Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a real lie:

"Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    10h10 hours ago

Yesterday’s Never Trumper witness could find NO Quid Pro Quo in the Transcript of the phone call. There were many people listening to the call. How come they (including the President of Ukraine) found NOTHING wrong with it. Witch Hunt!"

Vindman is not a "Never Trumper," has never made any such declaration, has served in a non-partisan way. Vindman was listening to the call and HE found something wrong with it. SO WRONG that he reported it.

And this is a completely legal proceeding. You can bet on that because if it wasn't then Trump would be having his lawyers tear it apart. You know it.

They have nothing, no defense, no standing to say this is not legal and Constitutional. Completely legal impeachment inquiry.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ahhh.

Here's the answer.

Trump is squirming:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-29-2020)

4. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    9h
    I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens. In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book. With that being said, the...

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    9h
    ...transcripts of my calls with President Zelensky are all the proof that is needed, in addition to the fact that President Zelensky & the Foreign Minister of Ukraine said there was no pressure and no problems. Additionally, I met with President Zelensky at the United Nations...

Ahhh, so Bolton revelations are 'fake news' and the only evidence needed is what the defense wants.

Riiiight.

And there's no need to have the president say that under oath because everybody knows he could never tell a lie.

-rolling eyes-

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-27-2020)

6. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Put Bolton under oath and see what he says.

I would believe President Trump over Bolton any day.

7. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I would believe President Trump over Bolton any day.
    Poor Earl is forced to attack the trump administration to try to excuse trump. The "its not trump fault that everyone he appoints is a criminal" defense.

8. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2020)

9. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow!

Trump dumps Fox:

"Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    Really pathetic how @FoxNews
    is trying to be so politically correct by loading the airwaves with Democrats like Chris Van Hollen, the no name Senator from Maryland. He has been on forever playing up the Impeachment Hoax. Dems wouldn’t even give Fox their low ratings debates....

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    .....So, what the hell has happened to @FoxNews
    . Only I know! Chris Wallace and others should be on Fake News CNN or MSDNC. How’s Shep Smith doing? Watch, this will be the beginning of the end for Fox, just like the other two which are dying in the ratings. Social Media is great!"

Allow me to paraphrase the President's thoughts, here:

'Wah wah wah, All of the media is against me. Oh, boo hoo. I'm such a victim, everybody is out to get me. They don't like me because I am so nice. Even Fox has gone to the dark side. I now command you to stop watching Fox. I fired the Trump Channel. Now the whole media is the enemy of me, oh, I mean of the people, well at least the people who still buy in to my BS, er, I mean the Trump cult members, um no, that's not it, oh yeah, the MAGA people, you know, the good people on both sides people, yeah, that's it. Gotta get more coveffe. OK, the thing is I now officially command you to stop watching Fox. That is an executive order. Do you hear me? Are you listening to me? Stop it, I say! And Fox was always pitiful anyway, so there.'

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2020)

11. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Poor Earl is forced to attack the trump administration to try to excuse trump. The "its not trump fault that everyone he appoints is a criminal" defense.
    Earl posted:
    “I would believe President Trump over Bolton any day.”

Poor Walter....never learned to read.

12. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Wow!

Trump dumps Fox:

"Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    Really pathetic how @FoxNews
    is trying to be so politically correct by loading the airwaves with Democrats like Chris Van Hollen, the no name Senator from Maryland. He has been on forever playing up the Impeachment Hoax. Dems wouldn’t even give Fox their low ratings debates....

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    .....So, what the hell has happened to @FoxNews
    . Only I know! Chris Wallace and others should be on Fake News CNN or MSDNC. How’s Shep Smith doing? Watch, this will be the beginning of the end for Fox, just like the other two which are dying in the ratings. Social Media is great!"

Allow me to paraphrase the President's thoughts, here:

'Wah wah wah, All of the media is against me. Oh, boo hoo. I'm such a victim, everybody is out to get me. They don't like me because I am so nice. Even Fox has gone to the dark side. I now command you to stop watching Fox. I fired the Trump Channel. Now the whole media is the enemy of me, oh, I mean of the people, well at least the people who still buy in to my BS, er, I mean the Trump cult members, um no, that's not it, oh yeah, the MAGA people, you know, the good people on both sides people, yeah, that's it. Gotta get more coveffe. OK, the thing is I now officially command you to stop watching Fox. That is an executive order. Do you hear me? Are you listening to me? Stop it, I say! And Fox was always pitiful anyway, so there.'
    FOX News is now run by the two brothers...both far left loons.

President Trump is acknowledging that, Snowflake.

13. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another tweet storm blew in overnight.

Trump is pretty rattled by the latest turn in his impeachment trial (which he would be perfectly welcome to attend if he was so interested. Heck, he could testify if he wanted to. He could 'man up' like Clinton did, if he had it in him.

Pretty rattled:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    8h
    Why didn’t John Bolton complain about this “nonsense” a long time ago, when he was very publicly terminated. He said, not that it matters, NOTHING!
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    11h
    No matter how many witnesses you give the Democrats, no matter how much information is given, like the quickly produced Transcripts, it will NEVER be enough for them. They will always scream UNFAIR. The Impeachment Hoax is just another political CON JOB!

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-29-2020)

15. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Another tweet storm blew in overnight.

Trump is pretty rattled by the latest turn in his impeachment trial (which he would be perfectly welcome to attend if he was so interested. Heck, he could testify if he wanted to. He could 'man up' like Clinton did, if he had it in him.

Pretty rattled:

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    8h
    Why didn’t John Bolton complain about this “nonsense” a long time ago, when he was very publicly terminated. He said, not that it matters, NOTHING!
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    11h
    No matter how many witnesses you give the Democrats, no matter how much information is given, like the quickly produced Transcripts, it will NEVER be enough for them. They will always scream UNFAIR. The Impeachment Hoax is just another political CON JOB!
    Do you believe that 20 Republican Senators will vote for conviction?

16. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Why didn’t John Bolton complain about this “nonsense” a long time ago, when he was very publicly terminated. "

Uh, pardon us Mr. Trump, but Bolton said he quit before you said he was fired.

17. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    11h

Well, if anybody should know a con job, it would be a con MAN.

18. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    For a guy who couldn’t get approved for the Ambassador to the U.N. years ago, couldn’t get approved for anything since, “begged” me for a non Senate approved job, which I gave him despite many saying “Don’t do it, sir,” takes the job, mistakenly says “Libyan Model” on T.V., and..

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    1h
    ....many more mistakes of judgement, gets fired because frankly, if I listened to him, we would be in World War Six by now, and goes out and IMMEDIATELY writes a nasty & untrue book. All Classified National Security. Who would do this?

Um Gee, let's take a wild guess.. duh, somebody you SHAFTED???

19. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Earl posted:
    “I would believe President Trump over Bolton any day.”
    You are forced to claim that trump's administration is nothing but criminals in some last hope defense of trump.

I am perfectly fine with admitting Bolton is being less than honest trying to escape blame for the criminal conspiracy. That presupposes a criminal conspiracy. And it is very difficult to think of a criminal conspiracy that did not involve trump.

20. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you believe that 20 Republican Senators will vote for conviction?
    I doubt anything would convince 20 Republican Senators to vote for impeachment. trump could murder Bolton on the Senate floor, and they will not vote for impeachment.

And there will be a price to pay for that. Reluctant trump supporters will stay home and not vote. Moderates will vote Democratic. And Republican Senators will be especially targeted.

You seem to be forgetting what the whole point of this exercise is. It is the ultimate wedge issue, and Republicans are on the wrong side of the wedge. They are not going to get a compromise to make this go away.