1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Real Republican John Kasich calls for impeachment

Former Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he's now for impeaching Trump

CNN)Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich said President Donald Trump should be impeached, a major switch for a former Republican presidential candidate who had previously said there was not enough evidence to impeach the President.

Kasich, who's a CNN senior political commentator, told CNN's Ana Cabrera Friday the "final straw" for him was White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's Thursday admission that military aid was withheld from Ukraine in order to pressure that country for investigations into Democrats.

"But if you are asking me if I was sitting in the House of Representatives today and you were to ask me how do I feel, do I think impeachment should move forward and should go for a full examination and a trial in the United States Senate, my vote would be yes." Kasich said on CNN's "Newsroom."

Kaisch's support for impeachment breaks with his party's overall stance. While he did not directly call for Trump's removal from office, stating he would need see to the articles of impeachment before making that decision, his statements make Kasich one of the few high profile Republicans who have agreed with Democrats that Trump should impeached.

Kasich had previously said in interviews that he did not think Trump shoud be impeached because he didn't see a clear quid pro quo.
    "In reading that transcript, I did not see a clear quid pro quo," Kasich said in an October 8 interview on "CNN Tonight."

"If you have an impeachment that doesn't bring the Republicans along, and this is done strictly along party line votes, this is going to end up not helping this country," he added

The Ohio Republican said the events of Thursday afternoon -- Mulvaney's admission of a quid pro quo and the announcement of the resignation of Energy Secretary Rick Perry chief among them -- caused him to rethink his stance.
    "The last 24 hours have really forced me to review this," Kasich said.

At a news conference, Mulvaney confirmed that Trump froze nearly $400 million in US security aid to Ukraine in part to pressure that country into investigating Democrats. He then attempted to claim that he did not admit to the quid pro quo a few hours later. This change in narrative, said Kasich, left him "uneasy."
    "When I look at all the information that is coming to us, and all the craziness that is surrounding the operation of the White House, now the resignation sometime this year of Secretary Perry and his involvement, it just goes on and on and on and on."

"I fought with people on the air about 'Is there a quid-pro-quo?' and 'Does this rise to the level of impeachment?' I now believe that it does," he continued. "At this point, there is a big cloud and I think it has to be cleared."

While he admitted that it was "extremely difficult" for him to publicly announce support for impeachment, he called on other Republicans to do the same, saying he believes Republicans "should at least be calling for an inquiry."

"If Barack Obama had been doing something like this, Republicans would be going crazy," he claimed. "Now it's their own guy doing it. What's fair is fair."
    Kasich urged Republicans to "look at yourself and say, 'What do we expect out of the President? How do we expect the President to conduct foreign policy? Are there some lines that simply cannot be crossed?"

"It is very difficult for a Republican to come out and say anything like this because they're going to get attacked at home. ...You gotta be willing to take the heat, frankly," he said.

Kasich did echo another party line in the interview, calling for Democrats in the House to vote to formalize an "open" and "clear" impeachment inquiry in order "to get all the facts out there so that people can understand what's at risk."
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

How much more can they choose to ignore?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Trumpet (10-18-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Former Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he's now for impeaching Trump

CNN)Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich said President Donald Trump should be impeached, a major switch for a former Republican presidential candidate who had previously said there was not enough evidence to impeach the President.

Kasich, who's a CNN senior political commentator, told CNN's Ana Cabrera Friday the "final straw" for him was White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's Thursday admission that military aid was withheld from Ukraine in order to pressure that country for investigations into Democrats.

"But if you are asking me if I was sitting in the House of Representatives today and you were to ask me how do I feel, do I think impeachment should move forward and should go for a full examination and a trial in the United States Senate, my vote would be yes." Kasich said on CNN's "Newsroom."

Kaisch's support for impeachment breaks with his party's overall stance. While he did not directly call for Trump's removal from office, stating he would need see to the articles of impeachment before making that decision, his statements make Kasich one of the few high profile Republicans who have agreed with Democrats that Trump should impeached.

Kasich had previously said in interviews that he did not think Trump shoud be impeached because he didn't see a clear quid pro quo.
    "In reading that transcript, I did not see a clear quid pro quo," Kasich said in an October 8 interview on "CNN Tonight."

"If you have an impeachment that doesn't bring the Republicans along, and this is done strictly along party line votes, this is going to end up not helping this country," he added

The Ohio Republican said the events of Thursday afternoon -- Mulvaney's admission of a quid pro quo and the announcement of the resignation of Energy Secretary Rick Perry chief among them -- caused him to rethink his stance.
    "The last 24 hours have really forced me to review this," Kasich said.

At a news conference, Mulvaney confirmed that Trump froze nearly $400 million in US security aid to Ukraine in part to pressure that country into investigating Democrats. He then attempted to claim that he did not admit to the quid pro quo a few hours later. This change in narrative, said Kasich, left him "uneasy."
    "When I look at all the information that is coming to us, and all the craziness that is surrounding the operation of the White House, now the resignation sometime this year of Secretary Perry and his involvement, it just goes on and on and on and on."

"I fought with people on the air about 'Is there a quid-pro-quo?' and 'Does this rise to the level of impeachment?' I now believe that it does," he continued. "At this point, there is a big cloud and I think it has to be cleared."

While he admitted that it was "extremely difficult" for him to publicly announce support for impeachment, he called on other Republicans to do the same, saying he believes Republicans "should at least be calling for an inquiry."

"If Barack Obama had been doing something like this, Republicans would be going crazy," he claimed. "Now it's their own guy doing it. What's fair is fair."
    Kasich urged Republicans to "look at yourself and say, 'What do we expect out of the President? How do we expect the President to conduct foreign policy? Are there some lines that simply cannot be crossed?"

"It is very difficult for a Republican to come out and say anything like this because they're going to get attacked at home. ...You gotta be willing to take the heat, frankly," he said.

Kasich did echo another party line in the interview, calling for Democrats in the House to vote to formalize an "open" and "clear" impeachment inquiry in order "to get all the facts out there so that people can understand what's at risk."
    About time people started having this realization. I didn't think we had enough before either but this act of Trump's was beyond out of bounds. It is something that normally would be political suicide outside the current political madness.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-18-2019), Trumpet (10-19-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kasich has been in favor of impeachment since the Republican convention of 2016........held in his state while governor, though he refused to participate because he was butthurt only 5% of Republicans voted for him.......

his message to the GOP, "if you don't want me, I don't want you".......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (10-19-2019)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (10-18-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

Governor Kasich is obviously part of the Deep State

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-18-2019), Trumpet (10-18-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Governor Kasich is obviously part of the Sheep State
    he is.........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    How much more can they choose to ignore?
    Do you ever get the feeling that most Republican politicians pay attention only to the most unhinged and vocal minority?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Cat Lady For This Post:

Jack (10-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-18-2019), Trumpet (10-18-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    he is.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

nobody cares.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

16. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (10-19-2019)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

What exactly is a "real republican?"

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,007 Times in 25,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that most Republican politicians pay attention only to the most unhinged and vocal minority?
    Every. Single. Day.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kasich is VERY popular in Ohio, not good news at all for Trump or down-ballot republicans

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201901...ting-governors

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-18-2019), Trumpet (10-19-2019)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Kasich is VERY popular in Ohio, not good news at all for Trump or down-ballot republicans

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201901...ting-governors
    Your desperation is appalling RG.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Kasich never got over Trump winning the 2016 election

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Kasich never got over Trump winning the 2016 election
    Always something personal, same bs w/ Romney & the others, nothing to do w/ the chaos, insanity etc etc etc.