Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: earnings beat expectations - jumps DOW

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Because it isn't a pathetic 1.4% like Obamunism. DUH!

"Caught the wave" The new idiot talking point from the low IQ left.
    Now for a little reality for "truthie," (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/), Trumps growth rate don't look a whole lot different than Obama's, and Trump didn't have a historical recession

And the wave is true, do you need more economic statistics to prove you wrong?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Because it isn't a pathetic 1.4% like Obamunism. DUH!

"Caught the wave" The new idiot talking point from the low IQ left.
    Now for a little reality for "truthie," (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/), Trumps growth rate don't look a whole lot different than Obama's, and Trump didn't have a historical recession

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Since the start of the Russia Tax Cut, the DJIA has grown less than 9% in 21 months, the worst performance since the Great Bush Recession.

DJIA 1/2/18: 24,824.01
    DJIA today: 27,024.80
    +2,200.79
    +8%
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Which is the purpose to the Fed, to monitor and adjust the amount of money in circulation, which doesn't mean, as Glenn Beck would say, they just print money
    the purpose of the Fed is to artificially inflate the stock market with easy money policies while boosting inequality? Because if it isn't that's what they are doing. But its crickets from everyone because most of us (myself included) don't understand it and thus we credit/blame the President instead.

(and I have no idea what Glen Beck has to do with anything)

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama's average annual GDP was 1.4%. For EIGHT years. Trump is running at 2.62% annually. I would say that is a VAST improvement arsecheese. You don't deal in facts, you dishonest hack, you deal in fantasy and lies.

2017 2018 2019
    Q1 2.3% 2.5% 3.1%
    Q2 2.2% 3.5% 2.0%
    Q3 3.2% 2.9%
    Q4 3.5% 1.1%
    Avg 2.8% 2.5% 2.55%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...gdp-in-the-us/
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 10-15-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

dukkha (10-15-2019)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trumps growth rate don't look a whole lot different than Obama's, and Trump didn't have a historical recession
    There you go with that moronic "historical recession" meme. Obama and willful dupes like you declared that he was going to pull us out of the recession by spending the US tax payer into 9.6 trillion additional debt.

What did we get for it? A measly annual growth of 1.4% GDP. Sorry you dishonest hack, but you can't put lipstick on that Obama pig no matter how much you lie, cry and flail.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    No disrespect man but you are wrong. The Fed is by far the biggest driver of the stock market. Most of us don't understand monetary policy and the Feds role. We just don't. Go do one of those interview on the street things and I'm willing to bet 8 out of 10 Americans can't tell you who Jay Powell or Jerome Powell is or know that they are the same person. Yet his rhetoric and actions have more effect on the market than anyone.

Most of us never had to study monetary policy in school nor does it directly affect our day to day jobs as far as we know. So because we don't understand it we equate everything good and bad with the President's policies.

The markets this past decade have been driven by multiple rounds of QE and the Fed's easy money policy. It's why the market has soared even though the economic recovery has been weak. Market growth isn't being driven by economic fundamentals it's being driven by monetary policy.
    i did mention the DOW correlates? ( as in a "good or bad" economy?
    But i'm not restricting my concerns to markets, it's also the good paying jobs, wage growth around 3%
    ( and better for lower income percentiles) along with growth.

In fact I can't think of ANY SECTOR of the economy that didn't boom under Trump, and still hold those gains

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-15-2019)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Since the start of the Russia Tax Cut, the DJIA has grown less than 9% in 21 months, the worst performance since the Great Bush Recession.

DJIA 1/2/18: 24,824.01
    DJIA today: 27,024.80
    +2,200.79
    +8%
    There goes the dishonest lying dumb fuck again. Only wanting to measure the DOW from one point.

But the FACTS are clear, under Trump, the DOW has climbed an amazing 7,198 points in a mere two and a half years.

If we measure Obamunism from the previous all time high of 14,093; he only got us 5,734 in EIGHT years. 7,198 is greater than 5,734

Averaging it out: Obama = 717 points a year. Trump = 2,879 points a year. 2,879 is much greater than 717.

You're such a clueless moron.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    i did mention the DOW correlates? ( as in a "good or bad" economy?
    But i'm not restricting my concerns to markets, it's also the good paying jobs, wage growth around 3%
    ( and better for lower income percentiles) along with growth.

In fact I can't think of ANY SECTOR of the economy that didn't boom under Trump, and still hold those gains
    The performance of the economy over the past decade has not supported the performance of the stock market. Again, the driver has been the Fed. Investors care about money. When making economic decisions they aren't being partisan. Political partisans, like folks on this board, get emotionally attached to a President/candidate or whomever and thus want to credit them with everything. The same goes for those who don't like someone and want to discredit them.

We see it over and over and over. People support an act when it's a person they like doing it and don't support the same act when it's a person they don't like does it. That's why nothing changes. I know you strongly support Trump and want to paint him in the best light possible. There are those who strongly dislike him and want to do the opposite. But everyone misses the forest for the trees by ignoring monetary policy and we all get screwed (well I take that back, the well to do do quite well in such an environment).

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know you strongly support Trump and want to paint him in the best light possible. There are those who strongly dislike him and want to do the opposite.
    Those who support Trump support the truth. Those who strongly dislike them wallow in lies and distortions about the man. Those are FACTS.

But everyone misses the forest for the trees by ignoring monetary policy and we all get screwed (well I take that back, the well to do do quite well in such an environment).
    Presidents and support for those Presidents has NOTHING to do with monetary policy. Monetary policy follows economic policy. Trump is doing a far better job on that front than Obama could ever hope for.

The idiots on the left want to pretend that things are no different than the eight years of Obama malaise. They are dishonest and lying hacks.