Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PRO-Trump rally in FLA this AM. 3 showed, (WE) IMPEACH TRUMPrs countered with 40!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    How many STUPID ASS, incompetent dangerous or ILLEGAL actions or utterances does Trump make in a day? My posts are commensurate with THOSE!
    That's a hilarious question coming from Toxic, who has never started a single thread here. She tried once on Amazon, but it was like that old saying "What if I made a thread and nobody posted?"

Don't worry about the dumb bimbo; she only comes here to snipe at people, find someone to follow around and poke at, and leave slime trails all over the forum. She's not well. Refuses help. Sad, very sad.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

BUT they could be so disgusted they stay home! Disinterest isn't the only 'emotion' that keeps voters away from the polls. Or as someone who sat in on all the Florida recounts in 2000, several people wrote in their own names or ME. JESUS was alternative candidate for President I saw on at least 5 ballots.
    Sitting this one out would be awesome.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Either way...….your supporting racism, hate, greed, criminality and discontent.

Should have said....

(That's a fancy word for CHICKENSHIT THEIR WAY OUT). They don't care. I don't get it! I'll never get it.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Libertarian. I think it was Browne.

I cannot see any (R)s that I know personally who would vote for a (D) under any circumstance. I've seen the same thing said on various political boards, viewer comments on websites, etc. They claim they would just stay home, or not cast a vote for POTUS, or vote some third party.
    I somewhat fit your description. I'm a Republican and I voted for Gary Johnson. I wasn't going to vote for Trump but I sure as heck wasn't going to vote for Hillary. Same in 2020. I won't vote for Trump but I sure as heck won't vote for Warren/Biden/Sanders. Now I have voted multiple times for Democrats on the local level (we don't have Republicans who run for office). I even voted for DiFi for Senate (now granted her opponent was also a Democrat).

Would you vote for a Republican for President? Do you know of any of your Democratic friends who have voted for Republicans for President? To me partisanship is partisanship whether you are on the right or left. True believers aren't voting for the opposite party for President (or with rare exception). Of course not everyone is a true partisan like many of us on this board.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (10-17-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why in the hell they called it on THU morning at 11AM in a 'planned community' and expected people to show up is beyond me. But one of our clubs from the same neighborhood read it on FB, so we organized a 'counter' group late MON. 40 of us showed up. I was expecting all us old farts at 11AM but was surprised, all ages, some local college kids. Folks brought their dogs. Pitch perfect weather, everyone had a good time.

Here's the kicker, 60% registered REPS or NPAs (lean Right) for this 'development'. We got at LEAST 60% positive response FOR IMPEACHMENT. Hands down. We were shocked. The most ardent Trump supporters by honks, thumbs down or 'middle finger' salutes were younger white guys in pickups or panel trucks, MOST appeared to be 'construction workers'. I doubt any of them lived in the neighborhoods. Our suburban neighbors in their late model SUVS gave us thumbs down or negative shakes of the head but many less than I would have expected.

This is a red section of Florida with a few 'breaks' of blue.

No link, you'll have to take my word for it.

dude......those people driving by honking their horns weren't supporting you......they were wanting you to get your walker back on the sidewalk......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (10-17-2019)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I somewhat fit your description. I'm a Republican and I voted for Gary Johnson. I wasn't going to vote for Trump but I sure as heck wasn't going to vote for Hillary. Same in 2020. I won't vote for Trump but I sure as heck won't vote for Warren/Biden/Sanders. Now I have voted multiple times for Democrats on the local level (we don't have Republicans who run for office). I even voted for DiFi for Senate (now granted her opponent was also a Democrat).

Would you vote for a Republican for President? Do you know of any of your Democratic friends who have voted for Republicans for President? To me partisanship is partisanship whether you are on the right or left. True believers aren't voting for the opposite party for President (or with rare exception). Of course not everyone is a true partisan like many of us on this board.

I was gonna vote for ROSS PEROT at the earlier stages of 1992, then the GOP did their dirty tricks and knocked him out. I thought BUSH 1 sold his party out with CLARENCE THOMAS to the RELIGIOUS Right--they sicken me. (Bush 1 almost had me). I voted for Dukakis though I didn't think he had a snowballs chance in hell. I reluctantly (very) voted for (B) Clinton. Wouldn't have voted for BUSH 2, I thought he was 15 IQ points from a dullard + he had Cheney. I gladly voted for Obama, though 3rd down my list. I voted for Hillary who was the first on the 2008 list. I would have voted for BUSH 2 before I would have voted for TRUMP if those were the only 2 REP choices. (Though I would likely do a write in--maybe George Soros or Oprah)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

It would depend who the two (or more) candidates are, but yes, in the right circumstances I would vote for a (R) if the candidate measured up. Most of the places in Missouri where I used to live was like where you are -- there were often no (D)s running at the local level. Or even at the state and national level at times. We've had good ppl from both parties at the local level doing fine jobs. I don't think the R/D labels mean much at that level, do you? It isn't until they start getting state/national aspirations that they swallow down the Koolaid and spit it back out at the masses. We had an (R) guy who was on the local school board who was outstanding, very strong supporter of education. Then he ran for state rep. And guess what? He adopted the mantra of Guns/God/GOP, and once even voted in favor of allowing guns to be carried on college campus.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    dude......those people driving by honking their horns weren't supporting you......they were wanting you to get your walker back on the sidewalk......
    Nope, our windows are tinted on the SIDES here. Not the fronts. And I do recognize thumbs up from this...

Just saying!

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It would depend who the two (or more) candidates are, but yes, in the right circumstances I would vote for a (R) if the candidate measured up. Most of the places in Missouri where I used to live was like where you are -- there were often no (D)s running at the local level. Or even at the state and national level at times. We've had good ppl from both parties at the local level doing fine jobs. I don't think the R/D labels mean much at that level, do you? It isn't until they start getting state/national aspirations that they swallow down the Koolaid and spit it back out at the masses. We had an (R) guy who was on the local school board who was outstanding, very strong supporter of education. Then he ran for state rep. And guess what? He adopted the mantra of Guns/God/GOP, and once even voted in favor of allowing guns to be carried on college campus.
    The chance of winning either the Democratic or Republican nominee for President while hiding from party orthodoxy is almost none (well Trump did somewhat so maybe he stands out as the exception). So local races are different than national races. I know in some areas there are no party labels in local races. But on a national level you have to get the support of the full party apparatus to run and win. So the chances of a progressive voting for a Republican on a national level are slim and none and same for a conservative voting for a Democrat. We know not everyone is an ideologue or votes straight party line and that's how we keep rotating between D's and R's for President even though some of us vote straight party each time.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why in the hell they called it on THU morning at 11AM in a 'planned community' and expected people to show up is beyond me. But one of our clubs from the same neighborhood read it on FB, so we organized a 'counter' group late MON. 40 of us showed up. I was expecting all us old farts at 11AM but was surprised, all ages, some local college kids. Folks brought their dogs. Pitch perfect weather, everyone had a good time.

Here's the kicker, 60% registered REPS or NPAs (lean Right) for this 'development'. We got at LEAST 60% positive response FOR IMPEACHMENT. Hands down. We were shocked. The most ardent Trump supporters by honks, thumbs down or 'middle finger' salutes were younger white guys in pickups or panel trucks, MOST appeared to be 'construction workers'. I doubt any of them lived in the neighborhoods. Our suburban neighbors in their late model SUVS gave us thumbs down or negative shakes of the head but many less than I would have expected.

I CALL BULLSHIT.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

RB 60 (10-17-2019)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Should have said....

(That's a fancy word for CHICKENSHIT THEIR WAY OUT). They don't care. I don't get it! I'll never get it.
    I should have said "their"....instead of your....I didn't mean you.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

When you vote republican you support the same thing CFM does.

Can't call him a racist when you all support the same things.

Just saying.....

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Nope, I'm an ardent Democrat on a political board, not paid. I live in a purple state, a red district, within a 'flaming red' group of precincts. It's call anecdotal 'evidence'.
    Which means it ain't worth shit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Sailor (10-17-2019)

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Trump will not be impeached, the Dims don't have the guts to do it. That's why they are operating behind closed doors in all these hearings. They cannot impeach and remove him so they are gonna puss out. The president cannot be impeached by some "Star Chamber" of dirt bags like Adam Shitty Shits.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Buck Tucker For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-17-2019)

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health