1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    If you actually read all the Ten Commandments, most of them are pretty stupid. And the teachings of Jesus are way to pacifist, when they're even consistent at all.

But religion is more than just the philosophy, it's believing the mythology is literally real.
    I disagree.

The ones that pertain to how to treat God are meaningful only to those who are believers, but they are the minority. More of them pertain to how to treat other people, and all of those make a sensible guide for interaction in society.

Most of the Ten are actually very smart.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Somehow the teaching lessons they give to women in restaurants saves them money. They cheat a worker and walk away feeling proud, instead of feeling cheap. Such delusion.
    It's just more of the typical Reichwing hypocrisy regarding life. They claim to love fetuses but don't want to spend a dime after birth to their survival, whether it's through taxation or just being cheapass bastards at a restaurant.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Banning the perverted right wing Bible, and reestablishing the real Bible, which is based on humanity and not right wing ideology, would be very beneficial to mankind, you Turkey.
    where can I get a real bible?

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's just more of the typical Reichwing hypocrisy regarding life. They claim to love fetuses but don't want to spend a dime after birth to their survival, whether it's through taxation or just being cheapass bastards at a restaurant.
    I bet they're more generous than you. compulsory charity is robbery.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello CO,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Wrong. You claimed to be a witch. Yes, I laugh at self-proclaimed witches. I've known a few over the years.
    Well Trump must be one because he keeps claiming that efforts to bring him to justice are a 'witch' hunt.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes. That's another one the Christian Jihadis fought for. I remember when that was added as part of the 'brain washing' promoted by Christian Sharia groups.

"1954,
    The phrase "under God" was incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance on June 14, 1954, by a Joint Resolution of Congress amending § 4 of the Flag Code enacted in 1942.
    Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia"
    IIRC, the "God" stuff was added to currency and the pledge during the McCarthy/Hoover commie witch hunt years. The commies were said to be "godless" so we added the religious claptrap to our currency and pledge in order to show them that god is on our side, not theirs.

BTW Kuwaiti paper currency mentions God/Allah. So yeah, we're just like the Muslims! lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    RB60: "I am saddened that having that printed on our currency is so repulsive. I hope you die from it." (Post #83)

See. Our Christian Friends say: "Jesus is Pure Love ... and if you don't believe me, I WILL KILL YOU!!!"

As our forefathers found out (the hard way), it's better if the Government stays out of 'Religion'.
    Isn't it interesting how I argue that some Xtians are not doing a very good job of representing, and the very person I am discussing this with PROVES it with that comment to you about hoping you die?

8. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I have known atheists who follow more of the Ten Commandments than some pseudo Christians do.
    How true. Some of the most trusted and ethical ppl I know are atheist.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-22-2019)

10. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Not if you like heat, weeping, and gnashing of teeth.
    That could be fun. As long as they have a 'Safe Word', I might be up for it.

11. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

What did I tell you?
    "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and hope."
    ....Jerimiah 29:11

12. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    In 1956? Then why weren't "your kind" bitching back then? Why are you now, all of a sudden, so "insulted'?
    As said, you are now "insulted" by our Pledge, our National Anthem, men in their proper bathrooms and Christians in general.
    Why do you wish to destroy the greatest country on earth?
    hahahaha ... take another drink of the Jesus Kool-Aid, RB.

13. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Here's a lovely example of some of our fundie evangelists at work. Talk about being assholes in restaurants.
    ~~~
    No tip, only a condescending note from deplorable, Trump loving Christians.

The story is a familiar one – obnoxious, self-righteous Christians refusing to tip their server, and instead using the opportunity to deliver an unwanted religious message.

A South Carolina waitress was abused earlier this week by conservative Christians who refused to leave a tip, but instead left a note on a napkin telling her that she should be at home and not working, and even suggesting the woman’s husband was cheating on her while she is on the job.

As one might expect, the Christian couple cited the Bible to justify their mean-spirited and ugly rant.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...is-in-the-home
    What a horrible thing to do.

I can understand why it is crumpled up.

I don't go out much because it is expensive, but I do enjoy it and allow myself to do that from time to time.

When I do, I tip GOOD.

Those people are working their butts off. What a tough job. And to have to put up with all the creeps, drunks and jerks means they are earning their income ten times over.

And another thing.

If you EVER go out and hear some live music, you are MORALLY OBLIGATED to tip the musicians, and tip them well. You wanna talk about a tough job? It may look like a piece of cake. Oh just get up there and sing a song. No. That's only the final presentation of a LOT OF WORK that you never see. Aside from hauling all the gear, setting up and tearing down, there is a lot of practice to get the presentation down, get it just right, so it can be ready for performance. Not to mention that there is a lot of expensive gear to buy and learn how to use. This is a job that pays maybe $200 a session. And good luck getting gigs that don't require sucking down a bunch of cigarette smoke. The reason you don't see many full bands any more is because the bar is only going to pay the $200 (if the musicians are lucky), no matter how many people are in the band. That's why you see so many solo acts these days. Generally a band makes no money at all after expenses. They only do it because they love the music and enjoy that one part of it, the being up there and getting the crowd going.

Somebody would have to play solo 5 nights a week at $200 to earn a $1000 a week. And out of that they must pay for equipment. And then you add in all the practice time to perfect the sound and you understand why most of the people you will see performing at a bar or restaurant have day jobs because music is nothing anybody can live on. The only musicians who do well are the touring big name acts. And then, only the big name personalities are doing well. Everybody else on the stage and back stage is basically just scraping by.

And touring is no bed of roses, either. Ever wonder why all those celebs have such a hard time staying married? Try living your life on the road, being away all the time, the road taking it's toll on you, a different hotel every night, traveling all the time, eating out for every meal, never knowing what to expect. No normalcy, no regular friends, no social activities, no home to come home to every night, no favorite comfy bed, nor pillow. Heck. Just trying to get good sleep in a hotel is a challenge between noisy neighbors and not having reliable settings on the AC and the usual blanket/covers to make sure you don't wake up hours later either too hot or too cold.

Bottom line. Tip your servers and musicians well or don't go out.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-22-2019)

15. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

IIRC, the "God" stuff was added to currency and the pledge during the McCarthy/Hoover commie witch hunt years. The commies were said to be "godless" so we added the religious claptrap to our currency and pledge in order to show them that god is on our side, not theirs.

BTW Kuwaiti paper currency mentions God/Allah. So yeah, we're just like the Muslims! lol
    Owl: "The commies were said to be "godless" so we added the religious claptrap to our currency and pledge ..."
    Jack: 'We'? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

16. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

This is true Rehnquist Reichquest Evangelical economics of SCOTUS Christiananality pedophilia.

17. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Priceless...if Poli only knew