Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    If you feel like helping her out and can swing it, why not? 'Helping' doesn't imply" Will Foot The Entire Bill" in a legal sense, either. Is your Ex a Psycho Mom? I've helped some people out I'm not related to and don't feel like a sucker, but others' results may vary.
    Nice post, Chuck. I feel the same way about his situation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven VanderMolen For This Post:

Chuck (10-11-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Nice post, Chuck. I feel the same way about his situation.
    I've had help from people, and don't mind passing it along. The 'social Darwinists' are mostly liars and sociopaths in real life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

Steven VanderMolen (10-11-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,112 Times in 9,720 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,442 Times in 1,294 Posts
    Blog Entries

you guys are retarded, and trying to make yurt a cuck. He literally has nothing to do with this person. She's a stranger.

I understand if he was around a while as like a stepdad or something. Or even if she was just an estranged child where he left right after she was born or something. Obv in that scenario you could get to know her and maybe help her. That's fine. But... lots of people in this thread have ex girlfriends that moved on with their lives and started families and none of that has anything to do with you. Should everyone start contacting the daugther of all their high school sweethearts? that's basically what you are advocating. Yurt has nothing to do with this woman in any way shape or form. Based on what yurt has said in this thread so far, she's a complete random, and honestly it's not doing anyone any favors if yurt tries to play surrogate dad to this person. I don't know, the whole thing just seems really weird.
    Biography:

Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

Testimonials about my patented system:

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    If you feel like helping her out and can swing it, why not? 'Helping' doesn't imply" Will Foot The Entire Bill" in a legal sense, either. Is your Ex a Psycho Mom? I've helped some people out I'm not related to and don't feel like a sucker, but others' results may vary.
    The ex is irrelevant. The daughter does not even talk with her anymore. According to the daughter, it has been 3 to 4 years.

I appreciate your advice.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by 21 days View Post
    you guys are retarded, and trying to make yurt a cuck. He literally has nothing to do with this person. She's a stranger.

I understand if he was around a while as like a stepdad or something. Or even if she was just an estranged child where he left right after she was born or something. Obv in that scenario you could get to know her and maybe help her. That's fine. But... lots of people in this thread have ex girlfriends that moved on with their lives and started families and none of that has anything to do with you. Should everyone start contacting the daugther of all their high school sweethearts? that's basically what you are advocating. Yurt has nothing to do with this woman in any way shape or form. Based on what yurt has said in this thread so far, she's a complete random, and honestly it's not doing anyone any favors if yurt tries to play surrogate dad to this person. I don't know, the whole thing just seems really weird.
    WTF?

Surrogate dad?

What is wrong with you? Hypothetically I need another kid, who is an adult, so fucking what if I want to help this person related to my past? She knows her mom is not a good person, her father is a massive loser and she comes to me for help.

Am I a loser if I want to help her? Am I loser of I don't want to help her? Should I just ignore her and maybe she becomes a poor loser without anyone helping her?

AGAIN, she has NOT ASKED FOR MONEY, just ADVICE given my education and profession.

If it goes beyond that, I should be concerned.

But at this very point, am I doing wrong!!?

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,798 Times in 16,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,645 Times in 3,465 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    No. But her mom talked about me a lot apparently. I didn't know she existed and I first I didn't care, but then she kept writing and I stupidly thought, well, what if she were my daughter.

I am 99 percent sure she is not mine. And she has never claimed to be mine. And hasn't asked for money. So I am like what the fook!
    Wasn't your wife from Canada?
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 201 Times in 182 Posts

I don't feel comfortable with this.

I think I am going to end it unless someone gives a compelling argument otherwise.
    is she hot?

sorry. I'm ashamed now. im gonna go scourge myself in the weiner.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

"Men think in herds, go mad in herds, but recover their senses one by one." -- Charles Mackay

"AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Wasn't your wife from Canada?
    The fuck is it to you and I didn't say first wife, asshole. I liked you once, fuck you now.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    is she hot?

sorry. I'm ashamed now. im gonna go scourge myself in the weiner.

You are my top 3 favs on this board.

I just wished you post more.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 201 Times in 182 Posts

You are my top 3 favs on this board.

I just wished you post more.
    thanks, man.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

"Men think in herds, go mad in herds, but recover their senses one by one." -- Charles Mackay

"AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,798 Times in 16,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,645 Times in 3,465 Posts
    Blog Entries

The fuck is it to you and I didn't say first wife, asshole. I liked you once, fuck you now.
    Why are getting so butthurt, just asked a simple question? You've only ever mentioned your Canadian wife on here previously. As they say in Merry Olde England, wind yer neck in son!!
    Last edited by Havana Moon; 10-11-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,112 Times in 9,720 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,442 Times in 1,294 Posts
    Blog Entries

WTF?

Surrogate dad?

What is wrong with you? Hypothetically I need another kid, who is an adult, so fucking what if I want to help this person related to my past? She knows her mom is not a good person, her father is a massive loser and she comes to me for help.

Am I a loser if I want to help her? Am I loser of I don't want to help her? Should I just ignore her and maybe she becomes a poor loser without anyone helping her?

AGAIN, she has NOT ASKED FOR MONEY, just ADVICE given my education and profession.

If it goes beyond that, I should be concerned.

But at this very point, am I doing wrong!!?
    well she may get the wrong idea of you. it's really weird, you have nothing to do with her.

why help her as opposed to anyone else, just because she's the daughter of your ex wife? You didn't raise her, you never knew her, she's not your kid. She has no more relation or purpose to you than my college girlfriends kid.

If you just want to help a stranger for no reason other than the goodness and kindness of your heart, sure, go for it. But you wouldn't be doing it to any random woman, and I just don't see how her being the daughter of your ex wife has much to do with you

Also I would normally not be butting in to such a personal thing going on in someones life, but your thread directly solicited peoples opinions on the matter, so that's what mine is.
    Biography:

Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

Testimonials about my patented system:

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,931 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    CO definitely has something wrong with him/her/itself. I think it's a he, but I could be wrong.
    Tap each foot six times.
    Emotions drive wars, not facts.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    thanks, man.
    My totally straight, non gay fantasy, is, we watch The Big Lebowski together. Man. Dude.

Since we will probably never meet, I may watch it, again, tonight, but I will have one for you!

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by 21 days View Post
    well she may get the wrong idea of you. it's really weird, you have nothing to do with her.

why help her as opposed to anyone else, just because she's the daughter of your ex wife? You didn't raise her, you never knew her, she's not your kid. She has no more relation or purpose to you than my college girlfriends kid.

If you just want to help a stranger for no reason other than the goodness and kindness of your heart, sure, go for it. But you wouldn't be doing it to any random woman, and I just don't see how her being the daughter of your ex wife has much to do with you

Also I would normally not be butting in to such a personal thing going on in someones life, but your thread directly solicited peoples opinions on the matter, so that's what mine is.
    Fair point. It is a stupid fantasy on my part. She isn't my daughter and she is using that to likely (I don't know) take advantage of me.

I've thought about it and I'm done with it.

Please close thread.