Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren passes Biden, takes the lead in prized Iowa poll

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Red states love the 'free stuff', progressives favor the rest of your rant, true

go eat your borscht
    trolling bullshit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Earl (09-22-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    trolling bullshit
    as opposed to your just plain bull shitshow

4. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-22-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

free stuff ( college, guaranteed income) and extreme taxation ( like trillions needed for New Green Deal) is by definition radical redistribution. Those are "mainstream"progressive ideas.

How many times have I heard "tax the rich" when the rich are already way taxed they pay the bulk of income taxes - which is fine -but progs look at the rich as being a problem ( instead of wealth creation by hiring and investing).

Virtually anytime they come up with more spending ideas, they point to taxing the rich more.
    Warren wants a "wealth tax" ffs.
    not content to bleed the rich she then wants to come back and slice off 2% Of THEIR WEALTH annually!

Dems are statists -the more power to the central government, the happier they are.
    I remind you the US was set up for "the pursuit of happiness" not guaranteeing it

Populism is closest to being libertarianism. I want to have complete control of my body.
    I want to be able to smoke pot for anxiety, and pain pills for pain management as me and my doctor see fit
    without the DEA and CDC telling me I cant. If you want to vape or smoke cigs -have at it.
    I basically want as little government as possible -just enough to further that pursuit, but not control/direct it.

Populism at it's heart is a sovereign people
    ( like the 10th where all powers not invested to the government resides in the people ). Power to the people.
    Excellent.

Thanks, anatta

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

anatta (09-22-2019)

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

as opposed to your just plain bull shitshow
    feel free to STFU and let me and crow talk -unless you have something to contribute ? of course you don't

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

free stuff ( college, guaranteed income) and extreme taxation ( like trillions needed for New Green Deal) is by definition radical redistribution. Those are "mainstream"progressive ideas.
    If we can do it for the military... If we can raise the taxes back to where they where just for the billionaire class before Trump. It's fine. Further, deficits don't matter as stated by Cheney and enacted by Trump. What that can translate too is that by putting Americans to work on everything associated with the green new deal, infrastructure, smart grid etc. It will mitigate the deficit besides little known fact, The United States government is not some household, it's a sovereign government that issues it's own currency. It can absolutely be done. It's just a failure in shared belief in one another and our nation, which is by design.

How many times have I heard "tax the rich" when the rich are already way taxed they pay the bulk of income taxes - which is fine -but progs look at the rich as being a problem ( instead of wealth creation by hiring and investing).
    I've no problem with wealth, I have a problem with grotesque manipulation of the political system wealth. There is a profound difference.

Virtually anytime they come up with more spending ideas, they point to taxing the rich more.
    Warren wants a "wealth tax" ffs.
    not content to bleed the rich she then wants to come back and slice off 2% Of THEIR WEALTH annually!
    Except they at that this time pay no tax. Just look at Amazon, ATT etc for facts.

Dems are statists -the more power to the central government, the happier they are.
    I remind you the US was set up for "the pursuit of happiness" not guaranteeing it
    No the Establishment big monied corporate entities pits the parties against us to do it's bidding. Dems and GOP are two sides of the same con.

Populism is closest to being libertarianism. I want to have complete control of my body.
    Yeah except abortion, clean water, air and food, sure.

I want to be able to smoke pot for anxiety, and pain pills for pain management as me and my doctor see fit
    without the DEA and CDC telling me I cant. If you want to vape or smoke cigs -have at it.
    Were on the same page with that one. In spite of all the failings of Chicago, as a resident, I know, they and the state are on it with that one. Check out what they are doing about how to approach legalization in Illinois
    I basically want as little government as possible -just enough to further that pursuit, but not control/direct it.
    I think most sane people want that. It's called smart regulation, not just for emotional reasons.

Populism at it's heart is a sovereign people
    ( like the 10th where all powers not invested to the government resides in the people ). Power to the people.
    LOL like sovereign citizens?...mkay.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crowonapost For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2019)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Red states love the 'free stuff', progressives favor the rest of your rant, true

go eat your borscht
    Wait, what's wrong with borscht?

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crowonapost View Post
    Good for you, Ra ra football. Of course you do. You could give two shits to the wind about the country you only care about da' win of party, no matter the cost.
    BTW do you mean the party that won WWII or the party that left Vietnam, destroyed Iraq and can't resolve Afghanistan? Just trying to figure which goal post you are changing today.
    I was talking about the party that won the Civil War, and not the party that lost in Vietnam, and recently screwed-up Libya.

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I was talking about the party that won the Civil War, and not the party that lost in Vietnam, and recently screwed-up Libya.
    lol. okay. You mean back when it was less about party and more about a governing coalition. Gotta' dig deep on that one. Like people, parties change over time. The GOP then was and is very different than the one now. Just as it's the same for Dem party. Ironically on substance I'd say the two's principles have flipped. Either way doesn't matter they still are two sides of a same coin that's owned by corps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to crowonapost For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2019)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol. okay. You mean back when it was less about party and more about a governing coalition. Gotta' dig deep on that one. Like people, parties change over time. The GOP then was and is very different than the one now. Just as it's the same for Dem party. Ironically on substance I'd say the two's principles have flipped. Either way doesn't matter they still are two sides of a same coin that's owned by corps.
    We're still here, providing a moral voice against the Democrats excesses. Heck, our first platform had a provision defending traditional marriage.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    We're still here, providing a moral voice against the Democrats excesses. Heck, our first platform had a provision defending traditional marriage.
    Swish... right over the head, even looking up with the mouth open too.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 Times in 27,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Biden still beats Trump by a far wider margin than Warren and Sanders put together plus a few more of them.

That will count for a lot when it comes down to who becomes the candidate.
    we have to beat the republican candidate by 10 points just to eek a win due to the constant cheating the republican party does

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No. Biden has and is nothing. He's an enabling Republican. We need a move forward from Southern Democrat GOP enabler, little bitches. He's small minded blue dog, trying to work with idiot fascist, called the GOP.
    We need either Sanders or Warren, doesn't matter which one, they are moving in alignment with the current authentic world, not the corporate enablers or the corps whores. That
    is where this is going. Warren is the detailed and softer side of Sanders but don't get blinded, these two are real old school progressive movement.
    Sanders is Russian tainted idiot

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Putin helped Sanders and the green party candidate Jill Stein

THAT IS DOCUMENTED FACT

Sanders last campaign hired TAD DEVINE a guy who worked for and with Manifort in the Ukraine to help the Russians

COLD HARD FACT

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

The Dem party abandoned its Progressive roots and became Republican-lite so now any representative who veers back to the left where it belongs is painted by the media and the powers that be to be too far left...so let's call BULL-SHIT! on that notion.

It's also been the left wing that has put policies in place that actually build, maintain and protect a middle class as the right wing seeks to destroy it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2019)