Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NO Quid Pro Quo...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Color is relevant HOW to this discussion? Skin or otherwise.
    Same way it was the only factor when it came to your votes in 2008 and 2012. Why was it relevant then and not now, boy?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

MULVANEY QUID PRO QUO'D ALL OVER HIMSELF and TRUMP YESTERDAY and then told us to GET OVER IT! Helllllooooo! I was driving down the road listening on Sirus going WTF. What the hell is Trump's IMPEACHMENT lawyers thinking and by extension (shouldn't be, but in this admin inextricably linked) the JUSTICE DEPT thinking right now? Soooo I get home and 'turn on the TV' and this is what they were thinking...

Trump's legal team is reportedly 'stunned' after Mick Mulvaney admitted to a quid pro quo

October 17, 2019

Alex Wong/Getty Images

Maybe there's a reason Mick Mulvaney's gig never went full time. The acting White House chief of staff admitted on Thursday the Trump administration had engaged in a quid pro quo with Ukraine, withholding aid from the country until its role in the 2016 DNC email hack was further investigated. But the rest of the Trump administration isn't being so forthcoming, with Justice Department officials brushing off possible roles in the exchange entirely.
    "If the White House was withholding aid in regards to the cooperation of any investigation at the Department of Justice, that is news to us," a senior DOJ official Thursday. This comes after another DOJ official they "have no idea what [Mulvaney] is talking about."

But over on President Trump's personal legal team, things aren't going so well. "I think people are a bit stunned," one person familiar with the team's thinking . Another source called Mulvaney's briefing "not helpful," Trump's top attorney Jay Sekulow, meanwhile, "the legal team was not involved in the acting chief of staff's press briefing."

Mulvaney's shocking comments were briefly characterized as taking the impeachment inquiry "from very, very bad to much, much worse," House Intelligence Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Thursday. After all, "no quid pro quo" has been Trump's simple defense from the day his call with Ukraine's president was first made public. Kathryn Krawczyk

No problem. Just print up some T Shirts that say: "Get over it" and have a few chants at a rally - all fixed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

AND PENCE!
    I think that is wishful thinking.

It would be amazing enough to get enough of the Senate to vote to convict Trump.

Trying to sweep Pence out with the same broom is asking too much of the broom.

No mention is being made in the mainstream media about impeaching Pence.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-20-2019)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    No way Dems will formally impeach. Why would they want to give all
    the power and control to McConnell and Senate? They just want to
    keep the informal soap opera alive.
    They're content to stick with their secret meetings in the basement
    and unreleased transcripts to the public. This has become their campaign.
    They have nothing else.
    Premature conclusion.

The House is currently building their case.

We are just going to have to wait to see what's in it.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

I love the idea that Schiff and Nancy are one foot in front of the other, subpoenas, requests, gathering docs, scheduling, interviewing, methodically, LEGALLY. Then more subpoenas, more requests, more interviews--'rinse and repeat, as necessary. And TRUMP is left pissing all over himself with only his Twitter finger to give him any sense of control.
    Totally agreed.

They've got a big one on the line and they know how to boat a fish.

One big frantic lunge is not going to do it. They know they have to follow the tried and true process. Trump is being worn down. So are his supporters.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    Did he?

actually yes he did say that there was a quid pro quo but this is something educated people know so you need to go back in your mother's basement

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Stretch,

Premature conclusion.

The House is currently building their case.

We are just going to have to wait to see what's in it.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There it is boys and girls............They still have to find something impeachable and BUILD A CASE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! Idiots!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (10-20-2019)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

How can there be a qpq if the Ukraine didn't even know there was money to be had?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (10-20-2019)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There it is boys and girls............They still have to find something impeachable and BUILD A CASE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! Idiots!
    It probably works to Dems advantage to have you underestimate them.

The impeachable offense is anything the House says it is, OK?

It's a political process. And it never needs to convince the die-hard Republicans who showed how little morals they have when they fell in line behind Trump. No, those die-hard always-Republican-no-matter-what people would never be convinced any Republican could do any wrong.

All we have to convince is the middle.

I think there should be a few million new T shirts and bumper stickers that say:

"What if HILLARY did that?"

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Stretch (10-20-2019)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

“House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Friday defended acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney amid backlash over his remarks suggesting that Ukraine aid was connected to the president’s call for the country to launch a probe into Democrats.

McCarthy noted during a press conference that Mulvaney sought to walk back his remarks later in the day on Thursday, arguing the White House official "clarified his statement" and that he "takes Mick Mulvaney at his word for his clarification."

“I think Mick was very clear in cleaning up the statement, that there was no quid pro quo. Everybody has been investigated states, but more importantly, you have the transcript the proof,” the House GOP leader told reporters on Friday.”
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...o-quo-comments

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hello Stretch,

It's a political process.
    And it never needs to convince the die-hard Republicans who showed how little morals they have when they fell in line behind Trump. No, those die-hard always-Republican-no-matter-what people would never be convinced any Republican could do any wrong.

I think there should be a few million new T shirts and bumper stickers that say:

there has to be a "high crime and misdemeanor"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (10-20-2019)

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

It's a political process. And it never needs to convince the die-hard Republicans who showed how little morals they have when they fell in line behind Trump. No, those die-hard always-Republican-no-matter-what people would never be convinced any Republican could do any wrong.

The conviction is anything that the Senate says and you and I and the entire US knows there will be no conviction.

This is a political witch-hunt to affect the 2020 elections.

It will not succeed.

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    there has to be a "high crime and misdemeanor"
    There already has been.

You don't use the power of the office to pressure a foreign entity to aid you in an election by getting political dirt on a political rival.

That's why the new slogan needs to be

"What If Hillary Did That?"

Few Trump fans could honestly answer they would NOT want her impeached for that.

But then, that would be asking for honesty.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Stretch (10-20-2019)