2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Alex Jones claims
    In September 2014, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who runs the website InfoWars, which had previously claimed that the murders were a "false flag" attack perpetrated by the government, made a new conspiracy claim that "no one died" at Sandy Hook Elementary School because the Uniform Crime Reports showed no murders in Newtown for 2012, and that the victims were "child actors."[26][27] This claim is false and misrepresents the FBI report. In reality, because the Connecticut State Police was the lead investigator after the attack, the Sandy Hook victims were included in Connecticut's statewide records (under "State Police Misc.") rather than under the Newtown statistics.[27][28]
    In November 2016, Erica L. Lafferty, daughter of Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the school principal who was shot and killed at Sandy Hook School, wrote open letters to then-President-elect Donald Trump (published in Medium and USA Today), calling upon him to denounce Jones,[29] after Trump had appeared on Infowars during his presidential campaign and lavished praise on its presenter, saying that the conspiracy theorist had an "amazing" reputation and pledging not to let him down.[29] On February 20, 2017, the Newtown School Board wrote to President Trump and urged him to recognize the murders of 26 people at Sandy Hook and to "remove your support from anyone who continues to insist that the tragedy was staged or not real."[30][31][32] Trump did not respond to the letter.[30][31]
    In March 2018, six families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, as well as an FBI agent who responded to the attack, filed a defamation lawsuit against Jones for his role in spreading conspiracy theories about the shooting,[33][34][35][36] and on April 16, 2018, parents of two other victims of the shooting sued Jones for $1 million each.[37]
    On February 20, 2017, the Newtown School Board wrote to President Trump and urged him to recognize the murders of 26 people at Sandy Hook and to "remove your support from anyone who continues to insist that the tragedy was staged or not real."[30][31][32] Trump did not respond to the letter.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

NRA officer enlisted a Sandy Hook truther to sow doubt about Parkland shooting, emails show

reddit.com/r/politics · Mar 28, 2019 · Article from: www.washingtonpost.com

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin-...ry?id=66318604

the republican party is full of these evil people
    No, it is not.

The problem is that the internet gives an audience to kooks whom otherwise nobody would listen to. That in no way supports an extrapolation to assume the Republican party is 'Full of' people like this fringe radical extremist.

You've made the mistake of assuming the worst about the Republican party because you believe their most extreme fringe radical voices represent the body of the Republican party. That is not true, and you have no proof that it is. It is an incorrect assumption on your part.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was wondering how the law was broken to justify this judgement. The article explains it. The denier claimed without basis that the parents of Sandy Hook victims falsified the death certificates. He has made a record of publicly claiming (falsely) that the Sandy Hook parents are 'liars,' a defamation of character. It is a false claim, so the parents were harmed and the defendant must then pay them an amount to compensate them for the harm he caused them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

your KING embraces these lies you diarrhea brain
    Link
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

No, it is not.

The problem is that the internet gives an audience to kooks whom otherwise nobody would listen to. That in no way supports an extrapolation to assume the Republican party is 'Full of' people like this fringe radical extremist.

You've made the mistake of assuming the worst about the Republican party because you believe their most extreme fringe radical voices represent the body of the Republican party. That is not true, and you have no proof that it is. It is an incorrect assumption on your part.
    he still has the complete devotion of the republican party voters

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

On February 20, 2017, the Newtown School Board wrote to President Trump and urged him to recognize the murders of 26 people at Sandy Hook and to "remove your support from anyone who continues to insist that the tragedy was staged or not real."[30][31][32] Trump did not respond to the letter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-17-2019)

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Alex Jones claims
    In September 2014, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who runs the website InfoWars, which had previously claimed that the murders were a "false flag" attack perpetrated by the government, made a new conspiracy claim that "no one died" at Sandy Hook Elementary School because the Uniform Crime Reports showed no murders in Newtown for 2012, and that the victims were "child actors."[26][27] This claim is false and misrepresents the FBI report. In reality, because the Connecticut State Police was the lead investigator after the attack, the Sandy Hook victims were included in Connecticut's statewide records (under "State Police Misc.") rather than under the Newtown statistics.[27][28]
    In November 2016, Erica L. Lafferty, daughter of Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung, the school principal who was shot and killed at Sandy Hook School, wrote open letters to then-President-elect Donald Trump (published in Medium and USA Today), calling upon him to denounce Jones,[29] after Trump had appeared on Infowars during his presidential campaign and lavished praise on its presenter, saying that the conspiracy theorist had an "amazing" reputation and pledging not to let him down.[29] On February 20, 2017, the Newtown School Board wrote to President Trump and urged him to recognize the murders of 26 people at Sandy Hook and to "remove your support from anyone who continues to insist that the tragedy was staged or not real."[30][31][32] Trump did not respond to the letter.[30][31]
    In March 2018, six families of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, as well as an FBI agent who responded to the attack, filed a defamation lawsuit against Jones for his role in spreading conspiracy theories about the shooting,[33][34][35][36] and on April 16, 2018, parents of two other victims of the shooting sued Jones for $1 million each.[37]

post 55 and 56

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-17-2019)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

he still has the complete devotion of the republican party voters
    No, not complete.

Trump actually has several Republicans running against him for the 2020 Republican nomination. I am not trying to say this represents a large proportion of Republican voters, but there are some who are not aligned with the President (Romney, Collins, Murkowski) and that means he does not have the 'complete' support of Republican voters.

Just being realistic.

Realistic is more likely to offer a true assessment of American politics.

Fooling ourselves does not lead to good understanding or decision-making.

If we want to truly understand American politics we have to be vigilant to the pitfalls of falling for spin.

Republicans are very weak about falling for spin. Let's make sure we don't.

Let us stay strong and devoted to truth, justice and the American way.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

'Complete' = 100%.

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

No, not complete.

Trump actually has several Republicans running against him for the 2020 Republican nomination. I am not trying to say this represents a large proportion of Republican voters, but there are some who are not aligned with the President (Romney, Collins, Murkowski) and that means he does not have the 'complete' support of Republican voters.

Just being realistic.

Realistic is more likely to offer a true assessment of American politics.

Fooling ourselves does not lead to good understanding or decision-making.

If we want to truly understand American politics we have to be vigilant to the pitfalls of falling for spin.

Republicans are very weak about falling for spin. Let's make sure we don't.

Let us stay strong and devoted to truth, justice and the American way.
    Actually there are not several Reds running. Some are discussing it. The Repubs do not permit outliers. I do not think Sanford and the others will be allowed to actually run. There will be no debates.
    There are many people testifying against Trump in the impeachment investigation. That does not say a thing about the party at large. They are sitting on the "candidates".

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No, you get pissed when your brain dead stupidity gets shoved back into your low IQ mug. You can scream and flail all you want dumb fuck; but we still do not live in the lawless, Fascistic Third world shit hole you morons on the left would like to turn us into.

The guy has a right to be a moron. The CONSTITUTION; read it asshat.
    Evince hates the US Constitution, she loves the Russian version.