Thread: School lunch shaming will now be against the law in California

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Throw money at a behavior and you will get more of it. Guar-on-teed.
    BOOM!!!! I don't know why these leftist morons can't comprehend the obvious. Maybe it's because they are ...... morons?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (10-14-2019)

3. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    E-8’s ...and O-3’s and their dependants are given benefits commensurate with their service. It’s not free.

My oldest brother was in Europe at age 16 in a student exchange program. French parents and American parents swapped room and board costs. Nothing free.

The BOQ were probably a bit above average but not the enlisted men’s quarters.

An enlisted man should know that most of the Military earn their modest income and benefits...many with their lives.

Refute the argument that enabling irresponsible parents who won’t support their families is wrong and that it encourages and results in more of it.
    First off Earl you are completely mistaken! All enlisted and officer ranks eligible to live off base or family housing gets a basic allowance for quarters that varies by location. If one lives in family housing they forfeit that allowance. So yes shirley it is free and includes all utilities!
    I honestly don't understand why you would think you know more about pay and benefits than someone who served 24 years.

My oldest brother was in Europe at age 16 in a student exchange program. French parents and American parents swapped room and board costs. Nothing free
    What does that have to do with the military? Sure if they are exchange students that is a different subject.

No one is talking about irresponsible people. Why are you on the band wagon wanting to punish children for the action of their parents? Go after the dead beats not their kids.

4. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    BOOM!!!! I don't know why these leftist morons can't comprehend the obvious. Maybe it's because they are ...... morons?
    It’s their constituency, TD...just about their only constituency these days.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-14-2019), Truth Detector (10-14-2019)

6. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    First off Earl you are completely mistaken! All enlisted and officer ranks eligible to live off base or family housing gets a basic allowance for quarters that varies by location. If one lives in family housing they forfeit that allowance. So yes shirley it is free and includes all utilities!
    I honestly don't understand why you would think you know more about pay and benefits than someone who served 24 years.
    Served? You don't know the difference between a Post and a Base.

You're bloviating ignorantly about something I never said. I was living ALONE as a CIVILIAN overseas; not as a dependent you dumbshit.

What does that have to do with the military? Sure if they are exchange students that is a different subject.

No one is talking about irresponsible people.
    Yes, we are. What do you think not being able to feed your own chlid is about dimwitted wonder dunce.

Why are you on the band wagon wanting to punish children for the action of their parents? Go after the dead beats not their kids.
    There you go with that asinine lie and leftist narrative again. Scarecrows love their strawmen.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

7. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It’s their constituency, TD...just about their only constituency these days.
    Apparently, Eagle-Eye is their constituency.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (10-14-2019)

9. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    We need to find an actual way to weed out the abusers.....
    Like Medicare, Medicaid and the rest of the system fraud, there is no way and no incentive to do so. The gubmint will not go out of business because they get their money by stealing. No motivation for quality and no incentive is why their services and products are crap.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

anonymoose (10-14-2019), Earl (10-14-2019), TOP (10-14-2019)

11. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

G

No one is talking about irresponsible people. Why are you on the band wagon wanting to punish children for the action of their parents? Go after the dead beats not their kids.
    I know about BOQ, separate quarters allowance, food allowance. I was in the AF for 8 years and those allowances are for services rendered, they are not free. I lived on the economy for 3 years in Seville, Spain. Some pay with long separations from their families and death. It is not free.

Your post:
    “Oh Europe at 18 sounds like the US military, free room and board, free medical, reasonable pay.”
    Not all 18 year olds in Europe are in the military, that’s why I mentioned exchange students.

No one on this thread has advocated for punishing children. The only thing that I have posted concerns the irresponsible parents who have children that they can’t support.

The left supports irresponsible behavior by parents and it results in more irresponsible behavior. Always.
    Last edited by Earl; 10-14-2019 at 12:48 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-14-2019), TOP (10-14-2019)

13. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

G

I know about BOQ, separate quarters allowance, food allowance. I was in the AF for 8 years and those allowances are for services rendered, they are not free. I lived on the economy for 3 years in Seville, Spain. Some pay with long separations from their families and death. It is not free.
    Thanks for your service!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (10-14-2019), TOP (10-14-2019)

15. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

G

That is a benefit as a part of service. Looking at it from that perspective then yes I agree. But when I was overseas unaccompanied the AF paid for my quarters along with covering my family's quarters. So comparing that perk to the civilian world it can be considered free as it is not taxable compensation.

16. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is a benefit as a part of service. Looking at it from that perspective then yes I agree. But when I was overseas unaccompanied the AF paid for my quarters along with covering my family's quarters. So comparing that perk to the civilian world it can be considered free as it is not taxable compensation.
    When I was on active duty, only E-5's and above were authorized separate quarters...and separate food allowance. That may have changed and it is not free just because it isn't taxable. It's part of the total compensation package for enlisted and Commissioned officers for services rendered.

The thrust of this thread appears to have been lost...that parents who have children that they can not provide food for are abusing their children and are totally irresponsible. Rewarding bad behavior results in more bad behavior. Every time.

Parents are responsible for their own children...that includes illegals (non-citizens) too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (10-14-2019)

18. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The thrust of this thread appears to have been lost...that parents who have children that they can not provide food for are abusing their children and are totally irresponsible. Rewarding bad behavior results in more bad behavior. Every time.

Parents are responsible for their own children...that includes illegals (non-citizens) too.
    And Bingo was his name-o.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (10-15-2019), TOP (10-14-2019)

20. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When I was on active duty, only E-5's and above were authorized separate quarters...and separate food allowance. That may have changed and it is not free just because it isn't taxable. It's part of the total compensation package for enlisted and Commissioned officers for services rendered.

When were you in? I joined in 65 married 66 as an E-2 and got quarters, plus rats.

When did conservatives decide it's fashionable to punish the children of cheaters?
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 10-14-2019 at 02:38 PM.

21. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,497 Times in 7,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    https://www.wlwt.com/article/school-...nia-1/29450743

read this and then comment.

You seriously want little kids emotionally scarred for want of $40 in a food account? You want them malnourished?
    The fiscal impact of paying for school lunches for poor parent's kids has got to be nil. And you, sitting judgment
    in tumbleweed connection in Kansas have a problem if OUR duly elected governor and legislature decide NOT
    to be assholes? You think that is any of your business. You want to dictate ASSHOLENESS for California? Die quickly,
    deplorable Trumptards.
    Any kid that gets bread and cheese for lunch shows to me their parents are too lazy to care for their kid more than not being able to afford the lunch. What's stopping them from packing a lunch box with food they got with food stamps?
    BTW, eat shit and die.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 10-14-2019 at 04:19 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (10-15-2019), Life is Golden (10-14-2019)

23. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Any kid that gets bread and cheese for lunch shows to me their parents are too lazy to care for their kid more than not being able to afford the lunch. What's stopping them from packing a lunch box with food they got with food stamps?
    BTW, eat shit and die.
    Sounds like Micabwer is one of those parents behind on payments......

24. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    https://www.wlwt.com/article/school-...nia-1/29450743

read this and then comment.

You seriously want little kids emotionally scarred for want of $40 in a food account? You want them malnourished?
    The fiscal impact of paying for school lunches for poor parent's kids has got to be nil. And you, sitting judgment
    in tumbleweed connection in Kansas have a problem if OUR duly elected governor and legislature decide NOT
    to be assholes? You think that is any of your business. You want to dictate ASSHOLENESS for California? Die quickly,
    deplorable Trumptards.
    Jimmy crack corn............

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (10-15-2019)