Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 49ers Back On Top

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    So far that's all they are is rumors. Reggie Bush said that he would recruit Urban for USC, in a tongue and cheek manner, as they work together on Game Day. Mark May said with absolute certainty that USC will hire Urban...we all know how full of shit Mark May is and that's just about the best evidence there is that it's just a rumor.
    I don't listen to what the national guys say, I listen to what the 'SC insiders say. No one is saying Urban is a done deal. What they are saying is there are back door discussions being had and there is definite mutual interest (at least with some at 'SC). Mutual interest does not guarantee a deal gets done. But this is one of those cases where there is smoke there is fire.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't listen to what the national guys say, I listen to what the 'SC insiders say. No one is saying Urban is a done deal. What they are saying is there are back door discussions being had and there is definite mutual interest (at least with some at 'SC). Mutual interest does not guarantee a deal gets done. But this is one of those cases where there is smoke there is fire.
    So "cawacko," not to change the subject, but being there, give us a few sentence personal impression of living in a State plagued by the danger of fire

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    So "cawacko," not to change the subject, but being there, give us a few sentence personal impression of living in a State plagued by the danger of fire
    It is what it is. I was in high school living in Oakland when the '89 quake hit. I was in LA in college when the '94(?) Northridge quake hit LA. I was a freshman in college in LA when the Oakland Hills fire hit. It was right by my family's home. They evacuated but a lot of people around us lost their homes. It was devastating. Point being it comes with the territory of living here. (I can get into the political aspects of PG&E and why this is happening but that's a different discussion.) My wife directs a pre-school in Marin. School has been closed for four days now I believe because they don't have power. Many of my friends have had their power out within the past several weeks. It's all people talk about on Facebook. You look up in the sky and see smoke everywhere. It's crazy.
    Last edited by cawacko; 10-29-2019 at 09:58 AM.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Well...as long as Brian Kelly is doing well at ND it’s possible but USC doesn’t stand a chance if ND comes knocking.

I don’t think he’ll do it. I can see him taking over at USC as AD but not Head Coach.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well...as long as Brian Kelly is doing well at ND it’s possible but USC doesn’t stand a chance if ND comes knocking.

I don’t think he’ll do it. I can see him taking over at USC as AD but not Head Coach.
    Not sure why he would want to be our AD. He's a coach. And he was a chance to go down in the record books as the only coach to win titles with three different teams. Health willing there's no way he doesn't get back into coaching. Do you hear him on Fox Sports analyzing games? The guy is a coaching genius.

We'll see what he decides to do.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Where did you go Archives? We're 6 - 0 and coming for your Patriots. (and yes, the 49ers if you haven't followed have been a disaster since Harbaugh left so there's not been a whole lot to talk about). Of course now I sound like a follower of a team that has never won before by getting so excited over a quick start. In the real world I keep my mouth shut. The whole "act like you've been there before" thing. But since the majority of this board is sh*t talking and trolling I'll say something here.
    I don't believe the Niners would beat the Patriots, Saints or Packers. We'll see what happens.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

It is what it is. I was in high school living in Oakland when the '89 quake hit. I was in LA in college when the '94(?) Northridge quake hit LA. I was a freshman in college in LA when the Oakland Hills fire hit. It was right by my family's home. They evacuated but a lot of people around us lost their homes. It was devastating. Point being it comes with the territory of living here. (I can get into the political aspects of PG&E and why this is happening but that's a different discussion.) My wife directs a pre-school in Marin. School has been closed for four days now I believe because they don't have power. Many of my friends have had their power out within the past several weeks. It's all people talk about on Facebook. You look up in the sky and see smoke everywhere. It's crazy.
    Hey, you didn't have any of those problems back in Boston, plus you got to the change of seasons

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What do you got for me Mott?! We just hired the UC AD to be our new AD. Insert the Ron Paul “it’s happening” GIF here regarding Urban.

Nothing final of course and no guarantees but dude, I told you this has been in the works.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seahawks giving 49ers all they can handle tonight. #GeauxHawks
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As good as time as any to bump this. Forty - Fvxkin - Niners