Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TAYLOR elicited GASPS/SIGHS in long open'g remarks +DEM's most disturb'g day in CONG

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Good luck. In the meantime...

Democrat: Ukraine ambassador's testimony is 'sea change' in the impeachment probe

BY MIKE LILLIS - 10/22/19 02:17 PM EDT 300 - THE HILL

Democrats emerging Tuesday from the closed-door testimony of United States' the top diplomat to Ukraine were tight-lipped on details but effusive on a central point: William Taylor, they said, was delivering the most damning testimony yet in impeachment investigation into President Trump.

"Without question the most powerful testimony we've heard," said Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.), who sits on the Oversight Committee.

"This testimony is a sea change. I think it could accelerate matters,
    " Lynch continued. "This will, I think, answer more questions than it raises."

Lynch described Taylor, the U.S. chargé d'affaires of Ukraine, as a "meticulous" note-taker who had kept detailed records of his involvement in the months-long effort by Trump and some of his closest allies to pressure Ukrainian leaders to find dirt on Trump's political rivals.
    {yawn} Dems aren't public with any of their supposed private basement bombshells...so what? who cares?
    Last edited by Stretch; 10-22-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (10-22-2019), Truth Detector (10-22-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    {yawn} Dems aren't public with any their supposed private basement bombshells...so what? who cares?
    you didn't know closed door House hearings are 'private'?

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

And a BUSHATRON?
    in this case no difference.
    If you read his background it's the same garbage of stopping Russia from "expansion" -nevermind the only expansion has been NATO expansion.

To give Obama a little bit of credit ( being fair minded) he did do the Russian reset, which would have stopped our current Cold war 2.0
    But we fucked that up when we made damn sure ( John Mccain and Vicky Nuland) Ukraine's Euromaidan
    became a ginned up revolution,and not about human rights/corruption.

Which caused the annexation of Crimea,etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-22-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    you didn't know closed door House hearings are 'private'?
    You didn't know that they are "CLOSED DOOR" because they KNOW THEY AIN'T GOT SHIT, EXCEPT INNUENDO and LIES...JUST LIKE "RUSSIAN COLLUSION"....?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Taylor's opening statement is out...……..TONS of proof, provides everything needed for impeachment

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...or-Opening.pdf

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Taylor's opening statement is out...……..TONS of proof, provides everything needed for impeachment

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...or-Opening.pdf
    I thought it was a "closed door session". Comey in charge of security, apparently.

WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT A LEFTOVER OBAMITE, LYINGASS LIFELONG LIE-O-CRAT HAS TO SAY...BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, NO LESS?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Stretch (10-22-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

I have no idea what the hell is going on in there but that's 2 new headlines to come out in 45 minutes. WTF did Trump and Guiliani do? Seriously. Something sounds seriously wrong. Congressman was 'shaken' when he came out? It's only 12N and this is 'my worst day in Congress' yet?

Diplomat Bill Taylor’s long opening statement on Ukraine provoked ‘sighs and gasps’: report

Published
    1 min ago on
    October 22, 2019
    By Brad Reed

Veteran diplomat Bill Taylor, who told European Union ambassador Gordon Sondland that he thought it was “crazy” to withhold military aid to Ukraine to help a political campaign, testified before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday over the objections of the Trump State Department.

Even though details of the testimony have not yet been made public, one source tells Politico’s Andrew Desiderio that Taylor’s opening statement was a hefty 15 pages long and sparked “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

Andrew Desiderio
    @AndrewDesiderio

New: Per source in the room, Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and prompted “a lot of sighs and gasps.”

While no lawmakers present at the hearing have discussed the contents of Taylor’s opening statement, reactions from at least two Democratic lawmakers line up with what Desiderio’s source claims was the reaction in the room.

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) described Taylor’s testimony so far as “incredibly damaging to the president.” Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI), meanwhile, reportedly described Taylor’s testimony as “my most disturbing day in Congress so far.”

My most disturbing day in Congress so far’: Democrat leaves US diplomat’s hearing shaken by Ukraine testimony

Published
    1 min ago on
    October 22, 2019
    By Sky Palma

The US diplomat who protested against President Trump’s pressuring Ukraine to investigate a political rival in exchange for military aid is testifying on Capitol Hill today in a closed-door session. According to reports, Taylor, who was the top American diplomat in Ukraine after Trump’s ouster of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, is expected to be questioned by House investigators on what he thinks Trump’s motives were in trying to orchestrate a quid pro quo with Ukraine’s government.

While details on Taylor’s exact testimony are still unknown, Fox News reporter Chad Pergram suggested in a tweet this Tuesday that Taylor is already confirming Democrats worst fears. One of those Democrats, Rep. Andy Levin (MI), was overheard saying, “It’s only noon and this is my most disturbing day in Congress so far.”

From colleague Guerin Hays. Dem MI Rep Andy Levin as he emerges from closed door i-view w/acting Amb to Ukraine Bill Taylor: It’s only noon and This is my most disturbing day in Congress so far.

Wow.

OK, I can understand the gasps now that I have read most of the text of the opening remarks.

"President Trump wanted President Zelenski 'in a public box' by making a public statement about ordering such investigations [into Biden.]"

Too bad Trump fans won't listen to reason. They'll either call it fake news or dismiss it as not an impeachable quid pro quo. Pretty thorough con job by Trump...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    I thought it was a "closed door session". Comey in charge of security, apparently.

WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT A LEFTOVER OBAMITE, LYINGASS LIFELONG LIE-O-CRAT HAS TO SAY...BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, NO LESS?
    Yes. It's called selective leaking by the Ineptocrats.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

All the public will get are cherry-picked soundbites from the Dem inquisition. No transcripts released, no public hearings, no rebuttals, zero transparency so who cares
    what these idiots are doing or saying in secret in the basement. As long as they continue to hide and provide no evidence of what's going on...again who cares?
    They've got nothing worth revealing to us so they'll just keep secret meetings going on while they continue fishing for something.

It doesn't surprise me you feel that way.

I think all of your curiosity will be relieved soon.

I would recommend you read the text of the opening statement by Taylor, as linked in the OP. It is 15 pages of chilling testimony.

Oh, and your cute cartoon? Justice is what is on the other side of the door. A sitting President cannot be indicted into the Justice system. Instead, the House is charged with holding the President accountable to his oath of office. And that is exactly what is going on.

As soon as the evidence has been gathered it will likely be drafted up into official Articles of Impeachment.

None of that will be secret. Then we will all get to read exactly what the President is charged with.

And I would expect to see Obstruction of the House Impeachment Inquiry as one of those Articles.

As well as the cover-up attempt with the secret server.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Stretch (10-22-2019)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    U.S. Attorney John Durham’s investigation into the intelligence and law enforcement communities' handling of the Russia probe is quietly but steadily expanding
    This so called sham investigation is a real witch hunt.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    The Transcript will soon be released.

Rumppy will be impeached.
    He will be impeached but will he be convicted?

The defense could argue that the security assistance was eventually released without getting what was asked for; and that the security assistance was thus not actually withheld on the conditions imposed by team Giuliani.

That would give Trump devotees all the wiggle room they need to acquit.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (10-22-2019)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    hes's alleging a quid once again,the phone call says otherwise. He is not a neutral witness,he is an Obamatron
    The phone call is not the whole story. More like the tip of the iceberg that is going to sink the Trumptanic.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

All the public will get are cherry-picked soundbites from the Dem inquisition. No transcripts released, no public hearings, no rebuttals, zero transparency so who cares
    what these idiots are doing or saying in secret in the basement. As long as they continue to hide and provide no evidence of what's going on...again who cares?
    They've got nothing worth revealing to us so they'll just keep secret meetings going on while they continue fishing for something.

If you want a real sham investigation, just look at what Bill Barr and John Durham are doing.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Seems the quid pro quo narrative is coming together:

"Diplomat says Ukraine aid was tied to political investigations"
    "A top diplomat to Ukraine on Tuesday told House investigators that he believed the Trump administration withheld aid to Ukraine in an effort to get Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch politically motivated investigations, according to multiple sources familiar with his testimony.
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-...aid-to-ukraine

"Top diplomat's testimony on Ukraine is 'sea change' in impeachment probe"
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...eachment-probe

"William Taylor testifies about deep-seated push for Ukraine quid pro quo"
    "Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the president's lead defender in the room, was tight-lipped as he emerged from the closed-door deposition for a lunch break. He praised what he described as GOP lawyers’ effective questioning of Taylor but declined to say whether it yielded exculpatory information"
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...y-trump-054259

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (10-22-2019)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Vote for what? Nancy hasn’t given them anything to vote for
    It's obvious why you want a fast vote; you don't want people connecting all the dots between Conservatism and Trump. That you know the rot doesn't start and end with Trump, that it's inherent in Conservatism.

Mulvaney, Sessions, Pompeo...these were all Republican Party members long before Trump.

What you don't want is a drawn-out impeachment that entwines your entire belief system in with the corruption.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist