Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Noncooperation With Congress? Yeah, Nixon Tried That. Didn't Work For Him Either.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You can't stop lying, can you shit-for-brains? Run along you buffoonish assclown.
    You won’t even admit the obvious- Trump has announced to the world that he asked Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens???

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello rjhenn,

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    That's the job of Congress and the courts. We already know that the Senate won't do its job.
    We 'know' no such thing. Time will tell.

Nixon had far more support than Trump at this point in the process.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Chuck,

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I have relatives in law enforcement and don't need advice, but I appreciate your concern. Not cooperating with kangaroo courts is not a sign of guilt, just common sense, and no real evidence of any crime has been shown, just the usual innuendo and gossip mongering; the Democrats have already tried the fake accusations gimmick and failed, and in the Kavanaugh case even hired an actor to fake being raped, such is the depths they will stoop to. All we have is another media circus and Democratic Party operatives still in govt. positions waiting their turns to be useful to their Party, and we have Trump's GOP enemies always ready to help as well; the Bushes didn't like being denied their entitlement to the Presidency.
    'kangaroo courts?' A baseless claim.

'hired an actor to fake being raped' Another baseless claim.

Making things up is very convenient, even mandatory, for believing in Trump. But making things up does not make them true. Words are cheap. Careless words are foolish reasons to believe in things which just are not true.

'Trump's GOP enemies' - might just turn out to be the people who actually do believe in the spirit of the law and Trump is dirty. Trump has ejected anyone from his inner circle who will not share in his lawlessness. Those he keeps in his inner circle swirl around him like the cloud that follows the 'Pigpen' character in Peanuts.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You won’t even admit the obvious- Trump has announced to the world that he asked Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens???
    So what? The Biden's are corrupt; you don't want to end corruption dumbass?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So what? The Biden's are corrupt; you don't want to end corruption dumbass?
    Not a single piece of evidence against the Bidens, yet just a short time ago you denied that Trump had announced his guilt to the world.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    That's the job of Congress and the courts. We already know that the Senate won't do its job.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If the Senate can protect the president, then that's proof that muh constitution means nothing. At most, it's a nice piece of propaganda.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I have relatives in law enforcement and don't need advice, but I appreciate your concern. Not cooperating with kangaroo courts is not a sign of guilt, just common sense, and no real evidence of any crime has been shown, just the usual innuendo and gossip mongering; the Democrats have already tried the fake accusations gimmick and failed, and in the Kavanaugh case even hired an actor to fake being raped, such is the depths they will stoop to. All we have is another media circus and Democratic Party operatives still in govt. positions waiting their turns to be useful to their Party, and we have Trump's GOP enemies always ready to help as well; the Bushes didn't like being denied their entitlement to the Presidency.
    Just the usual right-wing paranoia about Constitutional issues that affect their holy demagogue.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Remember when every JPP leftist believed Mueller have them a “roadmap” to impeachment for obstruction?

Where did that go?

Schaffer’s said he had proof of collusion. Still waiting on it.

All democrats in Congress should die. I hope on thier next democrat retreat they are all attacked by ISIS terrirists
    You demonstrate yet again that Trumpies hate America and the Constitution. Mueller demonstrated both collusion and obstruction. What he didn't demonstrate was criminal conspiracy. And, of course, he wasn't allowed to follow up on the obvious obstruction.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Chuck,

'kangaroo courts?' A baseless claim.

'hired an actor to fake being raped' Another baseless claim.

Making things up is very convenient, even mandatory, for believing in Trump. But making things up does not make them true. Words are cheap. Careless words are foolish reasons to believe in things which just are not true.

'Trump's GOP enemies' - might just turn out to be the people who actually do believe in the spirit of the law and Trump is dirty. Trump has ejected anyone from his inner circle who will not share in his lawlessness. Those he keeps in his inner circle swirl around him like the cloud that follows the 'Pigpen' character in Peanuts.
    Indeed. Trump's appointees are the real "deep state".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2019)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Rightys assume that Senators will stay bought. Trump has been abusive to some of them too and they all know Trump will try and destroy them if they do not go along. This is a chance to get even. There are also many who are offended by what Daffy is doing. Perhaps patriotism will pull them away from the Constitutional destroyer. Assuming Red Senators will ignore the case the House presents them and keep backing a crook who respects nothing, is not certain.
    I still hope the system can be saved.
    There are people in the admin who are talking and testifying. The fear of Trump is evaporating.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 10-11-2019 at 02:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-14-2019)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Rightys assume that Senators will stay bought. Trump has been abusive to some of them too and they all know Trump will try and destroy them if they do not go along. This is a chance to get even. There are also many who are offended by what Daffy is doing. Perhaps patriotism will pull them away from the Constitutional destroyer. Assuming Red Senators will ignore the case the House presents them and keep backing a crook who respects nothing, is not certain.
    I still hope the system can be saved.
    There are people in the admin who are talking and testifying. The fear of Trump is evaporating.
    Republican Senators are smart enough to know they need to stay with the power if they want to get reelected. If there is a perception that power and faith in Trump is slipping, they will not blindly stay in line behind Trump.

I think a lot of Republican Senators were never happy with Trump in the first place. He has taken the Republican party down a dark road. If they see an opportunity to abandon the corrosive hateful influence of Trump over the Republican party and steer it back toward stronger morals they may use their combined power to pull the plug on Trump.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Gonzomin,

Republican Senators are smart enough to know they need to stay with the power if they want to get reelected. If there is a perception that power and faith in Trump is slipping, they will not blindly stay in line behind Trump.

I think a lot of Republican Senators were never happy with Trump in the first place. He has taken the Republican party down a dark road. If they see an opportunity to abandon the corrosive hateful influence of Trump over the Republican party and steer it back toward stronger morals they may use their combined power to pull the plug on Trump.
    How does Lindsey survive if Trump goes down?

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    How does Lindsey survive if Trump goes down?
    Same as the rest of them. Claimed he has been critical of Trump (examples exist) and that he is 'looking out for the people.'

If that doesn't work and he gets voted out, then he can just become a super high-paid corporate lobbyist since he has all the contacts.

Then he will probably have even more power and money.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

These nihilistic globalists gave up on truth a long time ago, believing power and deception was a good way to get through life. Now their power system has petered out, and they are left with their own broken selves, living in lies, cutoff from and fearing truth, trying to pull others into their black descending vortex as their clock spirals backwards out of time.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    These nihilistic globalists gave up on truth a long time ago, believing power and deception was a good way to get through life. Now their power system has petered out, and they are left with their own broken selves, living in lies, cutoff from and fearing truth, trying to pull others into their black descending vortex as their clock spirals backwards out of time.
    Trump is a "nihilistic globalist"? I thought he was a self-absorbed narcissist.