Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Noncooperation With Congress? Yeah, Nixon Tried That. Didn't Work For Him Either.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I agree with the last statement that is why I oppose EVERYTHING the left stands for and will never compromise with them. I want them defeated
    I'm not sure what your parents taught you, but mine taught me at an early age- WE DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT WE WANT!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The power of impeachment lies with the House.

It is not up to the executive to decide how impeachment is supposed to go.

The power lies with the House. That's in the Constitution. The House has no Rules requiring a floor vote.
    Any appearance of fairness toward the Executive should in the very least afford the President a full vote of the House before convening an impeachment inquiry in my opinion. But then of course I’d never expect Nancy Pelosi or any democrat politician for that matter to have a dime’s worth of respect for the Presidency or any example of fairness for an opposition President.

Not only is Pelosi & her democrat henchmen willfully ignorant about any appearance of fairness, but transparency in their kangaroo court is being hidden behind closed hearing doors so that only any tidbits supporting impeachment get leaked to their major media propaganda machine CNN while any exculpatory testimony can only be noticed by the Republican leaks to Fox. Honest folk would prefer open public hearings & the antiseptic of sun light. But what the hell why be fair, honest and non-partisan when you can get away being a typical lo-life scumbag? To hell with America’s public citizens, those ass-holes ain’t paying attention anyhow And like Hitler once noted, “the people ain’t smart enough to know who their leaders should be.”

Then we have old Bug Eyes Adam Schiff, Kangaroo Court Committee Chairman leading the charge. Madam Nancy couldn’t have picked a better hyper partisan serial liar and crooked bastard to lead the mob. Ole Adam is still waiting on those Russian impersonators to deliver up those naked Trump pictures he fell for.

But never fear folks! Every intelligent folk in America who’s paying any attention to this sham knows just by watching the democrat’s Kabuki theater operation that Madam Nancy won’t call for a full house vote because she doesn’t have the votes, and or she wants to protect those moderate democrats that got elected in those precincts that Trump won in 16. Voting for an impeachment inquiry could get them defeated in 20. We’re also very well aware that Bug Eyes Schiff’s hearings are all secret because to allow them to be public, would reveal to honest folk the sham that’s taking place & like always the neo-commie democrats have squat for evidence to impeach this President, & every day it’s becoming more & more apparent that the lynch mob of democrat candidates for the Presidency couldn’t get elected dogcatcher in any honest & informed country.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-18-2019)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

PS. Oh yeah, if Madam Nancy actually did call for a full House vote, then the Republicans could have the right to subpoena their own witnesses, like Hunter Biden & old sleepy Joe himself. Nancy can't have that now can she?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Noncooperation With Congress? Yeah, Nixon Tried That. Didn't Work For Him Either.
    This isn't Watergate. This is nothing like Watergate. People who think it is don't have their facts. Trump has no reason to allow a radical leftist Democratic Party of the Jackass cabal to interfere with his job.

Until the Party of the Jackass can prove that Trump has committed high crimes and misdemeanors, and conduct a floor vote in the House with articles of impeachment, Trump doesn't have to do a damned thing.

The Party of the Jackass are the one's out of control, not this President.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    What Trump is doing is called obstruction. Mueller showed another 10 incidents of obstruction.
    Obstruction of what? I have read the Mueller report, nothing in that report would be considered evidence of obstruction. In fact, it would be laughed out of a court of law.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The parallels to the Nixon impeachment grow by the day.
    Only in the minds of willful idiots who don't deal with reality or facts and who get their FALSE narratives from the PHONY Media.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

That's funny!

But it is also sad to watch an ego become so great that it completely consumes the host.

Especially when that hose is marauding as a legitimate world leader.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Does that apply to Donald Trump as well?
    it was a direct response to your question about Donald Trump.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Ok you delicate flower, tell me what rights of yours aren’t being protected.
    You're missing the point. It's not that my personal rights aren't being protected. It's that what protects rights and laws is not muh constitution, but rather a system of checks and balances, government transparency, and democracy.

Right now, the RNC has become so corrupt that it is no longer enforcing laws. And muh constitution isn't helping because, well why would it? It's a piece of paper. If one of the two political parties chooses to ignore it, what are we going to do about it?

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

The power of impeachment lies with the House.

It is not up to the executive to decide how impeachment is supposed to go.

The power lies with the House. That's in the Constitution. The House has no Rules requiring a floor vote.

And there is no court to go to about this. (Trump's favorite recourse to get his way.)

Nixon tried not cooperating with the House. Nixon also had articles against him for obstructing the Impeachment Inquiry, in addition to Watergate.

Trump is going to have articles against him for obstructing the House Impeachment Inquiry, in addition to Abuse of office and Violation of Oath of office, over the Ukraine Affair.

Keep it up, Mr. President. You're just digging yourself in deeper.
    I agree with most of what you say but have an exception. Holder was cited for contempt for withholding documents during Fast and Furious investigation. He was never punished.
    The House voted 255-67 to hold Holder in criminal contempt. The White House and DOJ announced Holder would not face criminal prosecution for the contempt charge.

After the House filed a civil lawsuit a federal court ruled the DOJ had to turn over the documents and 65,000 were turned over previously withheld because of the executive privilege claim.

So, Holder did get away with it (contempt).
    Last edited by Flash; 10-18-2019 at 02:56 PM.

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    PS. Oh yeah, if Madam Nancy actually did call for a full House vote, then the Republicans could have the right to subpoena their own witnesses, like Hunter Biden & old sleepy Joe himself. Nancy can't have that now can she?
    You are wrong about the need for a vote and you must know it would pass if she had one. It also confers more power to her. I don't know why she has not done it, other than it is not needed. But she is a good politician and knows more than we.
    The reds would have to start their own investigation to do that and they do not have the power. The Bidens are guilty of no crimes. The Reds love show investigations . They rely on where there is smoke there must be fire.
    The Dem majority will not allow a diversionary and dishonest investigation. The Reds shot their wads with the dozen Hillary's.

15. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    You are wrong about the need for a vote and you must know it would pass if she had one.
    I never said a vote was needed, I won’t expect you to respect that fact.

One can surely argue though as most Republicans do, that all past impeachments had a full House floor vote simply to put our cowardly politicians on the record & be in keeping with past House tradition. But who among us would expect democrats to respect the American People’s House traditions, exhibit a show of fairness and have the balls to go on the record, even those freshmen democrat House members that won their seats in 18 in districts where Trump won the 16 election?

Republicans also make a great argument when they note that the Constitution says the “CONGRESS” shall have the power of impeachment, but it doesn’t say that “ Nancy Pelosy & Adam Schiff” have the power of impeachment, thus, impeachment inquires absolutely require a fill House vote.

As far as “I must know” a House vote would pass, I know no such thing nor do you. If you’re so sure of that, then you also must be sure of why Madam Nancy fears to have that vote, right?

It also confers more power to her. I don't know why she has not done it, other than it is not needed. But she is a good politician and knows more than we.
    What new powers would it confer to her beyond the three ring secret circus she’s already running? You should know by now if you were honest and devoid of your hyper political bias, that Nancy won’t hold a full House vote because she’s getting away without one, she doesn’t want the republicans to have the ability/power to subpoena witnesses & she won’t put her cowardly vulnerable democrat members in Trump country on the record. But I never expect honesty or bravery among a democrat mob.

The reds would have to start their own investigation to do that and they do not have the power.
    They only have no power because Madam Nancy & Bug Eyes Schiff won’t allow a full floor House vote in the name of fairness, honesty, tradition & constitutional decorum.

The Bidens are guilty of no crimes.
    Sure, sure! Only in lefty land where democrats who are Vise Presidents can take their prodigal son with them on Airforce One, who was thrown out of the Navy for doing lines of white powder into one of the most corrupt countries on earth, get his sorry ass installed on a gas company corporate board of directors where the twit has zero knowledge about the gas business nor can he even speak the language, and get paid $50,000 a month, then said Vise President goes on public TV and brags how he got a prosecutor of that nation fired for investigating the corporation whereby his prodigal son sits on the board and does so by threatening the country’s government he’ll get American taxpayer’s aid/loot for that country withheld if the prosecutor isn’t fired. In “HONESTVILE” that’s known as a quid-pro-quo & a felony! While in lefty land, that’s called “nothing wrong.” I can just see the outrage and the hair on fire and the major media propaganda machine now building the gallows for a Republican Vice President who did that, can’t you?

The Reds love show investigations .
    So says the leftist poster who belongs to the party that has done nothing but investigate, investigate, investigate, for the last 3.5 years!

They rely on where there is smoke there must be fire.
    A perfect observation of democrats and their failed dozen smoking gun investigations in a hysterical effort to overthrow an American election.

The Dem majority will not allow a diversionary and dishonest investigation. The Reds shot their wads with the dozen Hillary's.
    The democrats will not allow an honest, fair or constitutional investigation and every honest, fair and Constitution lover knows that!
    Last edited by Robo; 10-19-2019 at 09:20 AM.

16. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I agree with most of what you say but have an exception. Holder was cited for contempt for withholding documents during Fast and Furious investigation. He was never punished.
    The House voted 255-67 to hold Holder in criminal contempt. The White House and DOJ announced Holder would not face criminal prosecution for the contempt charge.

After the House filed a civil lawsuit a federal court ruled the DOJ had to turn over the documents and 65,000 were turned over previously withheld because of the executive privilege claim.

So, Holder did get away with it (contempt).
    Not very relevant.

The House never began an impeachment inquiry against Holder.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never meant anything to you anyway. Now you have a convenient excuse to express your inner commie
    It clearly means nothing to either you or Trump. You are both trying to overthrow the Constitution and turn the U.S. into a theistic dictatorship, focused on the worship of Trump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

18. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    This is why I've already made up my mind to vote for Trump no matter what my opinion of him is. I'm voting against fake media, I'm voting against dims attempting a soft coup to reverse an election (which is treason) and I'm voting for fairness.
    Of course it doesn't help dims that they're all completely whacked out except for Tulsi.
    Rather, to reverse a corrupt election, which was treason.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’