Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Now they admit to a Quid Pro Quo...

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Exactly: Finally and admission....its not a legal hearing until it is prosecuted by THE SENATE, thus its all bluster, as you have about as much chance of removing this POTUS as you do of throwing a snowball through hell.
    Even when prosecuted in the Senate is is a political process, not a legal one. The rules are whatever the Senate decides are the rules.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Even when prosecuted in the Senate is is a political process, not a legal one. The rules are whatever the Senate decides are the rules.
    Yeah....show this conclusion to me IN THE CONSTITUTION. The rules of impeachment are whatever the politicians decide they are? Really?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Constitution, Article I, Section 3:
    The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachments shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust, or Profit under the United States, but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishmnet, according to Law.

AKA, as long as the Senate follows these rules they can do what they want as it relates to impeachment. They gave the power to the Senate not the Judiciary.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Now do you think what Rump did was wrong?

You spend weeks denying a QPQ, how do you feel now that they admit it?
    Plugs admitted it too.....to the world...smiling and laughing...got the prosecutor fired in exchange for the money..."go ask Obama".
    Yeah.....Plugs said Bama was fine with it, too.
    Grow up. Ukraine has a history of some corruption...we want some assurances before we hand over U.S. money.
    Grow up.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Plugs admitted it too.....to the world...smiling and laughing...got the prosecutor fired in exchange for the money..."go ask Obama".
    Yeah.....Plugs said Bama was fine with it, too.
    Grow up. Ukraine has a history of some corruption...we want some assurances before we hand over U.S. money.
    Grow up.
    Who is plugs and what did he admit to?

LOCK HIM UP!

6. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Stretch (10-18-2019)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

It’s political in the sense they vote on it but there’s still a trial [cross examining the WB’s would be entertaining lol] that takes place.

Oh, and the majority party gets to decide the parameters.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,198 Times in 13,943 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s political in the sense they vote on it but there’s still a trial [cross examining the WB’s would be entertaining lol] that takes place.

Oh, and the majority party gets to decide the parameters.
    And the trial is public, meaning although the conclusion is obvious, Americans will hear all the revelations collected against Trump, he will win the litigation, but the Democrats could win the image

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Is that why Nancy won’t vote?

I want the cunt to vote. I am begging the cunt to vote.

Go on fucking record. No more games.
    I want her to vote too. I don't agree with how she's playing politics. This isn't about politics, this is about real Americans holding Trump accountable.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    LIE and LAME.
    FUCK! You got me.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

When is that?
    Feb 3rd

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Constitution, Article I, Section 3:
    The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachments shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust, or Profit under the United States, but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishmnet, according to Law.

AKA, as long as the Senate follows these rules they can do what they want as it relates to impeachment. They gave the power to the Senate not the Judiciary.
    Yeah.....AS LONG AS THEY "FOLLOW THE RULES".....THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT? Yeah....that makes sense if you have no cognitive relation to reason and logic. FOLLWING THE RULES IS NOT DOING WHAT YOU WANT. As stated one of the RULES is to hold a TRAIL under the conditions specified via the due process presented in the freaking constitution of the United States....

Read the part of the Constitution where it states that it is the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE(S)….plural, the entire house, both sides of the isle must be represented in any IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDING. An impeachment cannot be conducted by one side in a covert manner that robs the accused of all the rights of DUE PROCESS. Even a political impeachment is considered a LEGAL TRIBUNAL and must follow constitutional rules of conduct as well as the traditional parliamentary laws of order.

No where does the constitution declare that the SPEAKER can make up the rules of conduct as they go.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-18-2019 at 05:19 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

dukkha (10-19-2019), Stretch (10-18-2019)

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Its not a legal hearing, but the Republicans will have the right to cross-examine witnesses and subpoena witnesses, The president always as every right to investigate anything he wants to investigate in any legal way he chooses.
    Now read your own words you quoted from the US CONSTITUTION in post 78. That is in consideration that you have already contradicted your own argument in the same sentence....You declare its not a LEGAL HEARING....but the president has every LEGAL RIGHT....yeah, Then you can read from the Constitution itself from your post #78, "The senate shall hold a TRIAL...……." Yeah....but its not legal....really its not? You are just telling us there is no legal penalty if a POTUS is found guilty of the charges? Strange....it seems that Slick Willy Blow Job Bill had his license to practice LAW revoked as a LEGAL PENALTY during an investigation as part of a formal impeachment hearing.

Damn....leave it up to a dim witted liberal to argue about an APPLE and then hold up an ORGANGE as evidence that he is correct.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Stretch (10-18-2019)

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Teflon Don Post in response to my thread
    I don’t think I would be sad if I learned you were shot and killed. Or better yet your entire family. And if it was done by an illegal, I would dance a jig
    "I don’t think I would be sad if I learned you were shot and killed. Or better yet your entire family. And if it was done by an illegal, I would dance a jig."
    Yup the voice of the right. Lovely group. I just for the first time in any forum gone to the people who run it and demanded that they throw this guy out of the whole forum not just this thread. These killers can't be supported. We will see if these people who run this group will do anything. So far nothing this pile of shit should be thrown out complete. If you except this shit , you own it. Get Rid of him.
    Would you like me to rewrite this screed so it is a bit more coherent?

You aren’t going to get me banned. Save yourself some time

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuidProJoe View Post
    You obviously didn’t understand what he said. Or are purposely misrepresenting it. No. He asked them to investigate corruption tied to 2016 campaign. Not about Biden.

You are trying to conflate things.

But if you think this is an admission then Nancy has him right where she wants him and should vote right now

No need for an investigation. According to you, you have everything you need

Quick question though. In the entire history of this country have we ever had strings attached to foreign aid? If so, is that quid pro quo?
    WSJ released a report that Trump asked Ukraine to investigate Biden's son many times. It was all about the Bidens and the 2020 election.

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It didn't relate to the Biden probe.
    Mulvaney said that the withholding of aid was due in part because Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate the possibility that elements in that country had somehow interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
    It was stupider than that. Trump believes Ukraine interfered in the election to help Hillary and the Russians did nothing. He also thinks for some crazy reason, her server wound up there. How stupid is he? Nobody can be ignorant or illogical enough to think that makes sense.