Thread: 10 Cities Are Reportedly Waiting For Trump Campaign To Pay $841,000 In Rally Bills

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default 10 Cities Are Reportedly Waiting For Trump Campaign To Pay $841,000 In Rally Bills

Trump campaign threatens to sue Minneapolis over security bill for rally

In an interview Monday, Minneapolis City Attorney Susan Segal said “it’s not fair” for residents to shoulder such costs, whether they are for political or sporting events. She said the city has been having conversations with organizations including the Twins, the Vikings and the Minnesota Ballpark Authority about sharing the costs of additional event expenses during games. She said these discussions have been going on since before the Super Bowl in 2018.

Earlier Monday, Minneapolis city officials told the Star Tribune they were unsure how much money the city will have to spend for security and other services during Trump’s campaign visit — but they believed it was going to be expensive.

The Trump campaign said in the statement that if the city does not agree to honor the contract by 11 a.m. Tuesday that they would go to court.
    https://www.msn.com/g00/en-us/news/p...M5M2IwMWM1Mjdk
    Five of them have been stuck with unpaid bills dating back to 2016, according to an investigation by The Center for Public Integrity and NBC.

Officials in El Paso complained last week that they were still waiting for President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign to pay up for expenses related to providing extra police, fire department and other services for a rally months ago. Now it turns out there are nine more cities across the country that haven’t received a dime from the campaign for similar charges, according to The Center for Public Integrity.

Five of the 10 invoices date back to 2016, when Donald Trump was campaigning to become president.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/campa...b0304a120c9a1c
    Once a deadbeat grifter...always a deadbeat grifter!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

domer76 (10-08-2019), PoliTalker (10-08-2019), reagansghost (10-08-2019), Trumpet (10-08-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

along those lines...…….

Trump campaign is required to pre-pay for security of Thursday's rally in Mpls. No pay, No rally!

$530K bill from Mpls. to campaign may spur suit.

Tensions between Minneapolis city leaders and President Donald Trump’s campaign escalated Monday when the campaign threatened to sue the city for trying to force it to pay $530,000 for security during this week’s rally.

Trump’s campaign team said in a news release late Monday night that Mayor Jacob Frey is “abusing the power of his office” by “conjuring a phony and outlandish bill for security” to cover those costs for Thursday’s campaign rally.

City officials told the Target Center, which is managed by AEG, that it would be responsible for paying the costs. The center then allegedly tried to pass the bill on to Trump’s team and told them they would not be able to use the arena unless they agreed to the charges.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...lly/562446812/

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-08-2019), Trumpet (10-08-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    along those lines...…….

Trump campaign is required to pre-pay for security of Thursday's rally in Mpls. No pay, No rally!

Tensions between Minneapolis city leaders and President Donald Trump’s campaign escalated Monday when the campaign threatened to sue the city for trying to force it to pay $530,000 for security during this week’s rally.

Trump’s campaign team said in a news release late Monday night that Mayor Jacob Frey is “abusing the power of his office” by “conjuring a phony and outlandish bill for security” to cover those costs for Thursday’s campaign rally.

City officials told the Target Center, which is managed by AEG, that it would be responsible for paying the costs. The center then allegedly tried to pass the bill on to Trump’s team and told them they would not be able to use the arena unless they agreed to the charges.

I included a link and a piece of an article on that very issue in the OP. Apparently, the jerkwad is suing for the right to stiff Minneapolis.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-08-2019), reagansghost (10-08-2019), Trumpet (10-08-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 80 Posts

trump is criminally insane and so are his supporters

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Will Obama and Hillary be paying theirs?

Springfield Asks Obama to Pay Up for Campaign Event

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/poli...138678564.html

Obama rally cost put at $2 million

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...352-story.html

Romney, Obama campaigns stick their hosts with the check

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-x...626-story.html

MORE FULLACRAP NONSENSE from the INCREASINGLY DESPERATE LYING LEFT....STUPID FUCKS...
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Stretch (10-08-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

How much do Democrat campaigns owe? Is it zero? Why are you only reporting what Trump supposedly owes?
    Every life matters

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    How much do Democrat campaigns owe? Is it zero? Why are you only reporting what Trump supposedly owes?
    If you've got something credible to offer, bring it forward.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Cinnabar (10-08-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder why these 10 demmycrat cities decided to make Trump the first candidate ever charged for public services........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

deadcatbounce (10-08-2019), Stretch (10-08-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

What a cheapskate.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello rg,

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    along those lines...…….

They are being smart to demand up-front payment.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

I included a link and a piece of an article on that very issue in the OP. Apparently, the jerkwad is suing for the right to stiff Minneapolis.
    The dumb thing is by the time it gets to court it will be after the fact. It will be a completely moot suit.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,239 Times in 13,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

He's been stiffing subcontractors, tenets, business partners, and students for years, is anyone surprised he's still doing in now? That is who he is

Funny part is that now cities are asking if it is worth having him come

"President Trump plans to rally in Dallas. Will his campaign pay all the bills?"
    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...235673057.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Cinnabar (10-08-2019)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cinnabar,

The dumb thing is by the time it gets to court it will be after the fact. It will be a completely moot suit.
    That is what they get for accommodating a snake.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,155 Times in 33,858 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

He is known for not to pay his bills. He cheated small contractors. I know of one who was forced to go out of business.