Thread: Hello

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Former Political Hotwire and Politics Online poster here, just getting back into message boards after a few years doing other stuff, now retired from Electro-Optics and Lasers field. Mostly interested in religion, some science, music, and economics history, and a little politics and foreign policy, though I don't shill for any left or right wing ideological rubbish, I'm a moderate centrist with both conservative and liberal views, depending on the issues, and I have almost no interest in PC memes and the like. A few posters here seem to have made it past puberty with no long term psychological damage, so I signed up; I hope to see the latter around more frequently.
    Welcome aboard. I look forward to debating you, with a few exceptions many here remind me of spoiled teenagers.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    All of these Teflon Dons and Truth Deflectors will all be re-inventing themselves and coming back with new identities after they were all betting their memberships here on Donald Trump not being impeached and betting that Donald Trump is going to win the 2020 election.

Some of Donald Trump's ticks have already realized Donnie's demise and have already created new sock accounts- AND HERE THEY COME!

LOL!
    A good assessment. Although, if a previous Trump supporter were to do that, why would such a poster continue to show support for Trump?

Personally, my posting persona is specifically created to deal with any such circumstance. Ignored posters are free to reinvent themselves, come back with a new identity and try to be civil again. As long as they are I will talk to them. But it's pretty hard for a leopard to change it's spots. That would require an unlikely fundamental personality shift. Sooner or later an outburst will reveal the previous mindset. That is why I don't give much latitude on Ignoring trolls promptly. Get 'em gone on the first digression and that resets the whole scene. They are welcome to try again, but usually the whole scenario just repeats and they are right back where they belong, on my Ignore List.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (10-11-2019)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yep. We've known all along that the Trumpanzees are devoid of principles and honor, most of them.
    No, 'WE' do not 'know' that. That is a fundamental mistake to believe that. I know a lot of Trump supporters who are good people who simply got conned. It's far to easy to divide people into groups of good and bad, and overly simplistic to do so. A very common mistake, but one which prevents better understanding of how our politics works.

I believe it is a self-fooling mistake to think of Trump supporters badly as a matter of course. Yes, there are bad people there. Hillary said as much, described them as worthy to be placed in a 'basket of deplorables.' Even SHE knew that this does not describe all Trump supporters. Labels such as 'Trumpanzee' are self-fooling and dangerous. There are deplorable Trump fans and there are good people who have been conned and refuse to give it up, clinging with all they can to avoid the humility of learning how bad they got conned.

I'm sure though that a few of the hard core ones will remain as they are, carrying the banners of "Witch hunt!" "Most unfair ever!" and "Impeach President Pelosi!"
    I would be pretty surprised if we don't see that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Oh dear, another Liberty U graduate. There are nearly 2 billion followers of Islam on the planet. Just like with Christians, Hindus, Jews, etc. the vast majority of the religion's adherents are apolitical.

If it were a political ideology as you falsely claim, then boards like this would have Muslim representatives arguing in favor of their belief system. Where are they?
    Excellent point.