Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: And The Last Trump Sign Quietly Vanished.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There are conservatives on this forum who would like people to forget that they spent years worshipping, cheerleading, defending, and providing cover for George Dumbya Bush and the former half-term governor Sarah The Baracuuda Palin.

The amount of time conservatives spent taking razor blades to their Bush bumper stickers is literally incalculable
    They also voted for & vehemently defended both McCain & Romney as well
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I guess ppl here aren't too much into bumper stickers and yard signs. We saw a few in 2016. The only Trump one left around here sits at the end of a driveway leading to a poorly-aging trailer. The sign looks new and just says "Trump" on it, nothing else. The same place had a VOTE NO LIBRARY MILLAGE sign last year when that came up for a vote. Go figure. lol
    ??What is that??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I live in a mixed neighborhood. We have seen political signs supporting both parties.

During the 2016 election campaign season several properties displayed Trump signs.

And even after the election, proud of what they supported, several Trump signs remained.

For months, even as his approval plummeted and the disturbing news oozed out of the White House like automotive fluids from a bad wreck, a few of the signs remained.

Some even stayed up for years. The neighbors here are mostly nice. None of the signs were vandalized.

One by one, the signs disappeared, until only one remained.

That has ended.

As news of the impeachment inquiry has dominated politics, the last Trump sign quietly vanished.

Looks like people are beginning to be over it. The pride is gone.

At last!
    I've also noticed that the pride is dying out. People are starting to realize Trump isn't an edgy badass playing 4D chess. He's just an angry idiot who fails at everything. And now people are embarrassed that they backed such a low IQ snowflake.

But the thing is, Trump never had much support. He always had a small very vocal minority. The reason he won the election is because lots of people who normally vote Democrat didn't vote, thanks to Hillary, and the electoral college benefits Republicans. These two factors seem like they're going to get Trump reelected. We still have the electoral college and most of the Democrats running are absolutely horrible. So yeah, there are less Trumpcucks now, and the ones going down with the ship are embarrassed, but that's not going to be enough.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Trumpet (10-19-2019)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I stole Trump's signs.
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,281 Times in 22,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

And The Last Trump Sign Quietly Vanished.
    The reason is obvious to anyone with even the tiniest of brains; they don't want Fascistic Nazi hate filled leftists damaging their property.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

anonymoose (10-18-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,281 Times in 22,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Of course all of the Hillary signs are still up there proud as peacocks and their owners are still contributing to Madam Secretary's 2020 run, right? Oh that's right! Those signs all went in the trash in shame the day after the 2016 election, huh?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,628 Times in 4,421 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 179 Posts

I live in a mixed neighborhood. We have seen political signs supporting both parties.

During the 2016 election campaign season several properties displayed Trump signs.

And even after the election, proud of what they supported, several Trump signs remained.

For months, even as his approval plummeted and the disturbing news oozed out of the White House like automotive fluids from a bad wreck, a few of the signs remained.

Some even stayed up for years. The neighbors here are mostly nice. None of the signs were vandalized.

One by one, the signs disappeared, until only one remained.

That has ended.

As news of the impeachment inquiry has dominated politics, the last Trump sign quietly vanished.

Looks like people are beginning to be over it. The pride is gone.

At last!
    Who do most of the remaining signs support?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,189 Times in 52,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ??What is that??
    It's how we pay for the public library located in Marquette. Each township votes on whether to collect a millage (amount per thousand of assessed property value) from its residents to go towards the library. If your township approves it, you pay a slight bit more in taxes and qualify for an annual library membership. But if your township is filled with knuckleheads like the ours with the Trump sign, then they vote against the millage and your annual library membership goes up to $175/year per family. Our neighbors (she is a retired teacher) put up a pro-library sign four times at the intersection of our road and the main hwy going into town. Someone kept taking it. Welcome to TrumpLand.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-19-2019), Trumpet (10-19-2019)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

They also voted for & vehemently defended both McCain & Romney as well
    Conservative showed genuine passion and worship of George Dumbya, Palin, and Trumpf

I never felt like Mittens or McCain inspired worship and devotion like the three stooges did

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-19-2019)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's how we pay for the public library located in Marquette. Each township votes on whether to collect a millage (amount per thousand of assessed property value) from its residents to go towards the library. If your township approves it, you pay a slight bit more in taxes and qualify for an annual library membership. But if your township is filled with knuckleheads like the ours with the Trump sign, then they vote against the millage and your annual library membership goes up to $175/year per family. Our neighbors (she is a retired teacher) put up a pro-library sign four times at the intersection of our road and the main hwy going into town. Someone kept taking it. Welcome to TrumpLand.
    $175???? WTF That is crazy...

I rarely go any more but I will be taking the grandkids there as they have lots of activities, events, plays etc..

Something we kinda just take for granted..

The first free library in our county was here in Elk Grove & I use to visit it often before everything was @ our finger tips...

What do you go there for??

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, since when do people leave political signs up for years?
    He’s a liar !

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,165 Times in 27,015 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,974 Times in 2,691 Posts

I guess ppl here aren't too much into bumper stickers and yard signs. We saw a few in 2016. The only Trump one left around here sits at the end of a driveway leading to a poorly-aging trailer. The sign looks new and just says "Trump" on it, nothing else. The same place had a VOTE NO LIBRARY MILLAGE sign last year when that came up for a vote. Go figure. lol
    Libraries, public art museums, and national parks are anathemas to Trump-supporters

But spending trillions on an unnecessary and premeditated war of aggression on Iraq? Yep, they couldn't leap out of their chairs fast enough to line up in support of that

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-18-2019), PoliTalker (10-19-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-18-2019)

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

$175???? WTF That is crazy...
    I rarely go any more but I will be taking the grandkids there as they have lots of activities, events, plays etc..
    Something we kinda just take for granted..
    The first free library in our county was here in Elk Grove & I use to visit it often before everything was @ our finger tips...
    What do you go there for??
    I have never been in it; costs too much to join plus I can use the library at the university for free. Mr. Owl goes there a lot and reads history books.

If we had kids at home we would definitely join it despite the cost. I took my kids once a week to get and return books. Plus they had activities for the younger ones, like you pointed out. Story Time and so on. For some reason pre-schoolers who do not want to sit on the couch while mom reads them a story are perfectly content to sit in a group and listen to a stranger read a story. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-19-2019)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Libraries, public art museums, and national parks are anathemas to Trump-supporters

But spending trillions on an unnecessary and premeditated war of aggression on Iraq? Yep, they couldn't leap out of their chairs fast enough to line up in support of that
    As long as, of course, it wasn't THEIR kids going.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-18-2019), PoliTalker (10-19-2019)

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have never been in it; costs too much to join plus I can use the library at the university for free. Mr. Owl goes there a lot and reads history books.

If we had kids at home we would definitely join it despite the cost. I took my kids once a week to get and return books. Plus they had activities for the younger ones, like you pointed out. Story Time and so on. For some reason pre-schoolers who do not want to sit on the couch while mom reads them a story are perfectly content to sit in a group and listen to a stranger read a story. lol
    Does he like any particular type of history??

I have been reading most recently about Spain, particularly northern Spain/Portugal, Galatia & the traditional Celtic roots as well as their role in the Arab conquest-NOT & the expulsions etc that followed..