerless to remove that right. I appreciate that you didn't go off on me. I was just offering a different perspective. We agree that Trump is bad for our country, has done wrong things, should be removed from office, and that Republicans who are sticking up for him are wrong to do so. It would also be appropriate for Trump to go to prison as several of his cronies have already.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-25-2019)

13. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said leaks that led to headlines about how the diplomat said President Trump tied security aid for Ukraine to investigations into the Biden family are misleading.

"The truth is, in two minutes, John Ratcliffe destroyed this witness. There is no quid pro quo," Nunes told Fox News host Sean Hannity.

Nunes did not disclose what exactly was said in the exchange, but in a Fox News appearance earlier in the day, Ratcliffe denied that Taylor or any other witness has given testimony about Ukraine being aware of a quid pro quo.

"I found [Taylor] to be very forthright. He had very strong opinions about Donald Trump’s approach to foreign policy," Ratcliffe said. "But again, the mainstream media reporting that he provided evidence of a quid pro quo involving military aid is false. I questioned him directly on that. And under [House Intelligence Chairman] Adam Schiff’s rules I can’t tell you what he said, but I can tell you what he didn’t say. And neither he or any other witness has provided testimony that the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld. You can’t have a quid pro quo with no quo."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-in-deposition

No quid pro quo...just another witch hunt.

14. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post

Earl, did you forget to take your meds???????????

15. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    You don't need to be partisan to realize and say that scum bag is a pile of shit. A pile of shit is a pile of shit.
    I always ho back to Trump's momma, "what kind of son have I raised?"
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

16. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I have no idea what the hell is going on in there but that's 2 new headlines to come out in 45 minutes. WTF did Trump and Guiliani do? Seriously. Something sounds seriously wrong. Congressman was 'shaken' when he came out? It's only 12N and this is 'my worst day in Congress' yet?

Diplomat Bill Taylor’s long opening statement on Ukraine provoked ‘sighs and gasps’: report

Published
    1 min ago on
    October 22, 2019
    By Brad Reed

Veteran diplomat Bill Taylor, who told European Union ambassador Gordon Sondland that he thought it was “crazy” to withhold military aid to Ukraine to help a political campaign, testified before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday over the objections of the Trump State Department.

Even though details of the testimony have not yet been made public, one source tells Politico’s Andrew Desiderio that Taylor’s opening statement was a hefty 15 pages long and sparked “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

Andrew Desiderio
    @AndrewDesiderio

New: Per source in the room, Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and prompted “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

While no lawmakers present at the hearing have discussed the contents of Taylor’s opening statement, reactions from at least two Democratic lawmakers line up with what Desiderio’s source claims was the reaction in the room.

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) described Taylor’s testimony so far as “incredibly damaging to the president.” Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI), meanwhile, reportedly described Taylor’s testimony as “my most disturbing day in Congress so far.”

My most disturbing day in Congress so far’: Democrat leaves US diplomat’s hearing shaken by Ukraine testimony

Published
    1 min ago on
    October 22, 2019
    By Sky Palma

The US diplomat who protested against President Trump’s pressuring Ukraine to investigate a political rival in exchange for military aid is testifying on Capitol Hill today in a closed-door session. According to reports, Taylor, who was the top American diplomat in Ukraine after Trump’s ouster of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, is expected to be questioned by House investigators on what he thinks Trump’s motives were in trying to orchestrate a quid pro quo with Ukraine’s government.

While details on Taylor’s exact testimony are still unknown, Fox News reporter Chad Pergram suggested in a tweet this Tuesday that Taylor is already confirming Democrats worst fears. One of those Democrats, Rep. Andy Levin (MI), was overheard saying, “It’s only noon and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far.”

From colleague Guerin Hays. Dem MI Rep Andy Levin as he emerges from closed door i-view w/acting Amb to Ukraine Bill Taylor: It’s only noon and This is my most disturbing day in Congress so far.

Yeah....hearsay is often humorous. Why do none of the supposed witnesses present first hand evidence of their testimony? Propaganda is not documentable. Simply because this man presents a biased OPINION does not constitute evidence. Reality: The actual transcript is now in the public domain (there is no actual text that even suggests a quid pro quo arrangement)…….and those who were actually involved with the phone conversation have stated THERE was no blackmail/quid pro quo.

If nothing else this latest left wing SHOW PRODUCTION is entertaining......to make a good show, just parade a list of "corrupt" or "inept" people fired by Mr. Trump.

What did SHITLESS do.....go to Hollywood and find an old tv script from one of Trump's TV productions?

17. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    GASP
    The old Pussaroo is in the house . long live the Pussaroo. I 'love it when you people jump on board attacking the truth, with your second hand hate based bullshit. You are going nowhere but down hill supported a piece of shit that the world literally hate's ,that is a embarrassment to this country and is this countries biggest threat and enemy , Pile that on top of the fact that he is a hand holder to our enemy's and attacks our allies , How fricken stupid can you people be.