Thread: And yes, Tulsi is pissed

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KBR_(company)

KBR, Inc. (formerly Kellogg Brown & Root) is an American engineering, procurement, and construction company, formerly a subsidiary of Halliburton. After Halliburton acquired Dresser Industries in 1998, Dresser's engineering subsidiary, the M. W. Kellogg Co., was merged with Halliburton's construction subsidiary, Brown & Root, to form Kellogg Brown & Root. KBR and its predecessors have received many contracts with the U.S. military including during World War II, the Vietnam War, and the Iraq War. Democratic Congressman Lyndon B. Johnson, later President of the United States, was instrumental in providing government contracts for Brown & Root, in exchange for the company funding his campaigns and otherwise providing money to him.
    just in time to lie this nation to war in the middle east

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    The company has been involved in numerous controversies, including its involvement with Dick Cheney – as U.S. Secretary of Defense, then CEO of the company, then Vice President of the United States – and the Iraq War, and the Deepwater Horizon, for which it agreed to settle outstanding legal claims against it by paying litigants $1.1 billion.
    KBR, one of Halliburton's subsidiaries at the time, paid bribes to high-ranking Nigerian officials between 1994 and 2004. Under a deal reached with the U.S. Justice Department, Halliburton has agreed to pay $382 million to settle the bribery case.[12]

this

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    There is no religious left culture, period.
    Thankfully. Hopefully one day we'll be able to eliminate religion altogether.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Advancing Stem Cell Research In Ethical, Responsible Ways
    Research Has Justified President Bush’s Commitment To Support Responsible Research On Pluripotent Stem Cells

President Bush’s Balanced Stem Cell Policies Are Helping Advance Science And Ethics Together

In 2001, President Bush announced a balanced approach to stem cell research that would allow Federal funding for research using existing embryonic stem cell lines. This policy allowed the Federal government to support research on dozens of existing stem cell lines without sanctioning or encouraging the destruction of additional human embryos.

President Bush is the first President to provide Federal funding for human embryonic stem cell research. Since 2001, the Administration has made more than $170 million available for research on stem cell lines derived from human embryos that had already been destroyed. In addition, the Administration has provided nearly $3.7 billion for research on all forms of stem cells, including those from adult and other non-embryonic sources.

The President opposes any attempt to compel American taxpayers to pay for research that relies on the intentional destruction of human embryos. He believes that by enacting appropriate policy safeguards while encouraging the development of new scientific techniques, it is possible to advance science and medicine without violating moral principles.

President Bush has encouraged scientific advancement of stem cell research within ethical boundaries by avoiding techniques that destroy life, while vigorously supporting alternative approaches. Research indicates that pluripotent stem cells – those that have the potential to develop into nearly all the cell types and tissues in the body – can be derived without using or harming embryos. The President has long supported these non-embryonic techniques, and there has been exciting progress over the past couple of years:

In November 2007, several new studies showed the potential of reprogramming adult cells, such as skin cells, to make them function like embryonic stem cells.
    Since then, researchers have increasingly used these ethically uncontroversial cells in the same kinds of research for which embryonic stem cells had been used, and numerous published studies have now shown their usefulness.
    As of October 2008, it is estimated that more than 800 labs are now using these new uncontroversial cells.
    The President has acted to strengthen our Nation’s commitment to conduct research on pluripotent stem cells. In June 2007, he signed an Executive Order to expand support for these non-destructive research methods and make it more likely that exciting advances in this area will continue. The Order:

Invited scientists to work with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to add new ethically derived, human pluripotent stem cell lines to the list of those eligible for Federal funding.
    Directed the Department of Health and Human Services and the NIH to ensure that any human pluripotent stem cell lines produced in ways that do not create, destroy, or harm human embryos will be eligible for Federal funding.
    Expanded the NIH’s Embryonic Stem Cell Registry to include all types of ethically produced human pluripotent stem cells. The NIH is planning to add to the Registry new pluripotent stem cell lines that are not derived from embryos.
    Renamed the registry the Pluripotent Stem Cell Registry – so that it reflects what the stem cells can do, instead of where they come from.
    In September 2007, the NIH implemented the President’s Executive Order. The plan contained a number of new or accelerated activities, including two fresh funding streams to stimulate research on human pluripotent stem cells derived from non-embryonic sources:

The NIH Stem Cell Task Force developed a pair of program announcements to solicit grant applications for research on human pluripotent stem cells derived from non-embryonic sources.
    In addition, the Stem Cell Task Force developed another funding opportunity to rapidly stimulate research in human pluripotent stem cells from non-embryonic sources. This initiative awarded additional funding to NIH-supported researchers already working in stem cell research to supplement certain areas of their work that are of particular interest to NIH."

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...stemcells.html
    He did that as part of a compromise with Democrats after trying to eliminate funding didn't work. Notice how this is calling it a "balanced" approach.

I will give Bush credit, though. Unlike Trump, he was willing to compromise with Democrats.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-20-2019)

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Left (democrats) defended the 9/11 attacks against America by Muslims as justified jihad. They defend giving Muslim Iran a path to nuclear weapons. They defend the Muslim Palestinian claim to the land of Israel. They defend the Muslim slaughter of Christians in the ME. They defend Ilhan's and Tlaib's Muslim anti Jew remarks. They defend the Muslim killing of homosexuals, repression of women's rights, and Sharia law in Afghanistan.
    Which Democrats defended 9/11 and said that the terrorists were justified?
    Yes, if Israel has nukes, so should Iran.
    Which Democrats think Palestinians should own all of Israel? At best, Democrats believe Palestinians should have a country, which is a pretty fair and moderate position.
    What Anti-Jew remarks did Omar and Tlaib make? I remember Omar saying that Israeli lobbyists control our foreign policy, which is 100% true, and all of the other Democrats made her apologize. If anything, this shows that the DNC is Pro-Jew.
    Which Democrats defend persecution of gays and oppression of women?

They condemn Christianity (except for Blacks) and scream for more Muslim immigration.
    Which Leftists condemn Christianity?

Before you use me as an example, I condemn ALL religion.

If there is no religious Left, then the term religious right is meaningless as there is no contrast.. Why don't you use the term Christian extremism? ... it is because you are a democrat political hack, and you don't want to include Blacks in your condemnation of Christianity.
    "The Religious Right" refers to a culture on the Right of mixing religion and politics. The contrast is with other Conservatives, who don't do this.
    Personally, I use the term "extremism" to refer to terrorists. And I have used the term Christian extremism to refer to Christian terrorists in Africa. Since you make everything about race, I want to make a point of saying these terrorists are BLACK.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

After 181 Years of No Hats in Congress, Dems Eye Exception for Religious Garb
    Ilhan Omar will become the first federal legislator to wear a religious headscarf

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...garb-exception

The religious Left.
    Omar doesn't mix politics with her religion. You don't hear her condemning gays or trannies because Allah thinks they're icky.

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    I asked you to back up your comment, I would like to know where I said anything about killing him and his family.
    You got your answer fool........ Stop bitching & whining & learn to use the quote function.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    why do right wingers come to the defense of Tulsi?
    Because she is attacking Hillary and Democratic "rot."

11. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

So what what does that have to do with Trump being impeached and cruelly and unusually executed for massive corruption?

12. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You got your answer fool........ Stop bitching & whining & learn to use the quote function.........
    Funny , if you can't back your shit up don't respond with shit that is obviously bullshit. This isn't that complicated . One more timer show me where I said anything about killing anyone and their family.

13. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Funny , if you can't back your shit up don't respond with shit that is obviously bullshit. This isn't that complicated . One more timer show me where I said anything about killing anyone and their family.
    Fuck off!!!!...

Cry me a river while you wait.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 130 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Fuck off!!!!...

Cry me a river while you wait.........

15. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

How,is your crusade to get me banned coming a long?

16. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Tulsi is a "Vaishnava"

"Hare Krishna" is two-words of a well known old-school Sanskrit mantra.

Tulsi is not formally a Hare Krishna. She is a Vaishnava Hindu.

Saying a Hindu person is a Hare Krishna is like saying a Christian is an "Our Father".

As in Hinduism in India, the Hare Krishna's don't have a central headquarters, just an affiliation of separate temple ashrams.

BTW, SHE'S SO GOOD LOOKING BECAUSE SHE'S A VEGETARIAN, THUS,
    SHE KNOWS HOW TO REDUCE VIOLENCE.

PS: MAGA!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhaktajan For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2019), dukkha (10-20-2019)