Thread: "White House says Turkey's Erdogan to visit Nov. 13"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Let's just have war with the despicable guy instead of inviting him to talk.
    How's that bromance and nuclear disarmament with Kim going? Or shouldn't we talk about that?

Hope you got BOB fresh batteries for tonight's rally.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Oh, so now Trump does know more than the Pentagon and even his own intelligence entities on the situation, and you really think the Kurds are going to just give up cause Turkey is supposedly moving too fast for them to counter?

And now you are telling us that the Kurds, who watched Trump abandon them, and are experiencing Turkish bombardment while Trump invites the person responsible for that bombardment as his "guest" to the White House, are going to help out Trump and not come to the aid of their countrymen but rather continue to guard the ISIS prisoners sworn to fight the US?

Hardly a "false premise," rather a likely probability, there was a reason I included a military source as verification

And it is noticeable that you didn't respond to the simple question of Trump inviting to the White House one day after Trump abandons via tweet the Kurds the very person now bombing the Kurds
    How many home runs have the Pentagon and the ‘intelligence agencies’ [something of an oxymoron lately] hit in the Middle East in the last 20 years lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (10-10-2019), Stretch (10-10-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Who’s been telling you it was a problem?

Erdogan is an ally *according to treaty*. If you want to argue Turkey has no business being in NATO I’m all ears.
    Oh, so inviting to the White House as your "guest" the very person who one day after you kiss off an ally is bombing that ally is copacetic? That is a great message to send to the world community, and surely they noticed

Good luck finding another ally for intelligence or actual ground fighting if situations in the Middle East demand such, better yet, finding an ally with Trump promises

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

How many home runs have the Pentagon and the ‘intelligence agencies’ [something of an oxymoron lately] hit in the Middle East in the last 20 years lol?
    What ever it is it is higher than Trump's

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    How's that bromance and nuclear disarmament with Kim going? Or shouldn't we talk about that?

And Trump abandons allies on the bull shit premise of removing troops for their sake but sends troops to the Saudis who butchered a journalist alive and produced the 9/11 hijackers.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, so inviting to the White House as your "guest" the very person who one day after you kiss off an ally is bombing that ally is copacetic? That is a great message to send to the world community, and surely they noticed

Good luck finding another ally for intelligence or actual ground fighting if situations in the Middle East demand such, better yet, finding an ally with Trump promises
    No one in the Middle East is going to turn down military help from the US.

You keep falling back on the boilerplate ‘ally’ thing. If and when it happens the Kurds find us useful, they will welcome us as ‘allies’.

Take it to the bank.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (10-10-2019), Stretch (10-10-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Oh, so now Trump does know more than the Pentagon and even his own intelligence entities on the situation, and you really think the Kurds are going to just give up cause Turkey is supposedly moving too fast for them to counter?
    it wouldn't be the first time the Pentagon endorsed Iraq and Libya.
    They are warhawks -they skew their thinking as such

And now you are telling us that the Kurds, who watched Trump abandon them, and are experiencing Turkish bombardment while Trump invites the person responsible for that bombardment as his "guest" to the White House, are going to help out Trump and not come to the aid of their countrymen but rather continue to guard the ISIS prisoners sworn to fight the US?
    I explained to you the logistics would make it impossible or very difficult/ these are what you don't get while watching expert on TV.
    They talk in general terms of "abandoning the Kurds", but don't drill down to the operational level and game it
    TYey were wrong about "jailbreaks and other crap as well -you would do better thinking things thru for yourself

Hardly a "false premise," rather a likely probability, there was a reason I included a military source as verification
    "military sources" would have us in perpetual deployment.
    Unless you see a step by step war game analysis -at least take it with a jaundiced eye.

And it is noticeable that you didn't respond to the simple question of Trump inviting to the White House one day after Trump abandons via tweet the Kurds the very person now bombing the Kurds
    I'm fine with it. They need to meet up we have lots of mutual concerns, and conflicts to work thru

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And Trump abandons allies on the bull shit premise of removing troops for their sake but sends troops to the Saudis who butchered a journalist alive and produced the 9/11 hijackers.
    I remember when Obama came to the Kurds rescue with all our troops and supplies when they were getting gassed by Assad? The great humanitarian efforts he did were, well, non existent. Never happened. Were you upset then? I was. Am now.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What ever it is it is higher than Trump's
    Trump has yet to make an error lol.

Give us a ballpark figure. How many Home Runs have the ‘experts’ hit in the Middle East?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (10-10-2019)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

we will when we need it if it meets the needs of a potential partner.
    It's called "transactionalism" -or I call it realpolitik.

If it's in a states interest the will do it - if not they wont.
    Hopefully Trumps goal of STAYING THE FUCK OUT OF FOREIGN CIVIL WARS means we wont need them

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (10-10-2019)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

I know! Let's just kill'm all! Yeah...that's it!!!!!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

maintain a war posture always!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (10-10-2019)

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Yep. I've seen the stupid excuses the Trumpanzees are offering now... "Oh, it's just a little way into Syria so they won't kill *that* many of our former allies."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the lefties getting their warmonger on lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (10-10-2019)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the lefties getting their warmonger on lol.
    Yeah I know right? Far cry from what I saw in the 60's. LOL! I just shake my head.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-10-2019)