Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: And The Last Trump Sign Quietly Vanished.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder if he'll report when they replace their signs with 2020 signs or if he'll just pretend he's made some sort of point here.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

They took some pict & a small video of a lone player playing for the ppl walking the El Camino...
    the the road? el camino means "the road"...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Look up ....Community Reinvestment Act . The Government made them do it .
    You look it up. Preferably some place that deals with reality. The CRA encouraged. It didn't force. It mandated "safe and sane" lending practices. It was the banks that went totally nuts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello rjhenn,

Wow. The 4th quarter is usually supposed to be strong, with the holiday spending factored in. That doesn't sound very good.
    But the Trumptards will just bury their heads deeper in the sand, or up their rectums.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-23-2019)

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I wonder if he'll report when they replace their signs with 2020 signs or if he'll just pretend he's made some sort of point here.
    Trump will have to survive impeachment first.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Wow, how big is the pantheon??
    I will not bore you with the details, but one of my threads keeps a running tally of sorts.
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...sian-book-club

All I can say is that after reading a tome by Dostoyevsky, I have to give my brain a break and segue into some comic books!

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Well of course anybody can put anything on the internet.

And I am not about to give up my anonymity to back up my story just because somebody mocked it.

So you have to take it on face value.

I do strive to maintain a good rep for straight up honest posting, so there's that, fwiw.

But then I have to ask myself.

Why should I jump through hoops for somebody who speaks of me in the third person when I'm right here?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

A new Trump sign appeared in the neighborhood. Alongside it, a hand-scrawled sign also read: "You loot, we shoot."

For every house with a Trump sign, there are easily 100 without one. I would be fearful to put up a Biden sign myself now, since Trump supporters have talked about shooting. I don't want my property vandalized. Last time I had a sign was an Obama sign. It was stolen in the dark of night. So much for freedom of speech.

I may disagree with Trump voters but I would never consider violating their 1st Amendment rights by stealing their signs. I am glad they have the freedom to express themselves. I wish I felt that free right now, but I do not. Some of these deplorable Trump fans can be intimidating. I don't want trouble. I just want what's right for America. DT ain't it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Modern political organizing says signs do not work and a candidate should not waste money on them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-06-2020)

12. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

I live in a mixed neighborhood. We have seen political signs supporting both parties.

During the 2016 election campaign season several properties displayed Trump signs.

And even after the election, proud of what they supported, several Trump signs remained.

For months, even as his approval plummeted and the disturbing news oozed out of the White House like automotive fluids from a bad wreck, a few of the signs remained.

Some even stayed up for years. The neighbors here are mostly nice. None of the signs were vandalized.

One by one, the signs disappeared, until only one remained.

That has ended.

As news of the impeachment inquiry has dominated politics, the last Trump sign quietly vanished.

Looks like people are beginning to be over it. The pride is gone.

At last!
    Hi Politalker,

I live in a very liberal area, and I won't put up a Trump sign or bumper sticker. Because I am concerned that my property will be vandalized.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-06-2020)

14. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

is Polyboy admitting to stealing campaign signs?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I think more are supporting him than ever before....we shall see.....
    The are Definitely cracks in the Dems....on that we agree
    You guys don't even live in reality.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-05-2020), PoliTalker (06-06-2020)

17. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Modern political organizing says signs do not work and a candidate should not waste money on them.
    We shall see about that. The only signs I see anywhere are almost all Trump signs. I am a strong Biden supporter but I would not feel safe having a Biden sign. I did feel safe with my Obama/Biden signs, but times have changed. Hatred has been inflamed.

18. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Hi Politalker,

I live in a very liberal area, and I won't put up a Trump sign or bumper sticker. Because I am concerned that my property will be vandalized.
    That's too bad you feel like that. I don't doubt your feelings. Our current leader has driven us further apart and increased hatred. As General Mattis said, and he was correct, this is the first president in our lives who has not only failed to try to unite us, but has actually purposely driven us further apart. And the sad part is that there are enough foolish people who share his hatred and give him the power to do that.

I remember his acceptance speech, when he tried to sound like previous presidents and talked about bringing the country together and being a president of all Americans. What BS. Empty promises. Lies again. That was the last time we heard anything like that. Now it is clear that was just an act, just DT pretending to sound presidential, before he figured out how he wanted to act as president. Of course he was as surprised as anybody was when he won, probably had no acceptance speech prepared, so he was just mimicking previous presidents. Too bad he didn't mean what he said. Very bad for our country that he was lying as usual.

If you are afraid of liberal retribution for placing a Trump sign in your lawn, that is Trump's fault, not that of liberals. DT is our leader. That condition of such division in our country is the product of bad leadership. We know where the blame lies for our current state of very bad leadership.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 06-07-2020 at 09:08 AM.

19. #165 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Hello Sirthinksalot,

That's too bad you feel like that. I don't doubt your feelings. I current leader has driven us further apart and increased hatred. As General Mattis said, and he was correct, this is the first president in our lives who has not only failed to try to unite us, but has actually purposely driven us further apart. And the sad part is that there are enough foolish people who share his hatred and give him the power to do that.

I remember his acceptance speech, when he tried to sound like previous presidents and talked about bringing the country together and being a president of all Americans. What BS. Empty promises. Lies again. That was the last time we heard anything like that. Now it is clear that was just an act, just DT pretending to sound presidential, before he figured out how he wanted to act as president. Of course he was as surprised as anybody was when he won, probably had no acceptance speech prepared, so he was just mimicking previous presidents. Too bad he didn't mean what he said. Very bad for our country that he was lying as usual.

If you are afraid of liberal retribution for placing a Trump sign in your lawn that is Trump's fault, not that of liberals. DT is our leader. That condition of such division is a product of bad leadership. We know where the blame lies for our current state of very bad leadership[.
    It's assholes like you who are dividing our great country.
    You keep crying about Trump, but we survived 8 years of Obama, you'll survive 8 years of Trump...unless you hang yourself (which is a recommendation of us Americans)
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.