Thread: Evangelicals: You Need to Stop Believing In Stupid Things

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Have a ball all you nonbelievers. If I am right I gain everything and you lose everything. If you are right you gain nothing and I lose nothing. Seems kind of stupid to burn one bridges before crossing.
    Are you saying, that if you don't believe in the right wing Bible you're a nonbeliever????????????????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (10-21-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    No it's called stupidity. But believe what you want only time will tell and for you it will be too late.
    The Believers think there is a Heaven they will go to. They care not of the Future. They are self-centered and know their Destiny.
    The Modern People know that is irrelevant when it comes to planning for the Future. They not only plan for their children and grandchildren, they plan on continuing the Species for Millenniums to come.

4. #48 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,609 Times in 17,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Dealing with someone who has got limited intelligence, is not very encouraging.
    Your replies are leading me to believe this. I apologize for confusing you.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You decided it wasn't for you so it's now your "mission" to insult us? Answer my question.
    What question? I don't see it as my 'mission' to do other than tell the truth. What's yours?

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Believers think there is a Heaven they will go to. They care not of the Future. They are self-centered and know their Destiny.
    The Modern People know that is irrelevant when it comes to planning for the Future. They not only plan for their children and grandchildren, they plan on continuing the Species for Millenniums to come.
    What do you mean we "care not of the Future"? "self-centered and know their Destiny." WTF? Where the hell did you come up with that shit?
    Do you really think we don't plan for our futures here on earth? Seriously?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    What question? I don't see it as my 'mission' to do other than tell the truth. What's yours?
    Why would I expect a prudent answer from a stupid foreigner, anyway?

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do you mean we "care not of the Future"? "self-centered and know their Destiny." WTF? Where the hell did you come up with that shit?
    Do you really think we don't plan for our futures here on earth? Seriously?
    The Believers think 'God will take care of everything'.
    Modern People know Destiny is in OUR hands.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do you people hate us so? Do we attack you for your non-belief? None of us here start the attacks, yet you're quick to criticize us in our attempts to defend ourselves. And yes, the constant criticism does become annoying enough to promote provocation. Shoot us. We're human.

I try to avoid "discussions" on religion, I tend to keep my thoughts and beliefs to myself. In my observations, I have noticed a few posters here (you know who you are) who are obsessed and arrive only to throw insults. Why are we the target of such animosity?
    1) I personally do not hate you or other Xtians. I'm pretty sure though that those who lightly throw around the word "hate" are the ones harboring that emotion. You might want to look at some of the posts from your fellow Bible-thumpers here. There are literally hundreds of posts from the likes of iewitless, PMP, Stretch, Toxic, CFM, and others who claim to be UberXtians telling ppl they're going to hell, they're horrible lawless terrible sick ppl, etc. Not because of political differences, but religious.

2) I could not care less what religion, or lack of one, anyone in this country follows. I only care that they do not try to force it on others. Unfortunately many Evangelicals feel compelled to do so. Whether it's bothering ppl at home or trying to insert their beliefs into our laws, public schools, and public places -- I don't want any of that. That goes for *any* religion, not just yours.

3) Pointing out that some faiths are attempting to violate the separation of church and state is not hate, personal animosity, or persecution.

4) Ditto for pointing out the hypocrisy of some Xtians claiming that we are an ungodly nation who needs more Bible -- while simultaneously bowing to a deeply-flawed non-Xtian Earthly king.

If you don't like us seeing you like this, don't be like this.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

JqYaqui (10-21-2019), PoliTalker (10-21-2019), Trumpet (10-21-2019)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post

Hearing it from someone who was deeply embedded in the Evangelical culture makes the condemnation of it even more powerful. He's also brilliant which is likely why he cut the phony bible thumpers loose. Everything he says is what we all already know.
    "We condemn evangelicals for backing a pedophile."

Thank you, Mark Schaeffer, a man who has gone from being a conservative Republican to becoming a liberal Democrat. What a brilliant move!

Mark Schaeffer, after the inauguration of President Obama: "How can anyone who loves our country support the Republicans now? Barry Goldwater, William F. Buckley and Ronald Reagan defined the modern conservatism that used to be what the Republican Party I belonged to was about. Today no actual conservative can be a Republican. Reagan would despise today's wholly negative Republican Party."

He is right.

Ronald Reagan would support the impeachment of Donald Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-21-2019)

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Believers think 'God will take care of everything'.
    Modern People know Destiny is in OUR hands.
    God helps those who help themselves. It worked for my parents, it worked for me.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    1) I personally do not hate you or other Xtians. I'm pretty sure though that those who lightly throw around the word "hate" are the ones harboring that emotion. You might want to look at some of the posts from your fellow Bible-thumpers here. There are literally hundreds of posts from the likes of iewitless, PMP, Stretch, Toxic, CFM, and others who claim to be UberXtians telling ppl they're going to hell, they're horrible lawless terrible sick ppl, etc. Not because of political differences, but religious.

2) I could not care less what religion, or lack of one, anyone in this country follows. I only care that they do not try to force it on others. Unfortunately many Evangelicals feel compelled to do so. Whether it's bothering ppl at home or trying to insert their beliefs into our laws, public schools, and public places -- I don't want any of that. That goes for *any* religion, not just yours.

3) Pointing out that some faiths are attempting to violate the separation of church and state is not hate, personal animosity, or persecution.

4) Ditto for pointing out the hypocrisy of some Xtians claiming that we are an ungodly nation who needs more Bible -- while simultaneously bowing to a deeply-flawed non-Xtian Earthly king.

If you don't like us seeing you like this, don't be like this.

1) Obviously, you're observations differ from mine. You seem to think we aren't permitted to defend ourselves from the onslaught of criticism.

2) You "claim" we force it on you? Justify this claim that we force anything on you. Again, believe what you want, I couldn't care less.

3) Show us these attempts. The only attempts I see are the attempts to change things that have been American traditions for years and years. Why have they become so "painful"?

4) It didn't take long for you to go off on a rant, then adding a silly cartoon pointing we worship some golden image.
    How about we count the insults in our exchanges here? Again, why the animosity?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (10-21-2019)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cinnabar,

"We condemn evangelicals for backing a pedophile."

Thank you, Mark Schaeffer, a man who has gone from being a conservative Republican to becoming a liberal Democrat. What a brilliant move!

Mark Schaeffer, after the inauguration of President Obama: "How can anyone who loves our country support the Republicans now? Barry Goldwater, William F. Buckley and Ronald Reagan defined the modern conservatism that used to be what the Republican Party I belonged to was about. Today no actual conservative can be a Republican. Reagan would despise today's wholly negative Republican Party."

He is right.

Ronald Reagan would support the impeachment of Donald Trump.
    Take your impeachment bullshit to the proper threads, there's an assortment of them.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

They enjoy living in their Make-Believe world. I doubt they will change.
    is 61 genders the real world?

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,305 Times in 10,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is their something wrong with practicing my 2nd. Amendment right and that ""We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men"?
    Stupid fuck, that’s the Declaration, not the Constitution.

What a laughable moron!

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Stupid fuck, that’s the Declaration, not the Constitution.

What a laughable moron!

Who said it was the Constitution or the Declaration, dickhead?
    It was a quote you obviously had to look up, wasn't it?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (10-21-2019)