Thread: Elijah Cummings dead and in hell

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Rest in Peace Sir!

“Rest In Power” trended on Twitter in honor of the veteran Democratic representative, who died Thursday.

The death of Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) prompted an outpouring of grief and condolences on social media.

Lawmakers, celebrities, journalists and other high-profile figures paid tribute to the veteran member of Congress, who died early Thursday “due to complications concerning long standing health challenges,” his office said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elija...b0b24e75dd9245

Why does someone that supposedly served his people for 23 years yet 20% of them still remained on food stamps deserve respect?

You lefties sure seem proud of such a worthwhile accomplishment.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep, he was quite the statesman as he berates people doing their job and following the law:

Cummings on migrant child detention: ‘None of us would have our children in that position.’
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The hypocrite liar rants as he defends the incompetence of the Obama Administrations lies about Benghazi:

Elijah Cummings Gets Applause For Rant Late In Benghazi Hearing
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rep. Cummings Flips Out At IRS Hearing After Issa Cuts His Mic

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    He definitely didn't help his constituents which means it shouldn't be classified as a good run.

He's a Democrat so his fellow Democrats don't question the results or the motives.
    Yeah.....feigned ignorance in relation to a clearly detailed in contextual integrity and consistency sarcastic retort....might work, If I were as stupid are you are pretending to be. You thought you were wrong ONE TIME....turns out you were merely MISTAKEN...hun? I am not good with hints can you be just a little more arrogantly condescending in pretending to be the smartest person in the room?

Of course you did not comprehend the sarcasm.....we are to believe that A GOOD RUN represents honor and integrity instead of criminality.

Conclusion? You can't stand to admit.....YOU MADE A MISTAKE...so you double down, just like a pussy liberal.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

the op is a bad person

my feud with Cummings is officially over. May he RIP

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah.....feigned ignorance in relation to a clearly detailed in contextual integrity and consistency sarcastic retort....might work, If I were as stupid are you are pretending to be. You thought you wrong ONE TIME....turns out you were merely MISTAKEN...hun? I am not good with hints can you be just a little more arrogantly condescending in pretending to be the smartest person in the room?
    Wrong person.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Being elected in a district that was gerrymandered with a 60% black majority is hardly making something of oneself. If that's the case, you've proven you think being born black is all one needs.
    I was about to disagree with you about the gerrmandering until I looked at his district. lossless-page1-1920px-Maryland_US_Congressional_District_7_(since_2013).tif.jpg

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I was about to disagree with you about the gerrmandering until I looked at his district. lossless-page1-1920px-Maryland_US_Congressional_District_7_(since_2013).tif.jpg
    It's just shy of 60% black.

I thought Democrats were opposed to gerrymandering.

I wouldn't have made the statement about gerrymandering unless the facts were there.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

American's de facto president Madam Speaker has ordered Capitol flags to be lowered to half-staff

just keep watching Fox and Friends Donnie, it's all good

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Don't many/most districts look funky like that?

CFM is just flat out racist which is why he's trying to take away from Cummings. Now don't get me wrong, there is a lot I disagree with politically about Cummings but Sailor isn't wrong in that the man came from nothing and was able to make something of his life. That is to be commended.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (10-17-2019)

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

It's just shy of 60% black.

I thought Democrats were opposed to gerrymandering.

I wouldn't have made the statement about gerrymandering unless the facts were there.
    Blacks make up 62% of Baltimore's population. I assumed it would be hard to draw a district there that did not have a black majority, but there are only 389,000 which is only about 50% of a the population needed for a congressional district.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Wrong person.
    The best thing to do???? Admit you made a mistake, if there was a mistake.....but my post stands. Who said, "...it shouldn't be classified as a GOOD RUN."? Depends upon the qualifying text...no? As was detailed....by the contextual integrity...the GOOD RUN was a good CRIMINAL RUN, having nothing whatsoever to do with being a GOOD RUN in representing a constituency.

When one takes the time to read and COMPREHEND …..its clear as day this was not a post endorsing anything this asshole did as being a good run for his constituency....it was a good run in making him a millionaire on a civil servants salary. He was a criminal in a suit and tie.

SARCASM: witty language used to convey insult dressed as accolade.

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Don't many/most districts look funky like that?

CFM is just flat out racist which is why he's trying to take away from Cummings. Now don't get me wrong, there is a lot I disagree with politically about Cummings but Sailor isn't wrong in that the man came from nothing and was able to make something of his life. That is to be commended.
    No, they don't. There are seven in my State. For the most part, except for the one blue gerrymandered majority minority district, they're not oddly shaped at all.

Most districts in the country aren't gerrymandered to create a 60% black population where the State as a whole is less than half of that.

Getting elected when you have a built in guarantee isn't something. Something would have been not having 20% of your district rely on food stamps.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The best thing to do???? Admit you made a mistake, if there was a mistake.....but my post stands. Who said, "...it shouldn't be classified as a GOOD RUN."? Depends upon the qualifying text...no? As was detailed....by the contextual integrity...the GOOD RUN was a good CRIMINAL RUN, having nothing whatsoever to do with being a GOOD RUN in representing a constituency.

When one takes the time to read and COMPREHEND …..its clear as day this was not a post endorsing anything this asshole did as being a good run for his constituency....it was a good run in making him a millionaire on a civil servants salary. He was a criminal in a suit and tie.
    Since when is making yourself a millionaire on a civil servants salary a good run? Are you saying that bilking the public is good.