Thread: Article 1, Section 2, Clause 5

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Oh yes! Have you ever met anyone like Donald Trump? Yes, those people will have a hard time dealing with reality forever.

Just think about this for a minute. Imagine someone with just average intelligence- and realize that over half the population is stupider than him! LOL!
    Scary thought! I think about that from time to time, now that you mention it. Trump is a great example of how the American dream -- that anyone can grow up to be president -- can be perverted. All it takes is a huge ego, enough money, and the willingness to whore yourself out to the media, even if it takes decades.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    and Nancy will be an international Hero

and president
    So our most outspoken male chauvinist and notorious womanizer will be responsible for giving us our first woman President.

Funny how what goes around does come around.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (10-12-2019)

4. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Regretfully, I'm sure there will be some idiots that will go out guns a-blazin'! Some innocent people will probably end up being victims of some atrocious act somewhere.

But, that is probably what it will take for people to realize that Donald Trump was a very dangerous person that should never have been given the keys to the White House in the first place, and everyone will then understand why- when the blood is on their own hands!!
    Any violent attacks on liberals will be futile. No civil war will be started. It will be recorded in history as another cowardly attack on innocent people. More white nationalist hatred and bad PR for hate groups. And if it occurs right before a session of Congress then maybe it will finally be time for them to act. Especially if it is an all Dem Congress with a wise President.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Scary thought! I think about that from time to time, now that you mention it. Trump is a great example of how the American dream -- that anyone can grow up to be president -- can be perverted. All it takes is a huge ego, enough money, and the willingness to whore yourself out to the media, even if it takes decades.
    It's not the money, We have had rich presidents before.

Kennedy was filthy stinking rich but he will be remembered for taking us to the moon, and "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"!

Donald Trump will be remembered for, "But first, you have to do me a favor" and taking us into the sewer!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (10-11-2019)

7. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not the money, We have had rich presidents before.

Kennedy was filthy stinking rich but he will be remembered for taking us to the moon, and "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"!

Donald Trump will be remembered for, "But first, you have to do me a favor" and taking us into the sewer!

8. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

One of these days, the dust will settle on the Trump era, and the people who did vote for Donald Trump will look back and will turn their anger on who is to really blame for all of this- DONALD TRUMP.

Right now these people are blaming everyone, including you and I, but the very one who caused every one of Donald Trump's troubles- was HIMSELF.

You do have to be careful what you ask for in life- Because you may just get it!
    The people who support Donald Trump must bear responsibility for making such a tragic mistake. We have really got to improve our education system to cause our young people to embrace the Constitution and understand why it is so important to get informed and stay informed. Many have given all for this country. The least the citizens can do is to preserve this beautiful experiment in self-rule, to carry that burden forward for each succeeding generation.

This country cannot run on autopilot. Apathy is the death of America. All should take part to make the sacrifices of history worth it. America might stand for freedom but that doesn't mean it's a free ride.

People who are 'too busy to vote' or don't want to stay informed because it 'bums them out' or it's 'so depressing to watch the news' have not earned the right to be Americans. They tag along on the dedication of others and are lucky this nation forgives their apathy and lets them stay and play.

I would favor a tax break for people who demonstrate that they are informed and vote. Charge the rest more to make up for it.

9. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I don't share your optimism about any self-reflection and regrets from the more ardent Toadstool worshipers. To their last breath, they'll blame their idol's demise on deep state, fake news, witch-hunting sour-grapes-loser (D)s.
    It's either that or admit they were wrong, which if they are anything like Trump, they can never do.

10. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Adolf_Twitler,

The people who support Donald Trump must bear responsibility for making such a tragic mistake. We have really got to improve our education system to cause our young people to embrace the Constitution and understand why it is so important to get informed and stay informed. Many have given all for this country. The least the citizens can do is to preserve this beautiful experiment in self-rule, to carry that burden forward for each succeeding generation.

This country cannot run on autopilot. Apathy is the death of America. All should take part to make the sacrifices of history worth it. America might stand for freedom but that doesn't mean it's a free ride.

People who are 'too busy to vote' or don't want to stay informed because it 'bums them out' or it's 'so depressing to watch the news' have not earned the right to be Americans. They tag along on the dedication of others and are lucky this nation forgives their apathy and lets them stay and play.

I would favor a tax break for people who demonstrate that they are informed and vote. Charge the rest more to make up for it.
    We are not out of the woods yet, but hopefully we are all able to see the twilight just over the horizon now.

A new day will dawn, and things will return back to normal again.

I think now, more than ever, we have seen what can happen when people don't get up off their ass and go vote.

Just look how close we all came to losing our democracy, and it will be further tested, before this is all over yet!

And I think it is because there will always be more good people than bad people in this world.

The Good always defeats the Bad in the end- But the Bad can be so incredibly Bad- it just takes more time.

But let's look forward- and let's hope for the best- AND GET OUR ASSES OUT TO VOTE! LOL!

11. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

We are not out of the woods yet, but hopefully we are all able to see the twilight just over the horizon now.

A new day will dawn, and things will return back to normal again.

I think now, more than ever, we have seen what can happen when people don't get up off their ass and go vote.

Just look how close we all came to losing our democracy, and it will be further tested, before this is all over yet!

And I think it is because there will always be more good people than bad people in this world.

The Good always defeats the Bad- But the Bad can be so incredibly Bad- it just takes more time.

But let's look forward- and let's hope for the best- AND GET OUR ASSES OUT TO VOTE! LOL!
    Right on.

I make no secret of my atheism. But just because I do not believe in creator theory doesn't mean I have no faith. You stuck on my faith with your post. I have faith in human goodness, that the good will prevail over the bad. Not every time, but generally, overall, that is what happens time and time again. My faith has told me from the beginning that the Trump presidency is wrong, that he cannot last. Now we shall see if my faith was correct about that.

As to 'going back to normal.'

I HOPE NOT!

The best case is we use this blot on our history as a wake-up call to improve, to be better than we were.

The real reason Trump got so many followers is because people were sick of the old normal. They knew something was wrong. They knew the powerful had the deck stacked against them and they believed Trump would fix it, 'shake things up,' so to speak. They were looking for scapegoats and Trump offered them up right and left. Oh, it's the immigrants. Oh it's the liberals. No! It wasn't any of those things. It was legalized corruption. Big money getting it's way in Washington. They wanted the swamp drained. They didn't even know what the swamp was full of. They thought liberals made DC swampy. NO! It's big money. Always has been. But it does not always have to be. They had it good. They were hidden from view. All very nicey nice. Those days are over. We are not going 'back to normal.' We are fixing the problem that caused all this hatred. We are going to get the big money out of politics and we are going to fix this nation. We are going to take power away from the rich and put it back into the hands of the people where it belongs.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Adolf_Twitler (10-11-2019)

13. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the House decides how to go about impeachment, not Nancy.......she does not have the power to issue executive orders.......
    Try and pay attention. Pelosi was not on board when it started. She was the last. Trump keeps radicalizing the left with his brazen and illegal deeds. Pelosi wanted Trump beaten in the election, but Trump moved up the clock with his criminal and unpatriotic activities.

14. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Where does it say the President has to comply?
    He is not involved in the process. If the House determines there is evidence of Trump's wrongdoing, they hold a vote. If the majority says there is sufficient evidence, then they send the impeachment to the Senate. Then the Senate holds a trial.
    If they vote guilty, by 2/3rds. he is removed from office.
    Exactly where does his compliance fit in?
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 10-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

15. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

They have always been meaningless. Nothing has changed over the years at all. They don't even hand anyone's ass to anyone.

16. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    The House and Senate better get busy, Trump is SOOO unhinged at this rally, really is scary he's POTUS

he's a very sick man
    Psychoquackery.

17. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nancy is the House.
    Nancy is not the House. See Article I of the Constitution of the United States for a description of what the House is.
    And there is no such thing as an Executive Order to obstruct Justice, tamper with witnesses, and ignore Congressional subpoenas.
    Contextomy fallacy. As usual, you can't keep track of a conversation.
    But do ramble on with the bat-shit-crazy psychobabble please!
    It just continues to make you look like an idiot!
    YALIF.

18. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dude- Let me read you the only rules for the House Of Representatives for impeaching a president in the Constitution.....

Article I § 2 of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach (make formal charges against)
    That is basically all of the rules the House has to follow!
    WRONG. The House MUST conform to every part of the Constitution, as amended. They must be specific to the crimes committed. Only certain crimes are allowed. the 4th and 5th amendments must be observed. The 14th amendment must be observed. Articles I and II must be observed.
    So this gives Nancy all the discretion she needs to decide to continue to investigate, and decide when to conduct a vote.
    It does NOT give Nancy or Schiff the authority to create secretive committees to try anyone, or to issue subpoenas without going through the Court (see Article III), or to use just any crime to impeach by, or to impeach based on vague accusations.
    I don't understand your lack of knowledge on this matter, or why this upsets you in any way, or why Nancy is upsetting you in any way.
    Inversion fallacy. This is YOUR problem.
    What is your beef dude, and why is it aimed at Nancy and not Donald Trump? Huh?
    Because it's Nancy that is violating the Constitution.
    So far, she has not even decided to take a vote on impeachment!
    She has taken a vote on investigating either.
    You would think, you would be satisfied with that- so far!
    No. She has already exceeded her authority. So has Schiff.
    So isn't your hate of Nancy just pure political hatred towards her for no real logical reason?
    Politics is a logical reason, dude. You don't understand what logic IS.
    OH! I get it, YOU HATE HER FOR DOING HER JOB,
    She is not doing here job.
    AND Upholding her OATH OF OFFICE commitment-
    She is not upholding her oath of office either.
    INSTEAD OF HOLDING Donald Trump accountable for upholding his oath of office.
    Trump is upholding his oath of office.
    Would it make you happier if she conducted the vote today, and the House overwhelmingly voted to impeach Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Pompeo, and Barr?
    For what crime?
    I know what would make you happy- For Mitch McConnell to quickly take a 2 minute irresponsible vote and say no to the House's Impeachment of the president.
    He would be forced to at this point. No crime has been specified.
    So in your beady little eyes, the sooner Nancy holds the vote to impeach, and it goes to trial over in the Senate- the faster Mitch McConnell can take his partisan biased vote along party lines and say, "See there folks, nothing here". ONLY IN AMERICA FOLKS!
    Yup. That's how it works, dude.
    But what has you pissing in your little britches is the fact that Nancy can investigate all of these serious matters,
    What serious matters?
    produce undeniable bona fide evidence that your corrupt president has been extorting,
    Trump has extorted no one.
    taking bribes,He has taken any bribe from anyone.
    bribing others,
    He has not bribed anyone.
    lying,
    Not an impeachable offense.
    cheating,
    Not an impeachable offense.
    violating his oath of office,
    He hasn't.
    violating the Constitution,
    He hasn't.
    making quid pro quo's,
    He hasn't.
    seeking help from foreign adversaries to help him win elections,
    He hasn't.
    corrupting the FBI,
    He can't.
    the intelligence community,
    He can't.
    the justice department,
    He can't.
    the White House,
    He can't.
    violating the emoluments clause,
    He hasn't.
    obstructing justice,
    He can't.
    tampering with federal witnesses,
    He hasn't. There have been no witnesses and no trial.
    hiding evidence,
    He does not have to provide evidence to convict himself. See the 5th amendment.
    destroying evidence,
    He hasn't.
    and the 100's of things we haven't even stumbled onto yet,
    You can't impeach someone for something you don't even know.
    BUT WILL, AND EXPOSING THIS TO THE PEOPLE-
    Expose what?
    and handing over to the SENATE all the evidence they need with the full support of the people to impeach this president!
    The Senate does not have authority to impeach a President. See Article I and II of the Constitution of the United States.
    Trust me Nancy will have all the evidence laid out so clear
    Where is it?
    and evident that even Mitch McConnell and his stooges cannot vote "NO" to or risk
    They can vote any way they wish. YOU don't get to dictate to anyone how they vote.
    AIL themselves by further obstructing justice charges aimed right at the leader and his stooges for not investigating all of the things already laid out by the Mueller Report.!
    The Mueller report doesn't list any crimes committed by Trump.
    The Republican led Senate is guity enough already for "Obstruction of Justice"
    They can't obstruct justice.
    for covering for this president
    They don't cover for anyone. The Senate is an independent legislative body. It has nothing to do with the House or the President.
    and not conducting their own hearings-
    The Senate is not authorized to do so. See Article I.
    based on what's in the Mueller report.
    There is nothing in Mueller's report.
    And let me tell you- people will be going to jail and held accountable for that as well!
    For what crime?
    THAT! THAT IS WHAT HAS YOU ALL UPSET!
    YOU are the one typing in capital letters and 'yelling'. It seems that it is YOU that is upset. Inversion fallacy.
    Your beef should be with Donald Trump for being so stupid as to even carry out these crimes
    What crimes?
    and thinking he could get by with them-
    What crimes?
    CERTAINLY not liberals- Not Democrats- Not Nancy- Not Hillary- Not Obama-
    Each of these have committed crimes. Some of them have been prosecuted and convicted of them and are now serving time. Others have not been tried yet.
    Not CNN- Not PBS- Not Saturday Night Live-
    They are in my opinion of libel, and they put out basically nothing but Trump hate and other propaganda now. They are no longer relevant.
    Not me-
    I consider most of your arguments irrelevant as well.
    Not the NFL-
    Bigotry.
    Not French Fries-
    Beef works well with french fries. BTW, french fries is not a proper noun. It is not capitalized.
    Not California-
    The SOTC has its own problems. All caused by itself.
    Not NYC-
    NYC has its own problems. All caused by itself.
    Not Baltimore-
    What has Baltimore got to do with anything??
    Not Mexicans-
    What do Mexicans have to do with anything?
    Not Black people-
    What do 'black people' have to do with anything? I would say you are racist as well as a bigot.
    Not abortion clinics-
    Forced abortions and abortion for convenience is murder.
    Not Martin Luther King-
    He's dead.
    IS THERE ANYONE YOU IDIOTS DON'T BLAME FOR YOUR DISGRUNTLED LITTLE SELF-IMPORTANT SELVES?
    I am not disgruntled. YOU are though.
    Pathetic!
    Yes. Being hateful most of the time, as you are, is quite pathetic.
    IT WAS DONALD TRUMP THAT FUCKED EVERYTHING UP
    What? Be specific.
    FOR HIS PRESIDENCY-
    What? Be specific.
    HIS RE-ELECTION
    What? Be specific.-
    AND Brought HIS ULTIMATE INEVITABLE IMPEACHMENT UPON HIMSELF!
    You can put your Holy Entrails away now.
    Now get out of my face you whiny little toad!
    Argument of the stick fallacy. YOU don't get to order people around.