I am not talking about the kind of amnesty you are probably thinking about. Such as that which has been handed out to illegal invaders (immigrants) by many administrations over the decades. The kind of amnesty I am talking about involves those who have committed no crime. Wouldn't such an amnesty for non-criminals be much more easing on the conscience of moderators to hand out?

Those who I am speaking of are those who have been banned. I have noticed that the rules around here have changed. This forum has made Freedom Of Speech more than just a concept. I was even able to call an African American (the first time I ever used that term in a forum) moderator a nigger without getting banned. If you even hinted at challenging the authority of a moderator at most other forums, they would ban you straight away. Neither would the avatar I use be permitted at most other forums.

But in the past, this forum was every bit as restrictive as any other forum. No doubt there were many people who were banned when this forum was like that. But sense things have changed around here, how about an amnesty for them. I ask the mods at this forum because those banned members can't. Or if there are any "socks" around here, it would be nice for the mods around here to let them tell what username they were banned under and be given a second chance. Does anybody else around here agree with this idea?