Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Debate

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Toolmaking is becoming a lost art, they all think inserts are the norm and they don't teach it in schools anymore.
    How the fuck would you know? You've been out of the workforce since forever, and it's been decades since you had any education or training.

You don't know shit.

There's a reason you had to exaggerate your character's backstory on these boards.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,623 Times in 11,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Before I retired, I conducted interviews for our machine shop. We had both manual machines and a few CNC's. A few of the younger "college educated" ones could program the CNC's but had no clue how to set up and run a manual machine, much less make (for example) a threading tool. Toolmaking is becoming a lost art, they all think inserts are the norm and they don't teach it in schools anymore.
    My step father was a master machinist in fact some of the things he made are sitting on the moon as we speak.

3. #363 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    This sounds all made up to me.

You've already exaggerated your character's backstory on this very thread, so I can't really believe anything more you say about yourself.
    Of course it sounds made up, you've never accomplished anything in your pathetic and worthless life. You have no understanding that people can work hard and make something of themselves because you've never tried to accomplish anything but suck on the gov't's teat. Not everyone is a loser like you.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-22-2019)

5. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course it sounds made up, you've never accomplished anything in your pathetic and worthless life. You have no understanding that people can work hard and make something of themselves because you've never tried to accomplish anything but suck on the gov't's teat. Not everyone is a loser like you.
    You say this as you sit on your fat ass and collect Social Security that you didn't earn.

6. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have to literally make shit up about yourself to lend your argument more credibility than it actually has on an anonymous message board.

Sad.

7. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    My step father was a master machinist in fact some of the things he made are sitting on the moon as we speak.
    This younger generation doesn't have a clue how good those older master machinists were. I was pretty damn good because I always tried to learn from them every chance I got, but many of them took a lot of knowledge with them to their graves.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-22-2019), Truth Detector (10-22-2019)

9. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

LV426 you talk more $hit about people you don't know than anybody else on the board.

I'm not sure if its insecurity on your part or just you're a miserable old fu@k,
    either way it comes off as making you look like someone with no redeeming thoughts beyond insults, you're not someone anyone would want as an acquaintance.

the man said he was retired and had a prosperous career beforehand, how can you possibly know otherwise, it sounds like your deflecting your own miserable existence to be honest
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Callinectes (10-22-2019), Eagle_Eye (10-22-2019), RB 60 (10-22-2019), Truth Detector (10-22-2019)

11. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    ^^Further evidence of the massive failure of our educational establishment.

First and foremost; NOTHING is free. There is a cost to EVERYTHING. Be it actual cost or opportunity costs.

Secondly; if the Government starts PAYING for your healthcare, YOU will be paying for it with much HIGHER taxes AND less services and longer wait times. Those are basic FACTS that are irrefutable.

Lastly; NO ONE will see an increase in pay because the MORONS in the Party of the Jackass will assess a massive increase in Corporate taxes to pay for all this wonderful bullshit the Party of the Jackass dishes out to willful idiots like you and YOU, the buyer of goods and services will pay even MORE.

Carry on dipshit.
    would you agree that insurance companies, being between buyer and seller, stop true market based price discovery?

12. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    would you agree that insurance companies, being between buyer and seller, stop true market based price discovery?
    I would disagree. There is nothing preventing the buyer from discovering the price of insurance when given a lot to choose from. There is nothing preventing competition if not for Obamacare's attempt to do just that.

There is nothing to prevent a buyer from discovering the actuarial tables used to determine insurance pricing. Expecting Government to solve anything is moronic. Believing that insurance costs would be cheaper under Government control is moronic.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 3,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Goodbye gfm7175,
    Goodbye PoliTalker,

Too bad you spent all that time writing out so many detailed responses to every point.
    It only took me a few minutes to write that post out. This one won't take any longer than that. And I don't make posts solely for the person who I am posting to; they are for all to see and potentially engage with. That's how a discussion forum works.

I'll read none of it.
    Fine by me.

The main thing I was interested in seeing was how you would handle the situation where you have taken it upon yourself to tell me how I think.
    I wasn't speaking for you; I was speaking for myself. I speak for myself when I say that you wish to be a slave to the federal government. That's what the positions that you have taken on many issues has told me about you.

I told you that is unacceptable, that I must be allowed to think for myself.
    You ARE allowed to think for yourself. The right to have and form an opinion is an inherent right.

You are not to write my posts.
    I didn't write any of your posts.

There is no point in us having a conversation if you are writing both parts.
    I didn't.

It's actually a bit creepy. And totally disrespectful of the person you are making things up about.
    I did no such thing.

This is what I actually said, not what you posted above and attributed to me:
    I deleted the irrelevant section and typed in an explanation of why I deleted it. I deleted it because it was whining about yourself being a victim.

Since you have not addressed this matter which obviously is very important to me in a manner of mutual respect, but instead have basically blown me off, I can take that no other way than doubling down.
    I dismissed it as "I'm a victim" whining. It had nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Which is certainly your prerogative, but I don't have to put up with it.
    Correct.

I've enjoyed our past conversations, but they are concluded now.
    Okay.

Feel free to write all you like.
    Trust me, I will.

Respond to every phrase you disagree with,
    That's what I'm currently doing right now...

it won't matter.
    Yes it will. Others will at least get a laugh out of your whining...

It will be like talking to a brick wall.
    No it won't. There are other people who sift through this forum other than you. They will see my posts. They will read them. They will potentially respond to them if they feel like doing so.

I'll not respond again, ever.
    Okay. Sounds like you are banning yourself. Fine by me.

I'll not post to your threads,
    See above.

which is no big loss anyway, really, because most of them are disrespectfully stolen threads that I refuse to participate in out of respect for original authors of threads anyway.
    If I wish to participate in a particular thread that has me banned, I will create a parallel thread and express my opinions inside that thread instead. I will indeed bring threads out of the kiddie pool and open them up for ANYONE to discuss, since I am a supporter of allowing everyone to speak freely.

I'll not read your posts even when quoted by others.
    Fine by me.

You are now considered not worthy of replying to. And with your little act of defiance, you become the latest example showing that I mean every word I say in my Signature PIP. You mouth off to me and we are done. So that's it.
    Good for you, you little victim you!!

It's a shame the internet is so full of people who don't know how to communicate with basic mutual respect, but that certainly is the case, so it is only logical that the discerning poster will have a large Ignore List. Welcome to mine.
    Have fun banning yourself. Why do the libtards on here make such a big deal out of their ignore list and who is on it?? (that's a rhetorical question btw)

And as far as being on my Friends List? Poof. You are unfriended. Unworthy of it.
    Fine by me.

I'm sorry it has to end this way. It would not be my choice, but I must have my standards. Have a good life. This communication has ended.
    Okay. You have officially banned yourself. I get it. Goodbye.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-22-2019)

15. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    LV426 you talk more $hit about people you don't know than anybody else on the board.
    You're the ones who come on this board with questionable character backstories, exaggerated and inflated for the purpose of lending your weak arguments credibility they don't otherwise have.

You're a bunch of phonies.

16. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not sure if its insecurity on your part or just you're a miserable old fu@k,
    either way it comes off as making you look like someone with no redeeming thoughts beyond insults, you're not someone anyone would want as an acquaintance.
    You all come on anonymous message boards and lie about yourselves because you know there's no way to validate any of the wild claims you make.

So boards like JPP offer you the greatest opportunity to posture and pose as someone and something you're not, and never will be.

That's why you do what you do here.

17. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the man said he was retired and had a prosperous career beforehand, how can you possibly know otherwise, it sounds like your deflecting your own miserable existence to be honest
    How can you possibly know he's telling the truth?

He refuses to validate any of the personal claims he makes here, and relies on them to lend his argument credibility he doesn't have when it comes to the facts.

Merely saying you are something on the internet doesn't automatically make it so. That's what you losers don't seem to grasp.

18. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Look how whiny and bitchy you get when I refuse to accept the obviously fake and embellished personal backstories y'all use as the basis of your credibility.

It's a lame crutch you use because you know there's no way to verify any of it on anonymous message boards.

So that's why you come here and post here; there's no accountability for lying and you can pretend to be whomever you want.

In your case, pretending to be human when you're just trash.

19. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Why not both?

So then you don't know shit. So when you said "as a machinist" or "toolmaker", you were exaggerating because you're neither of those things.

So why do you feel compelled to lie and exaggerate about yourself on the internet?
    So, because I'm retired, I no longer have the knowledge I've acquired over the last 38+ years of hands on machine work?
    I've made and repaired threaded cams on a f***ing engine lathe, and made the finishing tooling. Don't tell me I don't know shit.