Thread: Hello

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I already have on several occasions, it’s not my fault you didn’t retain the information, showing your age.
    As expected. We BOTH know what YOUR position is.
    'People under 25 shouldn't have sex, their brains aren't fully developed'.

This was a question for 'Chuck'. He likes 'religion', let's see where he stands.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    As expected. We BOTH know what YOUR position is.
    'People under 25 shouldn't have sex, their brains aren't fully developed'.

This was a question for 'Chuck'. He likes 'religion', let's see where he stands.
    No, you’re lying, once, again.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, you’re lying, once, again.
    No, you are stalling, once again.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, you are stalling, once again.
    Jack, go play with yourself. I’m not doing your bidding. I have explained my position, and you can go look it up yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jack, go play with yourself. I’m not doing your bidding. I have explained my position, and you can go look it up yourself.
    Evasion. Why not clarify your position? Or ... is it because we BOTH KNOW WHAT IT IS.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Evasion. Why not clarify your position? Or ... is it because we BOTH KNOW WHAT IT IS.
    I’m bored with you, good night, do an advanced search and find it yourself.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

You can come here and claim to be a Centrist, or moderate on either side of the aisle, or straddle the knife edge as an independent and be as sincere as possible in viewing both sides of the coin before you speak, IT DON'T MATTER.

The first time you disagree with certain posters about their biased comment, you are going to be thrown in the camp of either a liberal or a Trump Supporter, because there is literally no nuetral ground anymore.

You are either a Leg-Humping Ass-Kissing Trump supporter- or you belong to a class of people known as "Everybody else" who is not.

Because truly- that's all there is anymore. as Trump has divided us and pushed us into a binary political phenomena!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

domer76 (10-10-2019), Jack (10-10-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’m bored with you, good night, do an advanced search and find it yourself.
    You've burned up a lot of ink denying what we both know is true.
    Confession is good for the Soul. (Didn't they teach you that in Catholic School?)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

You've burned up a lot of ink denying what we both know is true.
    Confession is good for the Soul. (Didn't they teach you that in Catholic School?)
    He-he, two lunatic libs, Phanny and Mr. Meoff duking it out. Priceless!

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Welcome aboard!

What about religion interests you? I used to hang out (many years ago) on various discussion platforms and sometimes discuss religion. Not with the idea of changing anyone's mind... more trying to figure out why we believe what we do.
    Thanks, and re religion I'm interested in its historical importance and the revolutionary social impact of Christianity on western development and progress, which in my opinion was an extremely positive one and a much preferred one to where paganism was leading, which was to stagnation and de-evolution, kind of like the so-called 'progressive' times we live in now; I'm an atheist as far as the theological side of it goes, but I have no problems with those who are believers. I'm certain the Gospels and the NT were were true to their time and place, not faked, or forgeries, and the people real as well, I just don't follow the supernatural aspects. I admire many of the Christian writers and intellectuals, especially Thomas of Aquina and Augustine, each for different reasons, for example, and I think it obvious that a lot of later so-called 'Enlightenment' philosophers merely stole from the earlier writers, re such fare as 'natural law' and the like.

Re the OT, I see a definite break in the 'old school' Judaism versus the 'new school' Judaism, i.e. the post-exilic versions, and generally see the 'palestinian' Judaism as the more legitimate over the path Judaism took under Cyrus and the post-exilic versions, which embraced a particularly racist and oppressive bent against those Jews who had remained and weren't exiled. I find it small wonder that several movements had developed by the times of Jesus and the Essenes and Pharisees that would finally collapse that particular path in favor of setting the Christian sect on its way to greatness while the racist dead end continued its decline into unimportant isolationism, despite all its vanity and egotistical posturing. It is the Christian sect that went on to fulfill the prophecies of Moses and Isaiah, and became the 'light unto the world' Judaism was supposed to be but failed to become.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2019)

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Chuck: "Mostly interested in religion, ..."
    Jack: Well, you've met Phantasmal. Here, let me toss out two questions:
    1. Phantasmal believes Muslim students have the Right to bring Prayer Rugs to school, claims it's in the Constitution.
    2. Phantasmal also believes people shouldn't have sex until they are 25, claims their brains aren'y fully developed.

Any thoughts on this from a religious perspective?
    Well, re #1 I don't have a religious perspective, but my educated perspective is that Islam is not a religion, it's much more of a political ideology, a violent and genocidal one, and it's ridiculous to pretend it is protected as such under our Constitution, and re #2 I don't see anything wrong with such an opinion, as we know how harmful early promiscuity is for females and their health, and we know most peoples' cerebral cortex and maturity isn't fully realized until around the age of 25, but I know it won't ever be popular or practiced much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

Jack (10-10-2019)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    You can come here and claim to be a Centrist, or moderate on either side of the aisle, or straddle the knife edge as an independent and be as sincere as possible in viewing both sides of the coin before you speak, IT DON'T MATTER.

The first time you disagree with certain posters about their biased comment, you are going to be thrown in the camp of either a liberal or a Trump Supporter, because there is literally no nuetral ground anymore.

You are either a Leg-Humping Ass-Kissing Trump supporter- or you belong to a class of people known as "Everybody else" who is not.

Because truly- that's all there is anymore. as Trump has divided us and pushed us into a binary political phenomena!

I never feel personally responsible for other peoples' biases and self-delusions.

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I already have on several occasions, it’s not my fault you didn’t retain the information, showing your age.
    Keep in mind that this is attention-whoring ala Toxic so not much point in responding.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I never feel personally responsible for other peoples' biases and self-delusions.
    I don't know anyone who does!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (10-10-2019)

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    It is the Christian sect that went on to fulfill the prophecies of Moses and Isaiah, and became the 'light unto the world' Judaism was supposed to be but failed to become.
    Interesting. You also said this: "revolutionary social impact of Christianity on western development and progress, which in my opinion was an extremely positive one and a much preferred one to where paganism was leading,..."

What do you mean by "paganism" and where it was leading? You mentioned "stagnation" and "de-evolution." What do those terms mean to you?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain