Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giddy up

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Dad and I watched baseball together. And listened to big band music. Before he met my mom, he was one kick ass musician. I inherited his tenor sax. Now, my son has it. That old horn is probably pushing 100 years now.
    How great to have that saxophone. Do you or your son play? Either way, what a nice thing to pass down. My father was an avid coin and stamp collector and I have the dilemma of having to decide what to do with the collections after I get around to having them appraised. My nephew who is my Dad's only grandson means well and loved his grandpa very much but he is not very responsible with things and I would hate to have these collections not secured and protected as they meant so much to my father...and of course to me because they were his. I'm starting to think that if I sell the collections to another collector at least they will be appreciated and taken care of when I am not around. Not sure what to do.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    How great to have that saxophone. Do you or your son play? Either way, what a nice thing to pass down. My father was an avid coin and stamp collector and I have the dilemma of having to decide what to do with the collections after I get around to having them appraised. My nephew who is my Dad's only grandson means well and loved his grandpa very much but he is not very responsible with things and I would hate to have these collections not secured and protected as they meant so much to my father...and of course to me because they were his. I'm starting to think that if I sell the collections to another collector at least they will be appreciated and taken care of when I am not around. Not sure what to do.
    When Dad died, I think he had 6,7 or 8 saxophones on stands in his living room. We dispersed all of them to the family. Don’t know where they all actually went. I think my son has Dad’s tenor and my alto from HS and college.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Good for you.

I was lucky enough to help my parents, too. Held their hands as they took their last breath

Good family story. I always made martinis that my dad loved. I usually made them a week in advance and put them in his fridge so he could have them during the week. When he died, we found one leftover martini in the fridge. Drank it in his honor

I am lucky enough to be able to walk blindfolded to my parents, grandparents, great grandparents and even my great great grandparents gravesites and take care of them. I know their stories as well.

Memorial day is a really long day in this household. We take care of my wife’s side of the family, too. People I never met.

BTW, the Orange Glo stuff is the best. Really polishes up things nicely
    Nobody cares

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dad and I watched baseball together. And listened to big band music. Before he met my mom, he was one kick ass musician. I inherited his tenor sax. Now, my son has it. That old horn is probably pushing 100 years now.
    Nobody cares

If you want to wax poetic about your abusive father do it somewhere else liar

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Translation: you want the money for them

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,708 Times in 27,341 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Just to give perspective, we live in a house that has about 3,600 sq feet with maybe an acre+ of land and a large barn. A good portion of it still isn't finished though and is just enclosed space.
    Kudos for taking care of Mom . As long as you have self-respect and dignity the failed attempts at cruel insults by right wing sociopaths trot out are of no consequence

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Nobody cares

If you want to wax poetic about your abusive father do it somewhere else liar
    The truth is he doesn't know who his dad is.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Kudos for taking care of Mom . As long as you have self-respect and dignity the failed attempts at cruel insults by right wing sociopaths trot out are of no consequence
    Don’t let the pussy fool you. His mom is taking care of him

He is on disability and is constantly complaining about one ailment or another.

He lives with her because he has to not because he is making some sacrifice