Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FRB of Atlanta predicts just 1.8% GDP growth for Q3 2019

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default FRB of Atlanta predicts just 1.8% GDP growth for Q3 2019

A far, far cry from the "at least 3%" growth Conservatives promised if their shitty Russia Tax Cut passed.

US gross domestic product is estimated to grow 1.8% in the third quarter, according to the latest estimate released Thursday by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s GDPNow forecasting model. GDP had risen 2.0% in the second quarter, according to the last official estimate by the US Bureau of Economic Analysis. GDP had risen 3.1% in the first quarter.
    https://www.frbatlanta.org/-/media/d...kingSlides.pdf

Q1: 3.1%
    Q2: 2.0%
    Q3: 1.8%

Sensing a pattern?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-21-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    A far, far cry from the "at least 3%" growth Conservatives promised if their shitty Russia Tax Cut passed.

US gross domestic product is estimated to grow 1.8% in the third quarter, according to the latest estimate released Thursday by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s GDPNow forecasting model. GDP had risen 2.0% in the second quarter, according to the last official estimate by the US Bureau of Economic Analysis. GDP had risen 3.1% in the first quarter.

Sensing a pattern?
    Yea the pattern is your data is bull shit.

Here is what the BEA is saying.
    gdp3q18_adv.jpg
    https://www.bea.gov/news/2018/gross-...vance-estimate

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post

Here is what the BEA is saying.
    gdp3q18_adv.jpg
    https://www.bea.gov/news/2018/gross-...vance-estimate
    Your little chart there ends in 2018.

It's 2019.

Try using accurate numbers, not numbers that are 10 1/2 months old and out of date.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

YOU ARE USING A CHART FROM 2018 YOU STUPID FUCK, MY NUMBERS ARE FROM 2019.

KILL YOURSELF.

Or just delete this account and create a new one, since that's probably what you'll do to escape responsibility for being fucking wrong as usual...

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sensing a pattern?
    Yeah, I am; they don't know WTF they are talking about, is "the pattern".

They've only been wrong 9 of the last 9 quarters....

GDP growth will be between 2-3%...which is IDEAL....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Yeah, I am; they don't know WTF they are talking about, is "the pattern".
    They've only been wrong 9 of the last 9 quarters....
    GDP growth will be between 2-3%...which is IDEAL....
    What? Who has been wrong? You guys have been wrong. You're the ones who promised "at least 3% growth" if your shitty tax cut was passed.

Now you're moving the bar and saying 2-3% growth.

Well, GDP growth for Q3 is going to come in around 1.8%.

Where's the 3% growth you all promised back in December 2017? You remember, right? Y'all were saying we'd have 4%, 5% growth in no time. Where is it?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

YOU ARE USING A CHART FROM 2018 YOU STUPID FUCK, MY NUMBERS ARE FROM 2019.

KILL YOURSELF.

Or just delete this account and create a new one, since that's probably what you'll do to escape responsibility for being fucking wrong as usual...
    Ok this one says your FOS.
    united-states-gdp-growth-annual@2x.jpg

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What? Who has been wrong? You guys have been wrong. You're the ones who promised "at least 3% growth" if your shitty tax cut was passed.

Now you're moving the bar and saying 2-3% growth.

Well, GDP growth for Q3 is going to come in around 1.8%.

Where's the 3% growth you all promised back in December 2017? You remember, right? Y'all were saying we'd have 4%, 5% growth in no time. Where is it?
    The Atlanta Fed is NOTORIOUSLY WRONG, even moreso than the CBO...which is hard to do.

IDEAL GROWTH is between 2-3%...steady...easily outpacing inflation, and steady wage growth...IOW..WHAT WE NOW HAVE.

It will CONTINUE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SEE THE AMERICA-HATING LEFT HOPING FOR BAD NEWS FOR AMERICANS...AS USUAL....

De Oppresso Liber

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok this one says your FOS.
    That's annual GDP growth, measured quarter-to-quarter.

And even then, you're still not at 3%.

If you look at just quarterly GDP growth, you'll see last quarter was just 2.0%: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[B]The Atlanta Fed is NOTORIOUSLY WRONG, even moreso than the CBO...which is hard to do.
    Crying about the refs isn't going to suddenly make your shitty tax cut not shitty anymore.

Where's the 3% growth you promised?

IDEAL GROWTH is between 2-3%
    You promised at least 3% growth.

This 2-3% is you moving the goalpost.

Next you'll be saying 1-2% is ideal growth when Q3 GDP comes in below 2%.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[B]The Atlanta Fed is NOTORIOUSLY WRONG, even moreso than the CBO...which is hard to do.
    Let's take a look at who has been wrong...

You all promised at least 3% growth if the tax cut was passed - actual growth for 2018 was just 2.5% and you haven't beaten Obama's best annual or quarterly growth records.

You all promised that the deficit would be reduced - but the deficit is back to $1T.

You all promised that everyone would see at least a $4,000 wage increase - yet wages have remained flat for most workers.

You all promised that the tax cuts would "pay for themselves" with increased economic activity - yet GDP growth is no better than it was during Obama's 2nd term.

You all promised that the tax cuts would create all these new jobs - yet 2018 saw the slowest pace of job growth since 2017, which was the slowest since 2011.

You all promised that the DJIA would reach new heights - yet the DJIA has grown less than 8% in 21 1/2 months, its worst growth since the Great Bush Conservative Recession.

You all promised that companies would bring back jobs - yet BMW, Carrier, Harley Davidson, and others have continued to outsource jobs.

Instead, you've lowered the bar for what is acceptable growth, and you'll lower it again when Q3 2019 GDP growth comes in below 2%.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

SEE THE AMERICA-HATING LEFT HOPING FOR BAD NEWS FOR AMERICANS...AS USUAL....
    We're not hoping for bad news, we just know bad news is coming because Conservatives have never had successful policy in this country. Ever.

15. #14 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Let's take a look at who has been wrong...

You all promised at least 3% growth if the tax cut was passed - actual growth for 2018 was just 2.5% and you haven't beaten Obama's best annual or quarterly growth records.

You all promised that the deficit would be reduced - but the deficit is back to $1T.

You all promised that everyone would see at least a $4,000 wage increase - yet wages have remained flat for most workers.

You all promised that the tax cuts would "pay for themselves" with increased economic activity - yet GDP growth is no better than it was during Obama's 2nd term.

You all promised that the tax cuts would create all these new jobs - yet 2018 saw the slowest pace of job growth since 2017, which was the slowest since 2011.

You all promised that the DJIA would reach new heights - yet the DJIA has grown less than 8% in 21 1/2 months, its worst growth since the Great Bush Conservative Recession.

You all promised that companies would bring back jobs - yet BMW, Carrier, Harley Davidson, and others have continued to outsource jobs.

Instead, you've lowered the bar for what is acceptable growth, and you'll lower it again when Q3 2019 GDP growth comes in below 2%.
    Why do you care? You're a welfare case living in public housing. A nobody with no reason to be concerned.
    You cannot refute the fact the the GDP is growing, you're crying about a few tenths of a percent difference
    between projected numbers and factual numbers. How often are projected numbers for ANYTHING 100% accurate?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-21-2019)

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why do you care? You're a welfare case living in public housing. A nobody with no reason to be concerned.
    You cannot refute the fact the the GDP is growing, you're crying about a few tenths of a percent difference
    between projected numbers and factual numbers. How often are projected numbers for ANYTHING 100% accurate?
    It's CHEERLEADING FOR BAD NEWS = TYPICAL LEFTIST BULLSHIT...

De Oppresso Liber