Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren passes Biden, takes the lead in prized Iowa poll

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    And as sad as it is to say it out loud, the establishment Dems have done nothing to fix this issue. In fact, they vote to bail out the culprits...

Privatize The Profits/Socialize The Losses has become the accepted status quo. It is no small wonder that the new crop of Democratic representatives are being vilified by the establishment wing of both parties. The worst Dem representative is way better than the best Republi-con and they do fight for some legislation that benefits the masses BUT they never address campaign finance reform or corporate corruption in earnest and their dropping of the Progressive ball has been monumental in bringing us to this point where a monster like Trump has managed to slither into The White House.
    I equate the two party system to an abusive relationship with the GOP being a wife beater and the establishment Dems being the enabling wife who secretly likes the stepford wives perks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crowonapost For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2019)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    These weirdoes think their in the good old McCarthy days! Praise capitalism - it keeps idiots alive till 120, at the mere cost of their brains!
    Yes, some of them appear in the 2020 democratic debates.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cinnabar,

One of the things Biden has going for him is he served as VP to a black president. That gives him an automatic in for those blacks who may not be well informed politically. Sanders struggles with the black vote among that same set, despite the fact that he took part in the civil rights movement fighting for black rights. The knowledge that he did that isn't well known, and he is not getting proper credit for his contributions. Warren polls better among blacks.
    Where you getting those numbers about Warren? From what I’ve seen Biden polls best, by far, among black voters and then it’s Sanders. Warren not even close to leading

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    So no, you have no argument.
    There's nothing to argue because you made no point. You did not argue a damn thing actually. You literally just did some name calling and somehow think you made some scholarly point, lol.
    So the level of discourse we have is well, this lovely back and forth.
    Now go take your lil marbles and declare yourself the winner, so the adults can continue to have some much needed adult time.

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crowonapost View Post
    I equate the two party system to an abusive relationship with the GOP being a wife beater and the establishment Dems being the enabling wife who secretly likes the stepford wives perks.
    Fair analogy.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

trade war is a long term play. Just like we gave our jobs away we gave China a path to steal our intellectual property, restrict their markets for our imports, and various other malign behaviors that impact balance of payments.

It hasn't hit us consumers tOo hard yet ( little inflation) but it will if we can't get it done.

The best thing the Dems could do is pass NAFTA 2 -which would signal Chna we can ratify any agreement with them as well
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    1) Nonsense. They never have before because that's what their rabid base expects of them and why they continue to vote them back into office. If they supported Warren's agenda by casting a Senate vote for it, THAT is what they'd have to answer for in the next election.

2) Get real, friend.

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

Not outside of progressives' pipe dreams, anyway.
    Yeah, I 'll stick with 'wait and see' over your crystal ball. A lot of things that were never expected have already happened.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    no it's not real -that's communism talking.
    Upward mobility is what is needed and you do that by expanding opportunities, jobs and advancement (training/education)
    I swear to Great Buddha I *shudder* when I read such increasingly common crap from the young and dumb.
    We will have to disagree on that. Class warfare is absolutely real. Much of it is indirect and has to do with the way big money buys it's way with government. Legalized corruption is class warfare. It's not like people of limited means can buy their own laws and government actions. And what are these things used for? Why, to fleece ever more wealth out of the 99%, that's what. It's why health care is so expensive.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cinnabar (09-22-2019)

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

no it doesn't. Created wealth come thru increased opportunities - like good jobs and education.
    Likke this economy. The wealthy are doing great, but SO IS THE MIDDLE CLASS with significant wage growth
    and high paying career jobs.
    The middle class is either doing great and becoming rich or they are losing out and slipping into poverty. The middle class is vanishing before our eyes.

The wealthy invest in plants, or financial services -whatever, and that how you get jobs.
    Of course there are middle class entrepenuers as well; and you support them with tax breaks/infrastructure
    That investing is all aimed at one thing. Producing profits. The single most effective way for producing profits is figuring out a new way to do an old thing with fewer workers.

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you pay for it then -not me.
    The problem with college is costs controls. simply adding more and more money to an over-priced situation
    means the costs keep going up.
    Colleges are awash in cash -fix that before you bleed more taxes
    Do both. Find ways to reduce the cost of college and make it part of standard public education. K-12 becomes K-16.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Children are required to attend school up to age 16 or so. College is a choice. And state-funded colleges are just one of the choices. You have a much smaller percentage of kids going to college and the numbers are spread out between public and private. I think if the numbers were crunched, it wouldn't be as much of a tax hit as people think.
    The thing that is being overlooked about free college is the ROI.

I wish the proponents would point this out.

Society invests in providing a proper education to the populace and the graduates then go get better jobs which pumps up the economy and revenue. That's the return. Gotta see the big picture. What goes around comes around. It's not like spending on education is thrown away. That's a myth.

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi anatta,

again though the problem is costs -not access. simply adding more costs to the taxpayer doesn't solve the problem
    plus it's a MASSIVE SUBSIDY.
    Most state colleges are pretty affordable pthe staes can't print money lk the feds,and they already spend enormous amounts on education.

PS we need a trades program as well
    We've got trades programs and I certainly would support adding more.

When a state invests in college that money isn't lost. It comes back to the state when the grads go to work and pump up the economy. This generates the revenue that makes public education actually pay for itself. Better public education = more paybacks to society.

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello crowonapost,

Okay but it was us who literally gave incentives to American business to move their manufacturing over to China. Both parties btw. I remember it happening real time in the 90's. The way this administration is going after China is absolutely ignorant. You incentivize those same companies to move manufacturing back here not to some other cheap labor country like Vietnam which is EXACTLY what's happening.
    How is that done?

The labor costs overseas are so much lower than the US. That's the main reason MFG left. How do you talk profit-oriented people into accepting less profits?

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

we are using incentives. we cut corporate taxes way back. Deregulation ( reducing the costs and planning of business) also is very big.
    and we are getting those jobs back.
    Under Trump we grew 487k manufacturing jobs -Obama lost 200k
    Pardon me while I doubt those numbers.

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Where you getting those numbers about Warren? From what I’ve seen Biden polls best, by far, among black voters and then it’s Sanders. Warren not even close to leading
    I don't recall. I think I heard on PBS Newshour.