1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

I don't even consider them the opposition necessarily. If we are all Americans, we are all on the same side. We simply gravitate to different approaches to achieve the same goal, a better America.

but they are the enemy, its a GRU(the new GB) disinformation program and its already worked

ignoring the enemy means you lose

I consider myself fairly well informed. And I think I have a more accurate assessment of Trump fans than the failed and overly simplistic we/they theory.

the Russian influence has already worked

On this we agree. Check my stats. I have never groaned a single post. The best way to shut down failed arguments is and always has been to point out why they are wrong and to then point out the truth. Everything else is just words in the wind.
    I never ban

I never ignore

I never neg rep

I spread the truth in an entertaining way

My love of the truth leads me

2. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

I once mused that there should be such a list. I thought the good people should share lists and create a master list for good people.

Later I figured out that was naive. Ignore Lists are personal things. They will be different for everybody.

But if we can get enough people to post their lists I bet there are some names that come up over and over.

That would be a start for a general 'don't bother with them' list.
    i don't think many have "real" ignore lists that you'll see.... ( they might cut & paste, post the list here, and but then just unclick them all...lol)....
    Plus if someone quotes one on your ignore list, you see it anyway...don't you?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Jack (09-20-2019), Life is Golden (09-21-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I never ban

I never ignore

I never neg rep

I spread the truth in an entertaining way

My love of the truth leads me
    So list some of your "truth"...the posters you claim are bots....People ask you all the time but you never do....
    If you can't, then you must be lying....

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Why are you picking a fight?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Johnstone For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

It's no secret that with few rules at JPP some people have large Ignore Lists.

I am one of them, and have outlined why in my PIP.

Wanna share Ignore Lists?

I'll post mine if you post yours.

Just go to Settings / Edit Ignore List and do a copy/paste.

I wonder which names are on the most lists?

Let's find out, shall we?

This could be helpful to new posters and for the substance of the board.

I am so glad to be a voice for civility.

That just improves the quality of the board so we spend less time on drivel and more time learning.

Enjoy...
    I do not have anyone on ignore. I just skim right by the lower life forms, the mind-numbingly boring, the incoherent and mediocre to read the posters I choose to read.

I have a lot of trolls, one-hit wonders, known racists, bigots, and liars on my thread ban list. Only trolls and truly terrible human beings even get considered for my thread ban. The bottom line is I do not consider racism, bigotry, libel, gossip, mental illness, misogyny, and xenophobia to be protected forms of free speech. It is part and parcel of my contribution to improving the interwebs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

domer76 (10-05-2019)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have had to put Dark Snitch on my Ignore List. (There should be a 'List of Forum Rats' posted somewhere. That would help a lot)
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

amazonerds......hopefully all of them....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I used to have USF on my List, but he has lost his voice (along with his mind).

I am waiting for USF to:
    1. Admit he is a Snowflake.
    2. Admit he wants JPP to have a 'Safe Place'.
    3. Accept the Play-Doh Mason has offered.
    4. Accept the Toy Dinosaur Jade has offered.
    5. Accept the weed-laced Brownies Owl has offered.
    6. Accept the Bible (with evils of sex highlighted in yellow) from Phantasmal.
    7. Pledge to stop hanging around with Dark Snitch.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I probably have more on than off thanks to the countless troll socks. I like to just put up a wall and take on people at my leisure rather than read through piles of garbage.
    Exactly. I have the most virulent racists, bigots, haters, and dumbfucks on ignore since they have no redeeming qualities to offer whatsoever.

I'm always amused at the anti-ignore-list few around here. Not speaking of evince of course, but rather of the couple of obsessed ones who follow certain ppl around devotedly reading all of their previous days' posts, and frequently remarking on them in a non sequitur way. Sometimes one of your posts will even be (badly) quoted in a unique word salad that only makes sense to your stalker. And of course "groans" must be lovingly placed upon all your posts as well.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-20-2019)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I used to have USF on my List, but he has lost his voice (along with his mind).

I am waiting for USF to:
    1. Admit he is a Snowflake.
    2. Admit he wants JPP to have a 'Safe Place'.
    3. Accept the Play-Doh Mason has offered.
    4. Accept the Toy Dinosaur Jade has offered.
    5. Accept the weed-laced Brownies Owl has offered.
    6. Accept the Bible (with evils of sex highlighted in yellow) from Phantasmal.
    7. Pledge to stop hanging around with Dark Snitch.
    I would never offer USF a weed-laced brownie. What a waste of good weed. I do have shrooms though....... muhahahahaha.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jack (09-20-2019)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I do not have anyone on ignore. I just skim right by the lower life forms, the mind-numbingly boring, the incoherent and mediocre to read the posters I choose to read.

I have a lot of trolls, one-hit wonders, known racists, bigots, and liars on my thread ban list. Only trolls and truly terrible human beings even get considered for my thread ban. The bottom line is I do not consider racism, bigotry, libel, gossip, mental illness, misogyny, and xenophobia to be protected forms of free speech. It is part and parcel of my contribution to improving the interwebs.
    Alright. Thanks for that reply. Sounds like it is sort of a mental ignore list. See the name, move on, don't read. I suppose that is what I would be doing as well. That's the way I used to do it before I decided to spoil myself for a while and just block all the trolls out. After I did that for a few weeks I didn't want to go back.

I always used my IgList as my ThreadBan List. But I realized that the thread ban feature is useless without a rule prohibiting thread thievery. That's where somebody C/P's your whole thread, with the same title, perhaps a word or character changed, and posts it with no thread ban. Then you've got dual conversations going about the same thing, so it dilutes the conversation and wrecks the thread. So I stopped using the thread ban feature. No big, I'll hand that one to them. Where there are no rules people will abuse one another. So why not just drop the thread ban feature and be done with it if there is no rule to make it work as intended.

I would favor a change to the site where you simply do not see the messages that x banned poster is on your Ignore list so that post is hidden. Same thing over and over. I think it would be better to simply see nothing. I've taken part in chat sites where that is the case and it works fine. Then there is no scrolling to be done, so less time is wasted doing that. And if somebody is on my Ignore List I really don't want to be seeing their name all the time. I'd really prefer to simply not even remember they exist on the planet.

And the really best way I could imagine would be if users had an option to also avoid seeing any post which replies to an ignored poster. I don't even want to respond to anything they said, even if it is second hand.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (09-20-2019)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly. I have the most virulent racists, bigots, haters, and dumbfucks on ignore since they have no redeeming qualities to offer whatsoever.

I'm always amused at the anti-ignore-list few around here. Not speaking of evince of course, but rather of the couple of obsessed ones who follow certain ppl around devotedly reading all of their previous days' posts, and frequently remarking on them in a non sequitur way. Sometimes one of your posts will even be (badly) quoted in a unique word salad that only makes sense to your stalker. And of course "groans" must be lovingly placed upon all your posts as well.
    Groans from certain posters are like a badge of honor. Then you know you are really making your point. Pay no attention to them. If you wanted to run a study I bet you would learn that it is actually a small number of people who do nothing but sit around and groan others all the time. What negative energy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2019)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

domer76 (10-05-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2019)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Hello Cypress,

Alright. Thanks for that reply. Sounds like it is sort of a mental ignore list. See the name, move on, don't read. I suppose that is what I would be doing as well. That's the way I used to do it before I decided to spoil myself for a while and just block all the trolls out. After I did that for a few weeks I didn't want to go back.

I always used my IgList as my ThreadBan List. But I realized that the thread ban feature is useless without a rule prohibiting thread thievery. That's where somebody C/P's your whole thread, with the same title, perhaps a word or character changed, and posts it with no thread ban. Then you've got dual conversations going about the same thing, so it dilutes the conversation and wrecks the thread. So I stopped using the thread ban feature. No big, I'll hand that one to them. Where there are no rules people will abuse one another. So why not just drop the thread ban feature and be done with it if there is no rule to make it work as intended.

I would favor a change to the site where you simply do not see the messages that x banned poster is on your Ignore list so that post is hidden. Same thing over and over. I think it would be better to simply see nothing. I've taken part in chat sites where that is the case and it works fine. Then there is no scrolling to be done, so less time is wasted doing that. And if somebody is on my Ignore List I really don't want to be seeing their name all the time. I'd really prefer to simply not even remember they exist on the planet.

And the really best way I could imagine would be if users had an option to also avoid seeing any post which replies to an ignored poster. I don't even want to respond to anything they said, even if it is second hand.
    You can take it as a compliment - the dotards, primates, and lower life forms who plagiarize your threads obviously find your writing, your contributions, your ideas for threads to be interesting, compelling, worth spending time on, worth discussing.

It is a testament to the quality of your contributions.

When you really think about it, is is extraordinary how many jpp posters are mediocre, subpar, boring, insipid, barely articulate, dull, and not even worth reading or paying attention to in the slightest.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

domer76 (10-05-2019), PoliTalker (09-20-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2019)

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    amazonerds......hopefully all of them....
    What a pussy PMP has becum

25. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Groans from certain posters are like a badge of honor. Then you know you are really making your point. Pay no attention to them. If you wanted to run a study I bet you would learn that it is actually a small number of people who do nothing but sit around and groan others all the time. What negative energy.
    The two who do it the most are Havana and Pearl.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

domer76 (10-05-2019), PoliTalker (09-20-2019)