Thread: 'Do Nothing Democrats' Sent Over 100 Important Bills To Legislative Graveyard Senate

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 'Do Nothing Democrats' Sent Over 100 Important Bills To Legislative Graveyard Senate

GOP Leaders Say Democrats Achieved 'Nothing' Since Taking Over The House. Wrong As Usual. 100 Bills Await Action in the Senate

Why are these important bills not even being debated in the Senate?

What is McConnell afraid of?

That people might actually WANT some of this legislation?

"Republican leaders have slammed Democrats for not getting enough done in Congress even though more than 100 bills passed this year by the House of Representatives currently sit in the GOP-controlled Senate awaiting action.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy tweeted on Wednesday that "Democrats are in a tailspin, and their 'leadership' is out to lunch. They have achieved practically NOTHING since taking over the House, and their obsession with impeaching this president is paralyzing any progress we could be making as the UNITED States."

Similar remarks were made by Donald Trump and White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Thursday morning.

The president wrote on Twitter that "Democrats are getting nothing done in Congress. All of their effort is about a Re-Do of the Mueller Report, which didn't turn out the way they wanted. It is not possible for them to investigate and legislate at the same time."

During an appearance on CNN, Sanders asked "what significant pieces of legislation they have passed that are going to change the course of this country?" She also said that it is "a complete lie" that Democrats think they can investigate Trump and also pass bills.

But Democrats have passed more than 100 pieces of legislation on issues ranging from gun control to health care since gaining majority control in the House in January. Those bills have yet to be taken up by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

That legislation includes the For the People Act, which is a comprehensive package of reforms to expand voting rights, limit partisan gerrymandering and limit the influence of donor money. It also encompasses the Paycheck Fairness Act, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act and the Save the Internet Act.

Last month, Senate Democrats issued a press release accusing McConnell of turning the Senate into a "legislative graveyard."

"Leader McConnell promised that he would open the Senate so that ideas with bipartisan support could come to the floor, and said that he would allow a free and open amendment process to foster bipartisanship and deliver real legislation to the president's desk. But Leader McConnell has failed to live up to these commitments," the press release read.

Even Republican lawmakers have expressed frustration at the Senate's lack of action in Congress. Senator John Kennedy told lawmakers on the Senate floor on Tuesday that they've done "nothing" but confirm the president's judicial nominations.

"We need to do more, by we I mean the United States Congress," he said. "Other than the nominations, which are important, we have done nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.""

What hypocrites those Republicans are who say the 'do nothing Democrats' are so obsessed with impeachment that they can't get anything else done.

The reality is that Democrats have been hard at work and hypocrite lying Republicans are doing all they can to bury what the Democrats have done.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

reagansghost (10-09-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019), Trumpet (10-09-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

The question that we should all ask; what has the GOP senate accomplished??? And just look at, McConnell, who prides himself as the Grim Reaper, who has not brought the house bills to the senate floor for a vote; could this have something to do with not getting enough done in Congress?????

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-09-2019), reagansghost (10-09-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The question that we should all ask; what has the GOP senate accomplished??? And just look at, McConnell, who prides himself as the Grim Reaper, who has not brought the house bills to the senate floor for a vote; could this have something to do with not getting enough done in Congress?????
    the GOP senate shut down 95% of Obama's agenda, McCain is the only reason we have the ACA

and so far they've shut down virtually every piece of legislation sent them by the House, including many non-partisan bills, like ones addressing our shoddy infrastructure for example

conservatism by its very nature shuns change, loves authoritarianism and the status quo

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019), Trumpet (10-09-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Mitch McConnell is to the legislative process as a blockage is to the digestive process.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-10-2019), Trumpet (10-09-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Another false narrative bites the dust. And another example of irony given the fact that McConnell considers his only job is to rubber stamp a court packing agenda.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Trumpet (10-09-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    the GOP senate shut down 95% of Obama's agenda, McCain is the only reason we have the ACA

and so far they've shut down virtually every piece of legislation sent them by the House, including many non-partisan bills, like ones addressing our shoddy infrastructure for example

conservatism by its very nature shuns change, loves authoritarianism and the status quo

From my point of view; conservatism =plutocracy. The GOP only care about their billionaire political donors, and like you posted "loves authoritarianism and the status quo" which suits them very well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Micawber (10-09-2019), PoliTalker (10-10-2019), reagansghost (10-09-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't consider Republicans only for Plutocrats, I see them as a party that favors business interests all the way from said individual plutocrats, fortune 500 corp interests through small businesses.
    And they do not represent union workers, unemployed, children, moms, non-union employed, minorities, consumers, gays, trans, or self employed eking out a living.

That is judged by the policies the promote and those they oppose. A true it's money that matters all else can bite my ass party whether they be people, issues or laws.

Whereever you go it is Republicans that want lower taxes esp top weighted, want flat taxes or Nat sales taxes, they oppose all consumer protection laws, they oppose the plaintiffs bar
    for mass tort, the oppose global warming and all environmental causes in favor of big oil and unimpeded land use and property rights for developers. They oppose rent control.

Conversely dems and liberals support all these things in the main. It's bigger than just pro football team owners. They oppose everything that helps the little guy while
    any particular battle is going on, and when they lose, they conveniently forget their staunch opposition 20 years later when what they were for appears draconian.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Trumpet (10-09-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Like ASININE BULLSHIT to grant voting rights to illegals, make illegal border crossings legal, allow all felons to vote, etc.

TRY RESEARCH. Please list a SINGLE, BI-PARTISAN BILL from the House....that has not been taken up in the Senate.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Break up the union already! It is no longer serving any purpose and is not worth the effort. From now on that is my stance. I pay NY taxes and I no longer want them going to the Federal level if they are being used to aid or sustain red states.

For more than 80 years now, we—the residents of what some people like to call Blue America, but which I prefer to think of as the United States of We Pay Our Own Damn Way—have shelled out far more in federal tax monies than we took in. We have funded massive infrastructure projects in your rural counties, subsidized your schools and your power plants and your nursing homes, sent you entire industries, and simultaneously absorbed the most destitute, unskilled, and oppressed portions of your populations, white and black alike.

For starters, we now endorse cutting the federal income tax to the bone—maybe even doing the full Wesley Snipes and abolishing it altogether. We will raise our state and local taxes accordingly to pay for anything we might need or want. We ask nothing more from you and your federal government. Nothing for infrastructure, or housing, or the care of the poor and sick—not that you gave us much, anyway. All we want is our money, and you can keep yours, dollar for dollar.

No more Obamacare? Hey, that hot mess was tricked out the way it was mostly to appease you in the first place. Since we have nearly all of the country’s leading hospitals, medical schools, and medical research institutes—and a much healthier population, one that’s happily short on automatic weapons—I’m sure we’ll come up with something better.

Still think FEMA is some kind of liberal welfare scam? Poof—it’s gone! We will never again beg the people you elected to office to help us in the wake of what should have been considered national tragedies, such as September 11 and Hurricane Sandy. Meanwhile, best of luck with all those tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, forest fires, and—all new!—Oklahoma fracking-earthquakes you always seem to be having.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 10-09-2019 at 10:35 AM.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Another false narrative bites the dust. And another example of irony given the fact that McConnell considers his only job is to rubber stamp a court packing agenda.
    That was the only reason for a goodly number of nose-pinching Trump voters.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

odd this didn't bother you when the Republican House sent bills to the Demmycrat Senate......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

That legislation includes the For the People Act to expand voting rights, limit partisan gerrymandering and limit the influence of donor money. also the Paycheck Fairness Act, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act and the Save the Internet Act.

Thanks nancy

my God Democrats have lost their minds

Pay attention to what Trump has accomplished without you, REAL progress, REAL legislation you bunch of nitwits
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

GOP Leaders Say Democrats Achieved 'Nothing' Since Taking Over The House. Wrong As Usual. 100 Bills Await Action in the Senate

Why are these important bills not even being debated in the Senate?

What is McConnell afraid of?

That people might actually WANT some of this legislation?

"Republican leaders have slammed Democrats for not getting enough done in Congress even though more than 100 bills passed this year by the House of Representatives currently sit in the GOP-controlled Senate awaiting action.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy tweeted on Wednesday that "Democrats are in a tailspin, and their 'leadership' is out to lunch. They have achieved practically NOTHING since taking over the House, and their obsession with impeaching this president is paralyzing any progress we could be making as the UNITED States."

Similar remarks were made by Donald Trump and White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Thursday morning.

The president wrote on Twitter that "Democrats are getting nothing done in Congress. All of their effort is about a Re-Do of the Mueller Report, which didn't turn out the way they wanted. It is not possible for them to investigate and legislate at the same time."

During an appearance on CNN, Sanders asked "what significant pieces of legislation they have passed that are going to change the course of this country?" She also said that it is "a complete lie" that Democrats think they can investigate Trump and also pass bills.

But Democrats have passed more than 100 pieces of legislation on issues ranging from gun control to health care since gaining majority control in the House in January. Those bills have yet to be taken up by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

That legislation includes the For the People Act, which is a comprehensive package of reforms to expand voting rights, limit partisan gerrymandering and limit the influence of donor money. It also encompasses the Paycheck Fairness Act, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act and the Save the Internet Act.

Last month, Senate Democrats issued a press release accusing McConnell of turning the Senate into a "legislative graveyard."

"Leader McConnell promised that he would open the Senate so that ideas with bipartisan support could come to the floor, and said that he would allow a free and open amendment process to foster bipartisanship and deliver real legislation to the president's desk. But Leader McConnell has failed to live up to these commitments," the press release read.

Even Republican lawmakers have expressed frustration at the Senate's lack of action in Congress. Senator John Kennedy told lawmakers on the Senate floor on Tuesday that they've done "nothing" but confirm the president's judicial nominations.

"We need to do more, by we I mean the United States Congress," he said. "Other than the nominations, which are important, we have done nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.""

What hypocrites those Republicans are who say the 'do nothing Democrats' are so obsessed with impeachment that they can't get anything else done.

The reality is that Democrats have been hard at work and hypocrite lying Republicans are doing all they can to bury what the Democrats have done.
    Quit blaming the complete incompetence of the weak and mindless Democrats in congress on everyone else. Democrats have no scrotum.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadcatbounce View Post
    Quit blaming the complete incompetence of the weak and mindless Democrats in congress on everyone else. Democrats have no scrotum.
    but they want to get that "Save the internet" legislation approved
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you