Thread: Enemies of the people

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Enemies of the people

The Australian embassy will investigate an apparent assault by the US police against two Aussie journalists.

A crew working for the outlet 7News was targeted while reporting on a demonstration in the US capital. Correspondent Amelia Brace and cameraman Tim Myers were battered as the police cleared a protesting crowd, footage of the incident showed. Brace was hit with a baton, while Myers was attacked with a riot shield.

"We have asked the Australian embassy to investigate this incident," Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne said on Tuesday, as Prime Minister Scott Morrison demanded an investigation into the alleged assault.

https://www.rt.com/news/490497-austr...ed-washington/

In Washington, DC a riot police officer charged his shield at a BBC cameraman.

The cameraman was "clearly identifiable as a member of the media", said the BBC's Americas bureau chief Paul Danahar. "The team had been following all directions from the police as they covered the protests in front of the White House. The assault took place even before the curfew had been imposed and happened without warning or provocation".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52880970

Wall Street Journal reporter Tyler Blint-Welsh said he was hit in the face multiple times by police using riot shields and then pushed to the ground.

“I was backing away as requested with my hands up,” he wrote. “My NYPD-issued press badge was clearly visible.”

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/dozen...loyd-protests/

Your plan is working, Mr President! Soon everyone will know “the Lamestream Media is doing everything in their power to foment hatred and anarchy”.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Charoite (06-07-2020), PoliTalker (06-07-2020), ThatOwlWoman (06-07-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tranquillus in Exile,

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The Australian embassy will investigate an apparent assault by the US police against two Aussie journalists.

A crew working for the outlet 7News was targeted while reporting on a demonstration in the US capital. Correspondent Amelia Brace and cameraman Tim Myers were battered as the police cleared a protesting crowd, footage of the incident showed. Brace was hit with a baton, while Myers was attacked with a riot shield.

"We have asked the Australian embassy to investigate this incident," Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne said on Tuesday, as Prime Minister Scott Morrison demanded an investigation into the alleged assault.

https://www.rt.com/news/490497-austr...ed-washington/

In Washington, DC a riot police officer charged his shield at a BBC cameraman.

The cameraman was "clearly identifiable as a member of the media", said the BBC's Americas bureau chief Paul Danahar. "The team had been following all directions from the police as they covered the protests in front of the White House. The assault took place even before the curfew had been imposed and happened without warning or provocation".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52880970

Wall Street Journal reporter Tyler Blint-Welsh said he was hit in the face multiple times by police using riot shields and then pushed to the ground.

“I was backing away as requested with my hands up,” he wrote. “My NYPD-issued press badge was clearly visible.”

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/dozen...loyd-protests/

Your plan is working, Mr President! Soon everyone will know “the Lamestream Media is doing everything in their power to foment hatred and anarchy”.
    DT only cares about the 2nd Amendment, not the 1st.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, there was the 'Arab Spring', now we got ... well, I don't know what to call it, but we can see what happened with the 'Arab Spring'. So ... I'm not real confident we're going to see much change.