1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    To each their own- but what you just said sounds an awful lot like some going-it-alone anti-globalization speech!

But, let me remind you that- that is the Donnie-Approach to life- The turning off of mainstream media- just to watch Fox News whose FAKE NEWS is scripted- JUST FOR HIM!
    Yeah, I get that a lot from people who don't use Ignore Lists. They suspect I am 'missing things.' I theorize that it is actually the other way around.

How could that be?

Here's my thinking:

If I spend my time mixing it up with those people then I get into a lot of pissing matches that really don't have much to do with politics but really end up being about personalities and who can come up with the most hurtful insults.

If I spend my time seeking out the most issue-oriented posters then my mind is stirred to consider complex concepts I wouldn't have otherwise.

I liken it to moving beyond the chaff to get to the good stuff.

Now, I know that some of these abrasive people do have higher thoughts. And yes, I miss out on that. But I think it is more than made up for by what I AM getting. I don't have enough time to talk to everybody, so it is only logical to filter out the less desirable and focus on the higher quality stuff. That is far more likely to stir me to research issues in order to form an opinion.

I don't think my approach is much like DT at all. He doesn't really get into the nuts and bolts as much as just wanting to know how it looks in the media and publicly. That's his version of reality. As far as he is concerned, if it isn't being talked about then it doesn't matter. I know better, and that is a big difference. For DT, the talk determines the reality. For me, it's the other way around.

If it hasn't been in the news, DT doesn't know about it. Or care. I know and care about what has been in the news plus a lot more.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-21-2019)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

my approach is its not about me or them

Its about the facts

I pummel liars

if you hadn't noticed Lies are what is being used to try and destroy this nation

they MUST BE FOUGHT for us to WIN

4. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Yeah, I get that a lot from people who don't use Ignore Lists. They suspect I am 'missing things.' I theorize that it is actually the other way around.

How could that be?

Here's my thinking:

If I spend my time mixing it up with those people then I get into a lot of pissing matches that really don't have much to do with politics but really end up being about personalities and who can come up with the most hurtful insults.

If I spend my time seeking out the most issue-oriented posters then my mind is stirred to consider complex concepts I wouldn't have otherwise.

I liken it to moving beyond the chaff to get to the good stuff.

Now, I know that some of these abrasive people do have higher thoughts. And yes, I miss out on that. But I think it is more than made up for by what I AM getting. I don't have enough time to talk to everybody, so it is only logical to filter out the less desirable and focus on the higher quality stuff. That is far more likely to stir me to research issues in order to form an opinion.

I don't think my approach is much like DT at all. He doesn't really get into the nuts and bolts as much as just wanting to know how it looks in the media and publicly. That's his version of reality. As far as he is concerned, if it isn't being talked about then it doesn't matter. I know better, and that is a big difference. For DT, the talk determines the reality. For me, it's the other way around.

If it hasn't been in the news, DT doesn't know about it. Or care. I know and care about what has been in the news plus a lot more.
    Thanks for all of your honest answers.

I'm not sure that spending any time here in this forum is actually productive in any sense of the word. It seems to be a place to kick the dog and let off some steam.

Please don't let me sound like I am on your case, as I was really just throwing some different thoughts out there!

JPP is a shark tank, but even little Nemo learned to swim with the sharks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2019)

7. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

people read these sites folks

we can reach more humans here than we can in person

these sites are the new town hall folks

I am here to get the facts out

Im not here for my own pleasure

LIARS MUST BE FOUGHT WHERE THEY EXIST

8. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

9. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Oh no, not at all. You ignore them for various reasons but it's not to avoid questions. If you're ignoring someone and they try to communicate you occasionally remove them from ignore depending on how bad they are. If you catch them responding to you after someone else quotes you can just wrap what they say in a quote and respond. Too many people are write-offs here though. Truth Detector for one just posts gifs, spams, and talks pointless smack.
    Isn't scrolling past a post....much easier? Is reading words on a computer screen...really that traumatic?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Judy Johnstone (09-21-2019), USFREEDOM911 (09-21-2019)

11. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Exactly
    (And...really....if you're constantly "reminding" someone that they're on ignore by cutting and pasting examples of the posts you're "ignoring", well....that's just proof positive that you're reading every single word That's so not grown...
    That's what I've always thought. They read every post and claim otherwise.....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

TOP (09-21-2019)

13. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Thanks for all of your honest answers.

I'm not sure that spending any time here in this forum is actually productive in any sense of the word. It seems to be a place to kick the dog and let off some steam.

Please don't let me sound like I am on your case, as I was really just throwing some different thoughts out there!

JPP is a shark tank, but even little Nemo learned to swim with the sharks.
    Politalker wants to be in an echo chamber. I have never insulted her. She thread bans me because I don't walk in lockstep with her beliefs. That's pathetic for someone who claims to be a grown up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

RB 60 (09-22-2019)

15. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I will accept your last 4 posts as agreeing to #3, #4, #5, and #6.

3. Accept the Play-Doh Mason has offered.
    4. Accept the Toy Dinosaur Jade has offered.
    5. Accept the weed-laced Brownies Owl has offered.
    6. Accept the Bible (with evils of sex highlighted in yellow) from Phantasmal.

You have one more to go. #7. I know this is difficult, but it's for your own good.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of one of your Anime videos, but figured that would be way over USF head, so settled on something USF could relate to. The Meds is a good idea, but I would prefer JPP Professional Therapists prescribe the necessary Treatment for USF. USF, as you know, has gone into a deep psychosis and may not return to Reality anytime too soon. Giving him simple things like Play-Doh and Magic Brownies should keep him content until the Real Stuff can be administered, like Thorazine.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

17. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I bet you have a good idea who my obsessed minion was talking about, eh? lol

No, I don't read *any* posts (unless someone else quotes them) -- or quote them myself because that's impossible -- of those on my ignore list. OTOH, I don't do "fake ignore" by not using the "reply with quote" function yet posting snark referencing it either. I also don't spend precious moments of life researching what someone-I-hate-because-she's-better-than-me said every single day, and ineptly pasting them into what I think is a devastating comment. You know, like this aborted attempt at whoring:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...94#post3258894

The poorly-quoted comment was one that I made that had nothing to do with the whore, but someone she saw herself in it. Imagine the shame. lol

My original comment, wherein I was scolding the OP and posters who were gloating over the latest tropical storm and flooding that devastated our neighbors to the South:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...13#post3258613
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Isn't scrolling past a post....much easier? Is reading words on a computer screen...really that traumatic?
    Scrolling past asshole posts is fine. The ignore function is even finer when they reply to something you've said. There isn't a single person on my ignore list who has replied to one of my posts in a civil manner. I grok anger, but calling someone who disagrees with your racism a "ni**er-lover" is beyond the pale. Calling ppl of another race hideous words like that is too.

It's interesting that those who admit to ignore lists mostly do it to avoid the hateful racism rampant here, while those who brag that they don't are okay with racism. Evince is surprising in that she won't put any racists on ignore. She's tougher than I am.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-05-2019)

20. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    [/COLOR].
    I will take this as a 'Yes' to #7. Congratulations.

21. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,414 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Indeed .....and still trolling away, as you may have noticed

22. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    [/COLOR].
    USFREEDOM911 is now Officially off my Ignore List.

23. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

USFREEDOM911 is now Officially off my Ignore List.
    He put COLOR back into your life? How sweet! Enjoy your time together.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jack (09-21-2019)