Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weed Breathalyzers

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You really live in San Francisco? and you are asking how can you tell if a person is high? offer them a brownie and that would help you out. Very disappointed in you "cawacko"
    LOL, touché. Well we all walk around with a certain level of contact high here because you can’t escape it.

I know what people who are high high look like just as I know what really drunk people look like. But there are folks who drink and you can’t really tell. I was asking more in that context vis a vis weed. Basically if someone smoked but wasn’t so stoned out of their mind that it’s blatantly obvious.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Wow. I heard so many stoner stories from guys who were in VN. Guess they are cracking down on drug abuse now?
    The US military does not condone drug use of any kind. I don't know if it was a result of Nam or not but they are serious while I was in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-11-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    The US military does not condone drug use of any kind. I don't know if it was a result of Nam or not but they are serious while I was in.
    That's good, impaired soldiers are not a good thing for either themselves or their fellow fighters.

The younger of my two brothers served during the VN era, but was stationed in South Korea. He said that after hours most of them stayed drunk. He hated drugs of any kind (even legal ones) so he didn't partake of anything other than beer, but he said lots of other guys did. My other brother was in the Guard for six years stateside. He said drinking and illegal stuff wasn't as big of a thing for them.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I don't think there is a Weedalyzer!

Just based on a resent report from the Texas Department Of Public Safety.

Texas just passed the legalization of Hemp (Not Marijuana) for medical purposes in our last state election. But shortly thereafter, the TDPS released a report that admitted there was no such THC-detection apparatus available to be used in the field that could be used to tell the difference between Hemp and Marijuana, and so therefore, it left them in a pickle.

The report went on to say that some police departments do have that kind of laboratory equipment available at their stations, but it would be another year or more before something like that would be available to be used in the field.

So, for the next year, if you get pulled over while smoking a doob in Texas, just tell the officer- "It's Hemp Man- H E M P Hemp!

LOL!

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    LOL, touché. Well we all walk around with a certain level of contact high here because you can’t escape it.

I know what people who are high high look like just as I know what really drunk people look like. But there are folks who drink and you can’t really tell. I was asking more in that context vis a vis weed. Basically if someone smoked but wasn’t so stoned out of their mind that it’s blatantly obvious.
    If they smoked it, an officer could smell it on them, and there's your probable cause. But you're right; you can't always tell esp. if the person uses frequently.

Perfect California excuse: "Oh, these red eyes, Officer? That's from the smog/wildfire smoke." lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Oh, you mean like Willie Nelson high