1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Controlled Opposition,

Not only have I seen the video, I have learned the actual story behind it. There is no case to be made against Biden. That is why it has never happened.

Biden was urging Shokin TO PROSECUTE Burisma. Not because of Hunter's function, but because the owner was a Yanukovych sympathizer. The RWPM has that exactly backwards. This has been debunked over and over, but the false story was pushed strongly by Fox news and Steve Bannon; so it has staying power. Repeating a lie never makes it true.

Hunter joined the board of Burisma AFTER the chorus of demands for investigation and prosecution began (2012).
    If you saw the video, you know that Ukraine was given six hours to shut down an investigation or lose a billion dollars in military aid. It's too bad it wasn't brought out into the open while Biden was still VP.

As political scandals go, on a scale of 1 to 10, Trump is a 2 and Biden is an 8.

What Trump did was make a legitimate request for Ukraine to launch an investigation into Russiagate. Threedee referenced an excellent article. I encourage you to read it.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....in_120635.html

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

I would be fine with Tulsi Gabbard.

Really, ANY of the Dem candidates would be a VAST improvement over the embarrassment we have now.
    She is the only candidate talking about ending our senseless wars of choice. In debates, she would mop the floor with Trump.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-07-2019)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That alone makes me wonder how deep the tentacles of foreign entities are sunk into our government.
    Jared Kushner is a good starting point.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rns-of-foreign

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,335 Times in 53,236 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Jared Kushner is a good starting point.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rns-of-foreign
    Thanks. Good article.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

She is the only candidate talking about ending our senseless wars of choice. In debates, she would mop the floor with Trump.
    Tulsi Gabbard has a lot to like. But I think it is a safe bet another candidate would also end our senseless wars of choice. Marianne Williamson has pledged to bring some heart to the White House with a focus on rediscovering basic human love for one another and expressing that through establishing a Department of Peace. The DOP would work with the State Department to focus on creative win/win solutions to international disagreements, and also work to further neighborly love at home in our own communities. It would work on learning why people hate, and what can be done to ease tensions. I think most people could agree there is a lot of room for improvement there.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "The Invention of the Conspiracy Theory on Biden and Ukraine"

"How a conservative dark-money group that targeted Hillary Clinton in 2016 spread the discredited story that may lead to Donald Trump’s impeachment."

"Anyone trying to track the Ukrainian conspiracy stories that were eventually embraced by President Trump is likely to get mired in the same echo chamber of right-wing news purveyors that misinformed voters in 2016. A pivotal source of the allegations against the Bidens is the Government Accountability Institute, a Florida-based opposition-research operation that was founded by the former Trump political adviser Stephen Bannon"

"In both instances, much of the coverage of the scandal was kicked off by Peter Schweizer, a longtime conservative political writer who is an editor-at-large at Breitbart News and the president of the Government Accountability Institute. Since its founding, in 2012, the group has largely been funded with millions of dollars in tax-exempt donations from the family foundation of the New York hedge-fund magnate Robert Mercer, who was a major donor to Trump’s 2016 campaign."

"Asked about the Government Accountability Institute’s role in this year’s Biden scandal coverage, Bannon e-mailed to say, “It’s key. It was the predicate,” as it had been for much of the previous Clinton scandal coverage."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...en-and-ukraine

Good read, outlines an orchestrated effort to perpetuate falsehoods they thought would aid Trump in 2020 just as similar conspiracies did in 2016

Interesting how going back to 2004 with the Texan Soup Boat group the right has all these covert entities manufacturing inneundos they easily get echoed throughout the right wing media. This time they have a candidate who could care less about honesty and integrity, plus a choir who will eagerly believe anything that tells them what they want to hear
    The New Yorker. LMAO!

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for this post. It has taken quite some effort on my part to research and learn in order to formulate my response. It has been quite educational. But you're not going to like what I learned.

If you saw the video, you know that Ukraine was given six hours to shut down an investigation or lose a billion dollars in military aid.
    Oh, we all saw the video. Propagandists have made certain of that. What they are hiding is that the investigation had already been shut down, the USA wanted one, and it was a Billion $ of loan guarantees, not aid, which was withheld. Here's part of an article from the Washington Post:

"Trump has claimed that Joe Biden in 2015 pressured the Ukrainian government to fire Shokin because he was investigating Burisma.

But the investigation had already been set aside when Biden acted. Yuri Lutsenko, a former Ukrainian prosecutor general who succeeded the fired prosecutor, told Bloomberg News that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe or Hunter Biden.

Shokin was named prosecutor general in February 2015, one year after Viktor Yanukovych, the country’s president at the time, fled the country for Russia following street protests and violent clashes in the capital, Kiev.

Western officials hoped Shokin would aggressively prosecute the extensive corruption — reportedly totaling in the tens of billions of dollars — that authorities uncovered among Yanukovych and his associates.

Public opinion swiftly turned against Shokin, however. He was seen as insufficiently pursuing, and in some instances hindering, cases against the Yanukovych-era officials.

Among these was an investigation into Zlochevsky, Yanukovych’s minister for ecology and natural resources. [Zlochevsky also happens to OWN BURISMA]

In 2014, authorities in Britain froze $23 million linked to Zlochevsky as part of a case against him for alleged money laundering. Shokin’s predecessor, Vitaly Yarema, failed to provide documents requested by British officials, and the money was released in the beginning of 2015.

In September 2015, then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt gave a speech in which he criticized Shokin for his failure to actively combat corruption.

Calls for Shokin’s dismissal grew through 2015. However, they were resisted by then-President Petro Poroshenko, who had appointed Shokin and with whom he shared a close relationship.

To pressure Poroshenko to dismiss Shokin, the Obama administration threatened to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees.

In March 2016, Shokin was dismissed. "

Trump called this ex-Ukrainian prosecutor ‘very good.’ But he resigned in disgrace.

It's too bad it wasn't brought out into the open while Biden was still VP.
    It was covered at the time. It just wasn't big news for Americans. Biden was not implicated because Biden did nothing wrong.

As political scandals go, on a scale of 1 to 10, Trump is a 2 and Biden is an 8.
    That's only how it works in propaganda-land. In the actual world, Trump is in the red hot seat; and Biden is getting a PR bump in exposure as a good guy who served his nation well.

What Trump did was make a legitimate request for Ukraine to launch an investigation into Russiagate. Threedee referenced an excellent article. I encourage you to read it.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....in_120635.html
    This link does not work for me. Trump's request and additional pressure through many operatives, including his personal fixer lawyer Rudy who is not supposed to be conducting State business, and several text messages, made it clear that Trump was conducting HIS OWN business in Ukraine. On OUR dime. And he broke the law by soliciting campaign help from a foreign national. He also failed to do his duty to promptly facilitate a Congressional directive, a move which prompted McConnell to protest.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden has health issues. All he needs is for his dentures to fall out on the debate stage, or his eye to fill with blood again or experience another cerebral mishap. Tulsi Gabbard could defeat Donald Trump, but she is not enough of an establishment candidate for the DNC.
    hahahahahaha

she cant even get on the radar

I don't mind her

she cant get anywhere NEAR the votes needed