Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's letter to Turkish pres. is so ridiculous people didn't believe it was real

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Trump's letter to Turkish pres. is so ridiculous people didn't believe it was real

It's an especially concerning day to be living in Donald Trump's America.

Shortly after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi stood outside the White House this afternoon and literally said that Trump "had a meltdown" and cancelled an "all-Member classified briefing" on the dangerous situation he's caused in Syria, Fox Business anchor Trish Regan tweeted a copy of what she said was a letter from Trump to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

In the letter, dated Oct. 9, Trump asks Erdogan to "work out a good deal," warns him not to "be a tough guy," and says that history will forever look upon him as "the devil" if he is "responsible for slaughtering thousands.

The language in the letter was so bizarre, informal, and unhinged that upon seeing it on social media, nearly everyone questioned whether it's actually real.

Though there's a great deal of doubt online, New York Times White House Correspondent Katie Rogers and others have confirmed the letter's authenticity.

With members of Congress and Pelosi publicly and repeatedly voicing concern over the president's erratic behavior, Twitter users were barely even able to crack jokes about the letter — too stunned to even process it's existence.

It's one thing to read yet another of the president's middle of the night tweet-rants, but seeing the exclamation points and non sequiturs laid out on official White House letterhead is quite another.
    Last edited by Joe Capitalist; 10-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2019), Trumpet (10-16-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-16-2019), Trumpet (10-16-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is not overly gifted with intelligence, but he is a fabulous fibber.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Trump sounds like an 8th grader, and this kind of juvenile bluster is so far below presidential decorum it literally boogles the mind.

Nobody takes anything Trump says seriously.

"Great news folks! North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat!"

-Donald Trumpf, June 2018

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-16-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    That reads like it was written by a 13-yo. All he left out is s and s
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-16-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Trump sounds like an 8th grader, and this kind of juvenile bluster is so far below presidential decorum it literally boogles the mind.

Nobody takes anything Trump says seriously.
    Oh, yeah? The Trump dick suckers on this forum take EVERYTHING he says seriously every day.

BTW, did Trump really tweet that about North Korea?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

sounds like a good plan to me.........same message for Schiff and Nancy........stop being idiots, don't fuck up........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Loving91390 (10-16-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I looked at Fox to see if they reported on it. They did. They did NOT post the entire letter, but rather took selected quotes out (and out of order) to make Toadstool look tough. Even the slack-jawed cretins who rely 100% on Fox for their news might start thinking maybe Barron is writing 45's letters now, if they saw the actual letter.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...r-turkey-syria
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I looked at Fox to see if they reported on it. They did. They did NOT post the entire letter, but rather took selected quotes out (and out of order) to make Toadstool look tough. Even the slack-jawed cretins who rely 100% on Fox for their news might start thinking maybe Barron is writing 45's letters now, if they saw the actual letter.

Don't be silly. He saves the hugs and kisses for Kim only. They have a committed relationship..as in they should both be committed.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Don't be silly. He saves the hugs and kisses for Kim only. They have a committed relationship..as in they should both be committed.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

The White House has vowed to “look into” a decision taken by Fox News to stop broadcasting Donald Trump’s rallies live and in full because they’re no longer bringing in high ratings. Politico reports viewing figures for Trump rallies have dropped and tend to be similar to, or even below, those for regular programming. The network only showed clips of his three rallies over the last week, rather than broadcasting the whole events uninterrupted. The report states White House figures are concerned Trump is losing control of a key platform ahead of the midterms. One senior White House official told Politico they were unsure why the network is cutting away from the rallies, saying officials planned “to look into that” and that they expect White House Communications Director Bill Shine, a former Fox News executive, to be in touch with his former colleagues about the move.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The White House has vowed to “look into” a decision taken by Fox News to stop broadcasting Donald Trump’s rallies live and in full because they’re no longer bringing in high ratings. Politico reports viewing figures for Trump rallies have dropped and tend to be similar to, or even below, those for regular programming. The network only showed clips of his three rallies over the last week, rather than broadcasting the whole events uninterrupted. The report states White House figures are concerned Trump is losing control of a key platform ahead of the midterms. One senior White House official told Politico they were unsure why the network is cutting away from the rallies, saying officials planned “to look into that” and that they expect White House Communications Director Bill Shine, a former Fox News executive, to be in touch with his former colleagues about the move.
    Does anyone else find it just incredible that a network could so blatantly canoodle with the POTUS and work to bolster his image and campaign -- and the grifter who stands to benefit pushes it? They don't even try to fake it anymore.

Just imagine if this had been Barack Obama and NBC.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (10-16-2019)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Maybe Nancy can impeach him over Syria?

So what is the compelling reason for us to be in Syria?

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

You've been to one- You've been to them all!

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts

Good work Trump! He's the top negotiator in the world, good to have him in our camp. The liberals can stand out in the cold and convince themselves that Trump is a loser. Go ahead, believe the delusion