Thread: Who's On Your Ignore List?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Who's On Your Ignore List?

It's no secret that with few rules at JPP some people have large Ignore Lists.

I am one of them, and have outlined why in my PIP.

Wanna share Ignore Lists?

I'll post mine if you post yours.

Just go to Settings / Edit Ignore List and do a copy/paste.

I wonder which names are on the most lists?

Let's find out, shall we?

This could be helpful to new posters and for the substance of the board.

I am so glad to be a voice for civility.

That just improves the quality of the board so we spend less time on drivel and more time learning.

Enjoy...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's my current Ignore List:

Anarchon
    Arminius
    AssHatZombie
    Bigdog
    blades
    Bobb
    BodyDouble
    Boris The Animal
    Buck Tucker
    Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez
    Cancel 2018. 3
    Cancel 2018.2
    CFM
    CharacterAssassin
    CookieCrusher
    coolzone
    countryboy
    Dark Soul
    deadcatbounce
    Death Watch 2020
    DonaldvoTrumpovich
    Eagle-Eye
    Earl
    Enlightened One
    Evmetro
    Getin the ring
    Granule
    Guille
    Havana Moon
    I Love America
    iewitness
    Into the Night
    Irish
    katzgar
    Legion
    Life is Golden
    lisasanders1964
    Lord Yurt
    Loving91390
    LV426
    OG Yurt
    PostmodernProphet
    PraiseKek
    Proud Boy
    Ralph
    RB 60
    rhym3pays
    Robo
    Sailor
    saltydancin
    SmarterthanYou
    Steven VanderMolen
    Superfreak
    Teflon Don
    Terri4Trump
    Text Drivers are Killers
    The Ugly Truth
    tinfoil
    Tkaffen
    Tommatthews
    Truth Detector
    TTQ64
    USFREEDOM911
    Vasquezrocks
    volsrock
    Wolverine
    Yurt
    zymurgy
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

None, what's the fun in that, how you going to find out the latest line the radio and FOX demogogues are selling if you can't read the Trumpkins' posts?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (09-20-2019), Judy Johnstone (09-20-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    None, what's the fun in that, how you going to find out the latest line the radio and FOX demogogues are selling if you can't read the Trumpkins' posts?
    This reminds me of my reasoning for not using turn signals before I quit that bad habit and began using them as a course of good driving habits.

I reasoned that if I used turn signals that people would just speed up to cut me off from making lane changes. I was actually correct about that assumption, but I was incorrect in thinking that everybody would do that. Actually, taking this chance by putting myself out there resulted in a renewal of faith in the goodness of humanity. Turns out (pun intended) there are a lot of good people in this world and they drive too. Sure, I get people that speed up to cut me off, but what happens most often (by far, actually) is that they slow down and allow me in.

How does this relate to having a large Ignore List?

Some might assume that only Trump fans are rude. Turns out that is not true. And it kind of reinforces my faith in humanity to see that. If you look at my IgList you'll notice there are some liberals on there as well. And if you look at my Friends list you'll see conservatives on there.

Sorry if that shoots the heck out of the we/they theory.

I have always been a seeker of the truth. That can be pretty tricky with politics. A lot of liberals want to assume that all conservatives are hateful horrible people. I have learned that is not the case at all. And the flip of that is also true. Neither side can claim that everyone on their side is all good and everyone on the opposite side is all bad. Really, the we/they theory is bunk. There are a lot of very good Trump fans. They are good people. I know some of them personally. Even among the ones on my Ignore List, I am sure there are some good people, people you would want to have as neighbors. (I just don't like the way they talk to me dismissively) And liberals include plenty of bad people. People I would not trust with anything and would not want to have as neighbors.

The we/they theory is total BS. It is overly simplistic and it is dangerous. The sooner people get past that the better their understanding of how American politics works.

Forgiveness is power.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

you cant know the reality of your opposition by ignoring your opposition

I figured out some foreign nation was faking on the internets

pretending to be American voters

the posts are here on this site to prove it

back before it was a known entity

All because I ignored NO POSTERS

and yet again I was proven correct

without knowing what you are fighting you cant win

I don't even neg rep ANYONE

I use my words for that

9. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2019)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello archives,

This reminds me of my reasoning for not using turn signals before I quit that bad habit and began using them as a course of good driving habits.

I reasoned that if I used turn signals that people would just speed up to cut me off from making lane changes. I was actually correct about that assumption, but I was incorrect in thinking that everybody would do that. Actually, taking this chance by putting myself out there resulted in a renewal of faith in the goodness of humanity. Turns out (pun intended) there are a lot of good people in this world and they drive too. Sure, I get people that speed up to cut me off, but what happens most often (by far, actually) is that they slow down and allow me in.

How does this relate to having a large Ignore List?

Some might assume that only Trump fans are rude. Turns out that is not true. And it kind of reinforces my faith in humanity to see that. If you look at my IgList you'll notice there are some liberals on there as well. And if you look at my Friends list you'll see conservatives on there.

Sorry if that shoots the heck out of the we/they theory.

I have always been a seeker of the truth. That can be pretty tricky with politics. A lot of liberals want to assume that all conservatives are hateful horrible people. I have learned that is not the case at all. And the flip of that is also true. Neither side can claim that everyone on their side is all good and everyone on the opposite side is all bad. Really, the we/they theory is bunk. There are a lot of very good Trump fans. They are good people. I know some of them personally. Even among the ones on my Ignore List, I am sure there are some good people, people you would want to have as neighbors. (I just don't like the way they talk to me dismissively) And liberals include plenty of bad people. People I would not trust with anything and would not want to have as neighbors.

The we/they theory is total BS. It is overly simplistic and it is dangerous. The sooner people get past that the better their understanding of how American politics works.

Forgiveness is power.
    That is all fine and well, although the directional logic escapes me, but banning posters you are missing out on others input especially the wacky contributors who provide the humor

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Would you care to name some of the bots?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

TOP (09-20-2019)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That is all fine and well, although the directional logic escapes me, but banning posters you are missing out on others input especially the wacky contributors who provide the humor
    And you're not missing anything?

The truth is we are all missing things said by other posters. Nobody can keep up with and read every thread.

Our only difference is that I am filtering out the ugliness and you are not.

That's your prerogative. I have done it that way, and long ago wondered what it would be like to use the given filters. Having done it both ways, I decided I like using the filters.

I don't think this has resulted in any reduction of the amount I learn by visiting JPP. Actually I believe it has increased it, since I don't get involved with the food fights, and stick mostly to actually talking about subjects instead of non-productive flame wars.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    you cant know the reality of your opposition by ignoring your opposition
    I don't even consider them the opposition necessarily. If we are all Americans, we are all on the same side. We simply gravitate to different approaches to achieve the same goal, a better America.

I figured out some foreign nation was faking on the internets

pretending to be American voters

the posts are here on this site to prove it

back before it was a known entity

All because I ignored NO POSTERS

and yet again I was proven correct

without knowing what you are fighting you cant win
    I consider myself fairly well informed. And I think I have a more accurate assessment of Trump fans than the failed and overly simplistic we/they theory.

I don't even neg rep ANYONE

I use my words for that
    On this we agree. Check my stats. I have never groaned a single post. The best way to shut down failed arguments is and always has been to point out why they are wrong and to then point out the truth. Everything else is just words in the wind.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

characterassasin and lv426, the two biggest retards on this site.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2019)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Here's my current Ignore List:

Anarchon
    Arminius
    AssHatZombie
    Bigdog
    blades
    Bobb
    BodyDouble
    Boris The Animal
    Buck Tucker
    Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez
    Cancel 2018. 3
    Cancel 2018.2
    CFM
    CharacterAssassin
    CookieCrusher
    coolzone
    countryboy
    Dark Soul
    deadcatbounce
    Death Watch 2020
    DonaldvoTrumpovich
    Eagle-Eye
    Earl
    Enlightened One
    Evmetro
    Getin the ring
    Granule
    Guille
    Havana Moon
    I Love America
    iewitness
    Into the Night
    Irish
    katzgar
    Legion
    Life is Golden
    lisasanders1964
    Lord Yurt
    Loving91390
    LV426
    OG Yurt
    PostmodernProphet
    PraiseKek
    Proud Boy
    Ralph
    RB 60
    rhym3pays
    Robo
    Sailor
    saltydancin
    SmarterthanYou
    Steven VanderMolen
    Superfreak
    Teflon Don
    Terri4Trump
    Text Drivers are Killers
    The Ugly Truth
    tinfoil
    Tkaffen
    Tommatthews
    Truth Detector
    TTQ64
    USFREEDOM911
    Vasquezrocks
    volsrock
    Wolverine
    Yurt
    zymurgy
    I probably have more on than off thanks to the countless troll socks. I like to just put up a wall and take on people at my leisure rather than read through piles of garbage.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have had to put Dark Snitch on my Ignore List. (There should be a 'List of Forum Rats' posted somewhere. That would help a lot)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2019), Trumpet (09-21-2019)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jade Dragon,

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I probably have more on than off thanks to the countless troll socks. I like to just put up a wall and take on people at my leisure rather than read through piles of garbage.
    THANK YOU!

I once fancied that I was spoiling myself by avoiding such grief.

Now I consider it essential to maintaining a positive psyche.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have had to put Dark Snitch on my Ignore List. (There should be a 'List of Forum Rats' posted somewhere. That would help a lot)
    I once mused that there should be such a list. I thought the good people should share lists and create a master list for good people.

Later I figured out that was naive. Ignore Lists are personal things. They will be different for everybody.

But if we can get enough people to post their lists I bet there are some names that come up over and over.

That would be a start for a general 'don't bother with them' list.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (09-20-2019)