Thread: Gabbard open to 'face-to-face' meeting with Clinton

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Gabbard open to 'face-to-face' meeting with Clinton

Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard on Monday suggested that a "face-to-face" with Hillary Clinton might be an appropriate next step, as both Democratic and Republican politicians, including President Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders, condemned Clinton's unfounded suggestion that the congresswoman is a secret Russian asset.

Speaking to reporters at an Iowa coffee shop, Gabbard, D-Hawaii, lamented that Clinton had pulled out of a planned appearance at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit, where Gabbard is set to speak. Clinton was said to have abandoned the summit to avoid appearing with former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.

"Well, she had something to say about me, and I would have been very happy to have that conversation directly face-to-face with her," Gabbard said.

Earlier Monday, Sanders, I-Vt., joined fellow presidential candidates Andrew Yang, Marianne Williamson and Beto O'Rourke in defending Gabbard.

"Tulsi Gabbard has put her life on the line to defend this country," Sanders tweeted, referring to Gabbard's overseas deployments. "People can disagree on issues, but it is outrageous for anyone to suggest that Tulsi is a foreign asset."
    Asked for her reaction to Sanders' comment, Gabbard said only, "Thank you for speaking the truth."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In addition to suggesting Gabbard was a "Russian asset" in a recent interview, Clinton asserted, also without evidence, that Russians were "grooming her to be the third-party candidate" and spoiler in the 2020 race. Clinton hinted that Gabbard was the "favorite of the Russians."

But, Gabbard reiterated to reporters Monday that she would commit to voting for the Democrats' eventual nominee, and would not run as a third-party candidate.

"I've already said that many times," Gabbard said when asked if she'd stay with the Democrats instead of mounting a third-party bid.

Gabbard acknowledged that she had met with Trump when he was president-elect in order to discuss foreign policy, but insisted the discussions were not about any potential role in his administration. Gabbard also said she hadn't since talked to Trump about foreign policy.

"I was never offered a job," Gabbard said. That was not what is about. I was asked if I wanted to go and speak to the then-president-elect about foreign policy., and that's what I did."
    Also Monday, Trump sounded a note of empathy for Gabbard, saying he had some familiarity with being accused of Russian collaboration without any evidence.

'I said, wait a minute, it took me two-and-a-half years, I wish [Clinton] would have said that earlier because people... have realized she is crazy. She’s crazy," the president told Fox News' Sean Hannity.

"She's accusing everyone of being a Russian agent," Trump told reporters, referring to Clinton. "She's not a Russian agent. These people are sick. There’s something wrong with them."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gab...-russian-asset

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    "She's accusing everyone of being a Russian agent," Trump told reporters, referring to Clinton. "She's not a Russian agent. These people are sick. There’s something wrong with them."[/B]
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gab...-russian-asset
    TDS.
    Tulsi has effectively shut hrc up (for now). No one else has been able to accomplish that. Impressive.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    TDS.
    Tulsi has effectively shut hrc up (for now). No one else has been able to accomplish that. Impressive.
    she'll never, ever shut up but Gabbard makes her look like a bitter loser

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    TDS.
    Tulsi put Shelob back in her lair lol.

Hillary has never taken a shot like that from a fellow democrat. We are witnessing an honest to gosh civil war in the Democrat Party.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anonymoose (10-22-2019), dukkha (10-22-2019)