Thread: Just Admit It, Democrats: You Want to Lose Next Year

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 69 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I don't actually think they WANT to lose.........
    Obviously the title is hyperbole

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

just tightening the screws on the torture table....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump 2020 win projected by 3 different models, New York Times op-ed says

The combination of a strong economy and the built-in advantages for an incumbent gives President Trump a "formidable" advantage in his bid for re-election, according to a New York Times op-ed.

Steven Rattner, who served as counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration and worked on the auto industry bailouts, explained in his piece that three separate projection models currently point to a win for Trump.

One model by Ray Fair, a professor at Yale, projects Trump's 2020 vote share as high as 56 percent given the economic boom, but that does not account for voters' issues with the president's personality.

"As recent polls show, if the election were today, he would lose to most of the Democratic hopefuls by a substantial margin; in the case of Joe Biden, by nearly 8 percentage points," said Rattner. A recent Fox News poll found Democratic presidential frontrunner Joe Biden with a double-digit lead over Trump.

Fair's model -- which pegged Barack Obama's vote shares nearly on the dot -- showed Trump should have received 54 percent of the vote in 2016, but Trump actually got 48.8 percent against Hillary Clinton. "I’m quite confident that the gap was a function of the generally unfavorable rankings on Mr. Trump’s personal qualities," Rattner wrote.

A Monmouth University poll last week showed just 37 percent of voters believe Trump should be re-elected, while 60 percent prefer a new president. Rattner said in addition to Fair, two other projection models give Trump a clear edge.

"Mark Zandi, the chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, has looked at 12 models, and Mr. Trump wins in all of them. Donald Luskin of Trend Macrolytics has reached the same conclusion in his examination of the Electoral College," Rattner wrote

SOURCE LINK

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump is a fucking crook who works for his own benefit. That is his whole life. He loses in head to head races with nearly every Dem. Warren has spent a lifetime working for the people. She is educated, moral and knows and respects the law. Trump will be fighting impeachment because his asking another foreign nation to interfere in our elections is a bridge too far. He got away with it once, so he figured "why not do it again".
    Who would vote for a conman and a grifter? Trump lies for sport and amusement.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump is a fucking crook........
    No, you're just an idiot

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terri4Trump View Post
    Just Admit It, Democrats: You Want to Lose Next Year

If Democratic Party leaders aren’t re-watching last week’s debate in Houston, they should. If they have watched it and aren’t freaking out over what they see, it’s fair to ask whether they actually want Donald Trump to win a second term. That session was a debacle for the party and the field: Nearly three tortuous hours of tails wagging dogs, petty sniping, and a lack of vision all the Lasik surgery in the world couldn’t cure.

Read it all.

Just Admit It, Democrats: You Want to Lose Next Year | RealClearPolitics
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ar_141282.html

I believe they are bearing the fruits of making sure no one could challenge the anointed Hillary, who they believed would be running for re-election right now.