Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 49ers Back On Top

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    (Of course they'll lose to the Redskins this weekend because my dumb *ss post this but that aside) All is good in the world again, the 49ers #1 in the NFC and soon the entire NFL. Dominate, dominate D along with a power running game and one of the most handsome men on the planet at QB.

(Now once Urban Meyer replaces Clay Helton life will truly be heaven on earth)
    Urban has no reason to come to LA. He coached the Buckeyes because they were his home team.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Carroll still walks on water to me. Wilson is the league MVP right now. Pretty amazing this run of success you guys have had.
    We would have had slightly more if Pete knew how to hire competent assistants. Tom Cable (sorry Raiders) is the worst OL coach in NFL history, and the Lions' decision to hire Bevell has me rooting against them all season. I was so happy when the refs gave GB that game on MNF.

Our match-up should prove what these teams are made of. Looks like we killed the Rams. They lost players to injury in both games.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

My understanding is he's still teaching a class at tOSU but he's also working in LA as an analyst for Fox Sports and has bought a home in LA. Supposedly he had dinner with the new USC President. There is definitely a lot of smoke around this. We'll see if it comes to fruition.
    Be careful of the rumors. I remember reading that Jimbo Fisher had bought a house in Tuscaloosa and was coming to coach at UA. Turns out we had another Mike and a couple of years before Saban come to rescue us.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Be careful of the rumors. I remember reading that Jimbo Fisher had bought a house in Tuscaloosa and was coming to coach at UA. Turns out we had another Mike and a couple of years before Saban come to rescue us.
    They said he bought a house because he’s working for Fox Sports in LA. So that’s understandable. I mean he could also rent but it’s being done because he’s already working out here.

We know Clay Helton will be gone. We know Meyer’s true passion is coaching. From both the ‘SC insiders and national media there is definitely a lot of smoke around this. Of course that doesn’t mean it will happen. There are a number of folks in the ‘SC bureaucracy that don’t want a guy like Urban around. They would prefer a yes man like Helton. But this isn’t some pie in the sky dream. There are discussions being had.

Alabama and USC open the season again next year in Jerry World. Wouldn’t that be something if it was Urban vs Saban.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

They said he bought a house because he’s working for Fox Sports in LA. So that’s understandable. I mean he could also rent but it’s being done because he’s already working out here.

We know Clay Helton will be gone. We know Meyer’s true passion is coaching. From both the ‘SC insiders and national media there is definitely a lot of smoke around this. Of course that doesn’t mean it will happen. There are a number of folks in the ‘SC bureaucracy that don’t want a guy like Urban around. They would prefer a yes man like Helton. But this isn’t some pie in the sky dream. There are discussions being had.

Alabama and USC open the season again next year in Jerry World. Wouldn’t that be something if it was Urban vs Saban.
    That would work for me. I have been disappointed by the weak opening matchups the last two years.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I thought his dream job was Notre Dame?

And got to say there "cawacko" this is the first time I can recall you recording anything positive or exciting about San Francisco, must be the hometown roots are buried deep
    Where did you go Archives? We're 6 - 0 and coming for your Patriots. (and yes, the 49ers if you haven't followed have been a disaster since Harbaugh left so there's not been a whole lot to talk about). Of course now I sound like a follower of a team that has never won before by getting so excited over a quick start. In the real world I keep my mouth shut. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing. But since the majority of this board is sh*t talking and trolling I'll say something here.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

(Of course they'll lose to the Redskins this weekend because my dumb *ss post this but that aside) All is good in the world again, the 49ers #1 in the NFC and soon the entire NFL. Dominate, dominate D along with a power running game and one of the most handsome men on the planet at QB.

Dream on. Urban just opened a new restaurant here in Dublin and has other business interest he’s involved with and he’s made it clear that there is only one college football program he’d consider and it’s not USC.

He’s made it clear he would consider an NFL job with a top NFL team (i.e. Dallas) but unless Notre Dame calls Myers is done with college.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

so you're picking them to lose to the Vikings in the SB?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Dream on. Urban just opened a new restaurant here in Dublin and has other business interest he’s involved with and he’s made it clear that there is only one college football program he’d consider and it’s not USC.

He’s made it clear he would consider an NFL job with a top NFL team (i.e. Dallas) but unless Notre Dame calls Myers is done with college.
    He just bought a home in Manhattan Beach. His job is in LA. You can own ventures across the country.

You misunderstood his interview with Cowhard. He’s not interested in the NFL. Urban is a college coach and he has a chance to be the only coach to win titles at three schools.

Like I said ‘SC could F this up because that’s what we do. But Urban to ‘SC isn’t some pipe dream, there are discussions happening.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,605 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Seriously? Urban? NFL?
    Such a dumb shit,everything goes over your head.That's what happens to a Jack Daniels drunk!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think it would work out for him as a NFL coach.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    I don't think it would work out for him as a NFL coach.
    I’m sure he’d consider the right offer. I think Wacko is reading to much into Urban being out in California.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’m sure he’d consider the right offer. I think Wacko is reading to much into Urban being out in California.
    There is rumors,USC is talking with him
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    There is rumors,USC is talking with him
    So far that's all they are is rumors. Reggie Bush said that he would recruit Urban for USC, in a tongue and cheek manner, as they work together on Game Day. Mark May said with absolute certainty that USC will hire Urban...we all know how full of shit Mark May is and that's just about the best evidence there is that it's just a rumor.