Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There Should Be No Columbus Day. The Man Was A Ruthless Villian And A Thief.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,538 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Navy to Name Ship After Gay Rights Activist Harvey Milk

San Francisco airport terminal renamed for LGBTQ icon Harvey Milk

Harvey Milk Was An ‘Evil Man’ Who Raped Teenage Boys

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harve...ber-_n_4117311

Left is just fine naming stuff after this sick child molestor

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (10-14-2019), Earl (10-15-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Plenty of native tribes lined up with Hernan Cortes to march on and defeat the Aztecs.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

10 Things People Get Wrong About Columbus

Myth #2: The Indians lived in peace and harmony, ruined by Columbus and his fellow Europeans.
    History tells us otherwise. War, slavery, cannibalism, and sexual immorality were all common practices among the Indians. As the Spanish would later find out, human sacrifice and infanticide were the norm among other Indians, like the Aztecs. The Aztecs slaughtered upwards of 20,000 in a single day sacrificing many of their enemies by removing their still-beating hearts.

https://tfpstudentaction.org/blog/ch...s-myth-vs-fact

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day....slaughtered upwards of 20,000 in a single day! Lets Party

5. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

dukkha (10-14-2019)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    What did Al Capone contribute to the development of Western Civilization?
    He made crime pay. Trouble was he forgot to pay his taxes.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    There Should Be No Columbus Day. The Man Was A Ruthless Villian And A Thief.

"Let’s face it. He was not a good guy, but my role as a teacher was to facilitate discovery and allow students to form their own opinions. Sometimes it is hard to just do that and not inject our own views. I know that tide is changing. A teacher I discussed this with said his students still debate it. Some teach him as a straight up villain. Others choose to ignore him and focus on other historical figures like Amerigo Vespucci.

I understand any view of teaching Columbus in school. But, the reality is: we shouldn’t ignore him. His arrival in the Americas is important. This event started a tidal wave of change, exploration, conquest, and colonial domination that would change the world. Students must understand that. Debating teaches students the important skill of perspective: having to defend the actions of someone they consider a villain stretches students’ critical thinking.

I think the days of coloring pictures of ships, singing little songs, and doing other fun projects on Columbus Day are gone – as well they should be. Should there be a holiday? No. Let it just be a part of Fall Break. Should we ignore Columbus? Absolutely not. We have to teach the positive and negative parts of history no matter what."

I think teaching that he was a villian is correct.

Say No To Columbus Day
    We up here in Anishinaabe'aki are pleased that our governor proclaimed Michigan one of the states that honors Indigenous Peoples Day.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...9813--,00.html
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cinnabar (10-15-2019), PoliTalker (10-15-2019)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Navy to Name Ship After Gay Rights Activist Harvey Milk

San Francisco airport terminal renamed for LGBTQ icon Harvey Milk

Harvey Milk Was An ‘Evil Man’ Who Raped Teenage Boys

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/harve...ber-_n_4117311

Left is just fine naming stuff after this sick child molestor
    Wow, you are REALLY having a bad day, aren't you? States changing Col. Day to Indigenous Peoples Day. Toadstool circling the toilet. Ships being named for famous LGBT people. White cop arrested and charged with murdering a black woman in her home.

Just not a good time to be a toothless drooling old white male Trumphumper, is it?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cinnabar (10-15-2019), Cypress (10-14-2019)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Columbus wasn't nearly as bad as the media makes him out to be.
    This isn't part of the video, but the reason he's demonized so much is because the Jewish media is trying to make the Western World less white.
    I think he is being rightly portrayed from the sound of it. The recent discovery of the the report of his brutality confirms it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (10-15-2019)

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

"Let’s face it. He was not a good guy, but my role as a teacher was to facilitate discovery and allow students to form their own opinions. Sometimes it is hard to just do that and not inject our own views. I know that tide is changing. A teacher I discussed this with said his students still debate it. Some teach him as a straight up villain. Others choose to ignore him and focus on other historical figures like Amerigo Vespucci.

I understand any view of teaching Columbus in school. But, the reality is: we shouldn’t ignore him. His arrival in the Americas is important. This event started a tidal wave of change, exploration, conquest, and colonial domination that would change the world. Students must understand that. Debating teaches students the important skill of perspective: having to defend the actions of someone they consider a villain stretches students’ critical thinking.

I think the days of coloring pictures of ships, singing little songs, and doing other fun projects on Columbus Day are gone – as well they should be. Should there be a holiday? No. Let it just be a part of Fall Break. Should we ignore Columbus? Absolutely not. We have to teach the positive and negative parts of history no matter what."

Say No To Columbus Day
    I'll make a deal with you and the native Americans that believe like you. I'll support taking Columbus Day off the calendar when every person of native American heritage, including 1/1024 Elizabeth Warren, start living exactly like their ancestors did prior to European exploration.

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello StoneByStone,

I think he is being rightly portrayed from the sound of it. The recent discovery of the the report of his brutality confirms it.
    The world was a very brutal place in his day lol.

Still is, in many parts of the world. My only problem with giving Columbus ‘a full view’ is the indigenous won’t get theirs in equal measure. The black slave trade never gets the ‘full view’ for the same reasons. There are college educated people who think [because they were basically indoctrinated] that white Europeans invented it.

The historical facts are that white Europeans took part in it for a time—then they put a stop to it. And in this country it was stopped at the cost of many thousand white lives in a bloody civil war.

Other than that, ‘teach’ away on Columbus.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We up here in Anishinaabe'aki are pleased that our governor proclaimed Michigan one of the states that honors Indigenous Peoples Day.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...9813--,00.html
    THAT'S FABULOUS!!!

Thanks for that post.

I had never heard of IPD.

I shall be honoring it henceforth.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (10-15-2019)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-15-2019)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Say No To Columbus Day
    Go get'em social justice warrior.....its not like the indigenous folk of North America did not steal the land they possessed from others. Suggestion: Why not hand your property over to its rightful owners...that is YOUR PARENTS property, as I do not think they would enjoy you giving their basement or bedroom away in order to seek the accolade of the other snowflake titty suckers.

Long before the war criminal Columbus arrived on the scene both North and South America were battlegrounds...fighting over hunting and property rights.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (10-15-2019)

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The world was a very brutal place in his day lol.

Still is, in many parts of the world. My only problem with giving Columbus ‘a full view’ is the indigenous won’t get theirs in equal measure. The black slave trade never gets the ‘full view’ for the same reasons. There are college educated people who think [because they were basically indoctrinated] that white Europeans invented it.

The historical facts are that white Europeans took part in it for a time—then they put a stop to it. And in this country it was stopped at the cost of many thousand white lives in a bloody civil war.

Other than that, ‘teach’ away on Columbus.
    I am still learning. Always will be.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (10-15-2019)

22. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    In the land of the retarded the half wit is king?
    I am certain you rule your trailer park.

23. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    10 Things People Get Wrong About Columbus

Myth #2: The Indians lived in peace and harmony, ruined by Columbus and his fellow Europeans.
    History tells us otherwise. War, slavery, cannibalism, and sexual immorality were all common practices among the Indians. As the Spanish would later find out, human sacrifice and infanticide were the norm among other Indians, like the Aztecs. The Aztecs slaughtered upwards of 20,000 in a single day sacrificing many of their enemies by removing their still-beating hearts.

https://tfpstudentaction.org/blog/ch...s-myth-vs-fact

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day....slaughtered upwards of 20,000 in a single day! Lets Party
    You said wrong about Columbus and told about the Indians. Never mentioned Columbus and his brutality and slavery.
    That would not be a Columbus fact, but a dishonest one about Indians.

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,567 Times in 17,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I am still learning. Always will be.
    When will you be giving your home and land to the indigenous people, Snowflake?