Members banned from this thread: evince

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "islam is right about women" sign causes massive liberal cognitive dissonence

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No different than the Bible and how it is interpreted by some fundamentalist Xtians and some extreme conservative Jews (OT that is, not the entire Bible). They claim that scriptures make women 2nd-class to men, subservient, submissive, basically property to do with as the man wishes.
    Jesus was actually the one that moved the role of women towards a brighter existence. If people actually just followed Christ instead of trying to interpret certain aspects, people, cherry-pick we wouldn't have these things. Stuff was written in a violent and archaic era where such things as stonings were how misdeeds were handled. They forget the Bible says they aren't the judge and to treat people without condemnation just because of their sin. Also, that people abide by secular laws rather than rebel and sacrifice their virtuous heart and soul. Forgive, forget, help, and cherish. Even in the case of murderers etc. You don't condemn them in a horrid manner you help them. You put them in a position they can't damage others or themselves. To harm them puts you on their plateua.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Punch View Post
    You have submitted fascism. I will not bow to your evil masters. I will never bow to trump, to Orban, to the fascist world order that seems total domination. I will never bow to your dictators, you are a slave, but not I.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

all major religions are vastly outdated. however, people that ignore the bad stuff aren't really christians, they just belong to a special social club and that's it.
    All the believers in the world and terrorists put together aren't half the threat to civilization that the fascist world order and fake identity Christianity is. The believers are a spent force, they are irrelevant. There are two futures, the future of who bow (the fascists), and the future of those who do not bow, the freedom fighters and resistance against the dictators who rule the world and their slavish subjects.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

it's so perfectly brilliant

I love how they can't admit what islam actually says. They want to say it's offensive, but they can't because islam is a beautiful religion.

but if they pretend to agree with islam, then they know they are implicitly being anti-women.

so their npc brians meltdown and they instead just engage in doublethink.
    Islam is irrelevant.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

let me guess, you just pay attention to the good stuff and ignore all the bad stuff?

pretty sure the quran says you shouldn't be arguing with us men at all. also you shouldn't be testifying in court, among many other things. keep living in denial.
    Autistic protestant reading of another religion. Just a fake identity Christian that claims to be an atheist but is in fact subconsciously subservient to its world view. Pure nihilism. I don't care about Islam or how people interpret it or how good or bad they are at it, new atheism is one of the most garbage stupid ideologies in history any this new New atheist ideology where they just rip out everything that's not about Islam is even more retarded. The fascists just used it as a way to scare you and get you to blow to them, which you did freely and seemingly like an idiot. Let's discuss your masters, your owners, not foreigners.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Islam IS right about women if you read the Qur'an. Now some of its adherents, not so much.
    The Koran isn't islam, again, that's a retarded protestant reading of another religion. Only in protestantism is text supreme or the only source of inspiration, if you read the Torah, you don't understand rabbinic Judaism, if you read the Koran, you don't understand Islam. It's literally impossible to read enough and talk to enough people to understand these religions and all their currents, it would take all time.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If we took away religion from the Muslims, they would descend into nihilism and fascism like the western rightists did when they bought the new atheist arguments and stopped believing in God. We have enough problems right now, let's take them one at a time.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

all major religions are vastly outdated. however, people that ignore the bad stuff aren't really christians, they just belong to a special social club and that's it.
    Don't undervalue social clubs. If I could, I would be a member of Thomas Magnum's King Kamehameha Club and Mycroft Holmes' Diogenes Club.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Never forget Christchurch View Post
    If we took away religion from the Muslims, they would descend into nihilism and fascism like the western rightists did when they bought the new atheist arguments and stopped believing in God. We have enough problems right now, let's take them one at a time.
    Okay, Nietzche.