Thread: Beto O'Rourke Named 'AR-15 Salesman of the Year' by NRA

1. #46 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Thanks RB. I know you are not one of the gun nuts. You just grew up with guns like I did, you probably hunted at one time or another, or still do. You realize a man has to protect his family and property in this mean old crazy unpredictable world, and having a gun in the house, is the best and easiest option to have. You are probably very responsible with your guns and know how to keep guns safe in your home and out of the hands of children or bugulars.

You are what I call the 95% of responsible gun owners with the very best intentions for their guns.

And, I just want to say, that I support yours and mine 2nd amendment right to have and do all the above.

I can also say, that you and your kind of gun ownership is not the concerns of Democrats who want to see some safety measures taken by the government concerning the sale of guns in America.

I am a sensible person, and I would never be any part of a political party that would do anything to hinder your rights to defend yourself or your family.

I only want to see sensible gun laws that make sense to the majority of people just like you and me.

We just disagree on a common conundrum in American society today- You say nothing can be done by the government to make society safer regarding the sale of guns- and I say YES, some things can be done to make us all safer from the sale of guns to the public at large.

But, trust me, you and I have more in common with the things we do agree on, than the few things that we find ourselves disagreeing on concerning guns and gun ownership in America.

I think the largest problem we have in America today is the misunderstanding of Democrats and Republicans have of each other in the gun debate issues.

Why? Because politics can be very nasty. And it got nasty long before you and I were born into this nasty division that has only gotten worse during our lifetime.

I also believe that Democrats and Republicans are never going to even agree on what the 2nd amendment even means. I know it says what it says, but it worded in a manner that proves that it had very little thought and imagination and lack of consideration of consequences by those that wrote it at the time it was written.

Just want you to know, even though we do not know each other personally, and we are not friends, we find ourselves on different sides of the political spectrum, but you are not my enemy, and I intend you no harm or bad will in any way!
    So, if 95% are responsible and their ownership is not in question, that leaves 5%. Just how many of those 5% of irresponsible gun owners use them illegally? Maybe .01% or less?
    Should the gov't further restrict those of us who are not a threat to public safety just because a minute percentage might be? I say no.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    So, if 95% are responsible and their ownership is not in question, that leaves 5%. Just how many of those 5% of irresponsible gun owners use them illegally? Maybe .01% or less?
    Should the gov't further restrict those of us who are not a threat to public safety just because a minute percentage might be? I say no.
    mass shooters use legally purchased assault rifles, everyone knows that except teahicks

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    RB I don't figure you are someone who would go out and rob any banks either.

But, I'm not ready to lift the law that makes it illegal to rob banks either!

You seem to want to argue about the effectiveness of laws that are put in place to deter crimes. and establish punishments for the crimes.

Based on your theory, and your attitude about law, we might as well just do away with the laws- all laws since you don't think they are working for us and that laws are so unnecessary.

For heaven's sake! Let's just go back to the wild west and settle everything at High Noon in the street by seeing who can sling their gun the fastest!

Is that what you want? Because we aren't that far from there now!

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    RB I don't figure you are someone who would go out and rob any banks either.

But, I'm not ready to lift the law that makes it illegal to rob banks either!

You seem to want to argue about the effectiveness of laws that are put in place to deter crimes. and establish punishments for the crimes.

Based on your theory, and your attitude about law, we might as well just do away with the laws- all laws since you don't think they are working for us and that laws are so unnecessary.

For heaven's sake! Let's just go back to the wild west and settle everything at High Noon in the street by seeing who can sling their gun the fastest!

Is that what you want? Because we aren't that far from there now!
    So you finally admit gun laws aren't effective.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Teabillies would serve their families well by paying rent instead of buying AR #5

who are they arming themselves against...…….the Feds?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    mass shooters use legally purchased assault rifles, everyone knows that except teahicks
    No mass shooter has ever used an assault rifle. Everyone knows that except gun hating, nl faggots like you.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    No mass shooter has ever used an assault rifle. Everyone knows that except gun hating, nl faggots like you.
    AR's are assault rifles dopey

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Teabillies would serve their families well by paying rent instead of buying AR #5

who are they arming themselves against...…….the Feds?
    They do both, boy. Blacks would serve their community better if they'd stop producing bastard babies and demanding someone else feed them.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

AR's are assault rifles dopey
    Only to someone like you that doesn't know the difference. See, you've just proven you're a gun hating, nl, faggot.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Only to someone like you that doesn't know the difference. .
    apparently you don't

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They do both, boy. .
    no they don't

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

apparently you don't
    It's clear you don't, boy. That low IQ isn't working well for your kind is it?

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

no they don't
    It's your kind that don't, boy. 1 in every 3 1/2 blacks is using food stamps. 3/4 black babies are bastards.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's clear you don't, boy. That low IQ isn't working well for your kind is it?
    after you finally croak, tell that to Stoner

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

after you finally croak, tell that to Stoner
    I'll outlive you. You niggers die from high blood pressure, sickle cell, and all sorts of other diseases early in life.