Thread: Greta Thunberg

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,125 Times in 11,698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And what percentage do the above names make up of the 97% of world climate scientists who concur on the facts of man-made climate change?
    * Consensus is not used in science. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. There is no elite voting bloc in science.
    * The 97% number is a randU fallacy, generated through bad math. You are now denying statistical mathematics.
    * Not a 'fact'. A void argument fallacy. Define 'climate change'.
    Climate Deniers’ Favorite Scientist Quietly Took Money From The Fossil Fuel Industry
    There is no fossil fuel industry. Fossils don't burn. Bigotry. Bulverism fallacy. False accusation. Void argument fallacy. Be specific. Just saying any of these people took money from anyone doesn't cut it.
    * Science isn't scientists or any group of scientists. It isn't people at all. It is a set of falsifiable theories.

* You can't trap heat.
    * You can't trap light.
    * You can't create energy out of nothing.
    * You can't heat a warmer surface using a colder gas.
    * You can't reduce the radiance of Earth and increase its temperature.

The 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, which you deny, ARE falsifiable theories of science.
    The Stefan-Boltzmann law, which you deny, IS a falsifiable theory of science.
    Statistical mathematics, which you deny, IS part of mathematics.

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    It's a change of climate. It will even affect repetitious trolls such as yourself.
    Circular definition. You can't define a word with itself. Define 'climate change'.

3. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The young ladies issues have nothing to to do with her belief and passion in raising awareness of a very urgent and worldwide crisis. In fact, there is something very wrong emotionally, morally, socially and cognitively with folks that are in denial of the problem.
    Crisis? What crisis? Climate 'crisis'? Define 'climate change'.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Terri4Trump (09-25-2019)

5. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Crisis? What crisis? Climate 'crisis'? Define 'climate change'.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an intelligent answer

6. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,660 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

The young ladies issues have nothing to to do with her belief and passion in raising awareness of a very urgent and worldwide crisis. In fact, there is something very wrong emotionally, morally, socially and cognitively with folks that are in denial of the problem.
    You need to read...and try to understand... her background.....Her issues are Directly related to her "beliefs/passion"....

7. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    You need to read...and try to understand... her background.....Her issues are Directly related to her "beliefs/passion"....
    More than likely (a favorite term used by CLIMATE nuts....that they call science)….this child's PASSION derives from the 15 minutes of fame and the monies being funneled her way via George Soros and Bill Gates, she is no different than the average teen who KNOWS NOTHING yet demands they are owed EVERYTHING. Its who they are, its what they do, its the nature of the beast....what teen would turn down a chance like this, think of the face book accolade, she will be the toast of the teen world for a whole 15 minutes. Using children...often challenged children is the standard MO of the fascist left....remember them dragging out crippled children in wheel chairs when they were beating their war drums over stem cell research....then one need look no further than the Weinstein/ Epstein scandals...children mean nothing to these animals.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-25-2019)

9. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    More than likely (a favorite term used by CLIMATE nuts....that they call science)….this child's PASSION derives from the 15 minutes of fame and the monies being funneled her way via George Soros and Bill Gates, she is no different than the average teen who KNOWS NOTHING yet demands they are owed EVERYTHING. Its who they are, its what they do, its the nature of the beast....what teen would turn down a chance like this, think of the face book accolade, she will be the toast of the teen world for a whole 15 minutes.
    She's a child with very special needs and issues, so she is different than the average teen...but yes, they've all taken advantage of her....and will continue to until she breaks....it's really very sad because, "more than likely", she will...beyond repair....

10. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Well- that was your cover for Denier Choir ecocidal horseshit- but it's fallen on its ass. The kid is a global heroine.
    Yes, she is. I'm sure the fake sympathy shown here would touch her heart if only she gave a shit about alleged adults going apeshit because a 16-yo girl is a inspiration to millions.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

12. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yes, she is. I'm sure the fake sympathy shown here would touch her heart if only she gave a shit about alleged adults going apeshit because a 16-yo girl is a inspiration to millions.
    Yes she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    She's the poster child of what early indoctrination does to a child. Look at most any photo of her, watch her speech at the UN and compare that with well adjusted, happy kids. She suffers from irrational anxiety, perpetual anger and depression.
    Kinda reminds me of that old commercial - "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs."
    No parent wants their kid to be like that. No kid wants to be like that.
    Go to school, do your homework, engage in healthy after school activities.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-25-2019), TOP (09-25-2019)

14. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She's a child with very special needs and issues, so she is different than the average teen...but yes, they've all taken advantage of her....and will continue to until she breaks....it's really very sad because, "more than likely", she will...beyond repair....
    Even if your lies about her turn out to be true, one would think that even a lunch room lady like you would be proud of a kid who managed to overcome them and become an international spokesperson for an extremely serious issue. Of course, that would be assuming that even an ex-lunch room lady cared about a kid with issues, and wasn't just using them to bash her. You know, like you do with everyone you claim has "issues." Here, got you this at the store today! Look at yourself! Just look! Aren't you lovely? Look what your Maybelline Hate-Makeup(tm) has DONE for your looks!

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

16. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

I was a teen once.....I personally thought my moms and pops were the stupidest human beings on earth.....I knew everything, they knew nothing. I was drafted......after a few months of Basic and AIT, I had a 2 week leave before shipping overseas. You'd be surprised what my parents learned while I was away for that short amount of time.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Into the Night (09-25-2019), TOP (09-25-2019)

18. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

i wouldn't be surprised at all...I'm a parent and retired MS/HS teacher and coach...
    (My comments about Greta are ones of sincere concern...I taught Special Education for over 30 years...and still am very involved at school and with the kids-former students as well...)

No one believes that any more, so give it up already. No one believes you have the slightest bit of concern for Greta either. How many ppl does this make now, that you've diagnosed from afar and assigned the need for therapy to? The Parkland kids. Dr. Ford. Mrs. Obama. Almost every rape victim who was being discussed on a political forum. Every other person on a political forum (on the left, only, of course) who admitted to any sort of mental or emotional issue -- or you made up a mental issue for them -- Lisa, Jade, Leigh, Mina, Domer, Bourbon, me, etc.

Mirror, mirror.

19. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-28-2019)

21. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I was a teen once.....I personally thought my moms and pops were the stupidest human beings on earth.....I knew everything, they knew nothing. I was drafted......after a few months of Basic and AIT, I had a 2 week leave before shipping overseas. You'd be surprised what my parents learned while I was away for that short amount of time.
    i wouldn't be surprised at all...I'm a parent and retired MS/HS teacher and coach...
    (My comments about Greta are ones of sincere concern...I taught Special Education for over 30 years...and still am very involved at school and with the kids-former students as well...)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

23. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are easily impressed and overly emotional. Are you saying you were not interested in the environment until you saw a mentally ill teenager?
    Last edited by Controlled Opposition; 09-25-2019 at 06:12 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

25. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes, she is. I'm sure the fake sympathy shown here
    Even if the sympathy were fake (it's not in my case) just giving lip service to it is far better than the left congratulating itself on the mental destruction of a child who's been brainwashed into saying what they want to hear which is basically... 'my life has been ruined because of climate change." She believes it, you love hearing it and you love the fact that climate hoaxsters succeeded in making her believe it. Why hasn't "climate change" destroyed well adjusted kids' lives?
    would touch her heart if only she gave a shit about alleged adults going apeshit because a 16-yo girl is a inspiration to millions.
    She's an inspiration for mental health awareness, whether she cares about it or not. We know you don't.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post: