Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trump Is Just 6 Votes Away From Impeachment

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    You are confusing the House and the Senate. The OP is about the Senate. It's the House that initiates impeachment. That's pretty much certain to pass, if it ever comes to a vote.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The OP specifically mentions impeachment, so, it must be about the House. If it were talking about the Senate, it would have said six votes short of conviction.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2019)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is that what you said about the Mueller investigation?

that's what she said!
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    The OP specifically mentions impeachment, so, it must be about the House. If it were talking about the Senate, it would have said six votes short of conviction.
    You obviously only read the thread title. The actual OP is quite specific.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-11-2019)

6. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It all depends on polling. Right now, Romney is the only one who could get away with it. Ninety something percent of Republican voters don't want to see trump impeached. We'll see what happens midway through next year.
    The polling was worse for Republicans at this point in the process when they impeached Nixon.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (10-11-2019)

8. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,065 Times in 14,550 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,389 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

The polling was worse for Republicans at this point in the process when they impeached Nixon.
    That was a very different time.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Threedee,

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    There's a bit of ambiguity surrounding the word 'impeachment.' The general sense of the word is that it is a way to remove a sitting President. Specifically, you are correct, of course. Impeachment occurs in the House, but the president is not removed from office unless the Senate convicts. If you reread the OP, you will find that the thread title comes from the linked article, which is 2 years old and was speaking in the hypothetical about the House. I used it as a hook-title to draw attention to the thread so it would have some staying power. It is sad that an important discussion has to play a popularity game with the trash-thread dumps of trolls, but I can't change that. Continue reading in the OP and I discuss the intent of the thread, which is to surmise at the prospects of who among the 53 Republican Senators might vote which way on conviction.

After the exercise of examining the politics of each of the 53 has been completed we stand at an estimation that Trump is just 7 votes away from conviction in the Senate. But obviously I couldn't have known that or how to more precisely name the thread until the thread evolved and the input was received to try to make an approximation about each of the 53.

That being said, if you have any disagreement about specific Senators and feel they have been incorrectly placed in one of the columns please divulge. If it sounds astute, I'll adjust accordingly.

Right now it stands at

13 Y , 7 more needed to convict.

13 N , 21 more needed to acquit.

27 M , left to decide, could go either way.

Give us a quote or a story from one of the M's (or others) and maybe we can whittle this down some more. Let's use our collective understanding to form the most accurate prediction we can with what we know now. Naturally, this is completely hypothetical and probably will not reflect the actual vote. But I'm just curious enough to try this (hopefully once in a very blue moon) exercise to see how close we can get, or if our efforts are totally off base.

I had wished to see some professional political pundits trying to do this, and was dismayed that none would attempt it. I found nothing. So we just had to do it ourselves right here at JPP!

Now I have to wonder if Vegas is beginning to take odds on it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

11. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello rjhenn,

You obviously only read the thread title. The actual OP is quite specific.

I once made a thread which generated a spirited discussion, during which I wanted to refer back to an article I had linked in the OP. That was when I discovered the link was broken. It took you nowhere. That prompted a bit of searching to try to find the article again and repair the link. That was when I was dismayed to realize nobody had even bothered to read the linked article.

I often spent inordinate amounts of time researching the subjects being discussed prior to making my own posts. My visits here are VERY informative because my goal is to learn about the topics under discussion and become better politically informed. That, apparently, places me in a very small minority, one I am glad to inhabit. When I talk to people with opposing views and they post things I know to be false, it is more than a feeling. And that makes me all the more certain that my views are more accurate than theirs. Liberals generally are right, and conservatives generally are indeed wrong about much of what they post. I remain convinced that being liberal is far better for the USA than being conservative. If it were not for liberals this country would have self-destructed a LONG time ago. But still, we do need conservatives. We need to hear their views to balance our own, and to make sure that we do not become complacent. This nation is designed to function on the basis of all views, and that's a beautiful thing. Our freedom of expression is to be cherished. That's why my User Title is: "Diversity Makes Greatness." I remain strongly convinced of that after all I have learned. If I had the characters, I would have made it: "Diversity Makes America Great."

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

13. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That was a very different time.
    Yes, but it demonstrates that partisanship is not everything.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

15. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 420 Times in 386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Trump never admitted anything of the sort you lying hack. You have brain damage don't you?

The ANONYMOUS FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER'S account was proven false by the actual transcript shit-for-brains. How stupid are you leftists?
    Sorry shit for brains, the phone text proves the shithead asked a foreign power to help him in his election by opening a fake investigation into Biden. Don't even need the whistleblower even if it did match that phone text.

Lawmakers Debate Credibility Of Details In Whistleblower's Complaint
    President Trump pressured his Ukrainian counterpart in a phone call to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, Biden's son. And what the whistleblower says in the complaint essentially matches what we saw in the account of the phone call that the White House released this week.

16. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 420 Times in 386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again; you're delusional outbursts are not connected to reality. The Republican Party, other than a few loons who will lose their elections, will not stand by and allow the Fascists in the Party of the Jackass to usurp the will of the voters because Democrats are mad they lost in 2016.

They will not allow impeachment to go through based on innuendo, hyperbole and the lunatic rantings of morons like Nadler and Schiff.

They will not allow impeachment to go through based on hearsay and a lie filled ANONYMOUS FAKE WHISTLEBLOWER'S claims.
    Just watch.

17. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Sorry shit for brains, the phone text proves the shithead asked a foreign power to help him in his election by opening a fake investigation into Biden. Don't even need the whistleblower even if it did match that phone text.
    Sorry shit for brains; but the phone call does not indicate anything of the sort you whiny, pathetic, brain dead fucked up loser.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

18. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just watch.
    I am; I have been watching morons like you look like dumbasses for decades. I save your stupid predictions and shove them back into your smug faces. But it doesn't seem to affect your stupidity because you morons just come back for more.

The Mueller HOAX was a massive embarrassment for the Party of the Jackass and the PHONY media. Now we are getting a replay just months after that massive HOAX was exposed as a fraud.

You morons on the left have the lowest IQ on the planet thinking that you can keep playing from the same lie filled playbook over and over again.

I have a bet thread asshole; take the fucking bet if you think you are so damned smart! https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...to-participate
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Threedee,

There's a bit of ambiguity surrounding the word 'impeachment.' The general sense of the word is that it is a way to remove a sitting President. Specifically, you are correct, of course. Impeachment occurs in the House, but the president is not removed from office unless the Senate convicts. If you reread the OP, you will find that the thread title comes from the linked article, which is 2 years old and was speaking in the hypothetical about the House. I used it as a hook-title to draw attention to the thread so it would have some staying power. It is sad that an important discussion has to play a popularity game with the trash-thread dumps of trolls, but I can't change that. Continue reading in the OP and I discuss the intent of the thread, which is to surmise at the prospects of who among the 53 Republican Senators might vote which way on conviction.

After the exercise of examining the politics of each of the 53 has been completed we stand at an estimation that Trump is just 7 votes away from conviction in the Senate. But obviously I couldn't have known that or how to more precisely name the thread until the thread evolved and the input was received to try to make an approximation about each of the 53.

That being said, if you have any disagreement about specific Senators and feel they have been incorrectly placed in one of the columns please divulge. If it sounds astute, I'll adjust accordingly.

Right now it stands at

13 Y , 7 more needed to convict.

13 N , 21 more needed to acquit.

27 M , left to decide, could go either way.

Give us a quote or a story from one of the M's (or others) and maybe we can whittle this down some more. Let's use our collective understanding to form the most accurate prediction we can with what we know now. Naturally, this is completely hypothetical and probably will not reflect the actual vote. But I'm just curious enough to try this (hopefully once in a very blue moon) exercise to see how close we can get, or if our efforts are totally off base.

I had wished to see some professional political pundits trying to do this, and was dismayed that none would attempt it. I found nothing. So we just had to do it ourselves right here at JPP!

Now I have to wonder if Vegas is beginning to take odds on it.
    Vegas won't give odds where it can only stand to lose money.

20. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    that's what she said!
    Your usual nonsense.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

21. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Truth Deflector, like all Trumpanzees, lives in a world of his own, based on the delusion that Trump is sent by God and can do no wrong.